WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You'll have to excuse me. I've been reading a somewhat positive book. One of the writers is an ex SAS guy who was captured in Iraq and tortured. His philosophy was that as long as he was alive he was winning. Very interesting thought process. The book is coupling the ideas of psychopathic behavior, positive psychology and achieving success all in one.

Gotta bust your chops from time to time.

I actually share that belief - every day I wake up with my faculties intact I have a puncher's chance to get things done. While it doesn't take the sting out of the grind of the day, it surely makes things more manageable.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sleep is not something I've accomplished much of these last two days. Monday night was noisy neighbours. Last night the fire alarm battery decided to kick it. Why do these batteries decide to die in the middle of the night when you have no idea how to open the casing and have no replacement battery?

I have replaced 4 of them in the last two weeks :) The best one was the first one that had died while we had gone to India. Thank God that in the USA stores close late, in Denmark, I would have been screwed - everything seemed to close there around 5 PM. Picked up the batteries late at night and then had to get the ladder out from the garage, I have vaulted ceilings and that is a bigger problem than just swapping out the battery.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to going to Atlantic City and sleeping in a bed that's not my own for a night.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In the last two days I've had the equivalent of 8 hours of sleep or less. I know there are people out the who get less sleep all the time, like Donald Trump. I'm beginning to understand him more now. At this little sleep I'm beginning to hallucinate as well... :p

Soon you will be a Tory....because I somehow don't see you trying to open the LaRue Tower near the London Eye on the Thames...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not really happy because the stress grades bring :(.

There are plenty of other things in life that will bring more stress when you enter the workforce and the number of responsibilities get multiplied by 1020! Enjoy your time in school, I still fondly remember those days.... Nostalgia is a funny thing first thing in the AM.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking forward to going to Atlantic City and sleeping in a bed that's not my own for a night.

While I was on our road trip to Switzerland we slept in a few different beds. The ones at the chain hotels were the worst. They were hard as rocks. :/ I like a medium/soft bed personally. The one B&B we stayed at on the way back had an amazingly comfortable bed.

My bed here isn't too bad but I'm thinking the next time we move it might be a good idea to get a new one though. It just seems to lack something.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In Australia and here in the UK it's all about sending your child to a 'good' school to ensure their future. There were people in Australia putting themselves into debt just to send their kids to a private school. That's when you know there's a problem.

My wife is seriously considering putting our kid in a private school, even though the public schools where we live are great. But she has a few very valid points as well and what she picked out for our girl has worked really well so far.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In Finland, one of the top rated school systems in the world, has such a different way of doing things. Their schooling is free and it's free up to Phd level. So you find a lot of people with Masters in Finland.

Scandinavian countries have solved this conundrum pretty well. I read about how they tend to focus on learning versus grades, now only if the weather were a bit better and the local language was a bit easier to learn as well..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My wife is seriously considering putting our kid in a private school, even though the public schools where we live are great. But she has a few very valid points as well and what she picked out for our girl has worked really well so far.

If I had children I would put them in private school as well. Not to be elitist but I think they offer the better education overall. I think I would have had better success in a private school all things considered. That and my mother had an opportunity to put me in an advance class and decided not to... :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ummm, no it doesn't ?
M8 Andro : Talk Time 20h, standby time 496h
M8 WP : Talk time: 22h , standby time 528h
source: HTC site

Sure it's better but not by much.

10% is not bad, I think this is the 10% Sahib asked N_LaRue to not hallucinate about.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's got to be a mix up somewhere. There's no way it can be that more efficient. It looks good for WP but I have a hard time believing it considering I've heard many people have excellent battery life on Android.

Um that is not quite true and has been mostly achieved via massive batteries like almost 3000mAh. My N4, N5 and Sammy all died during the day with little to moderate use. The 925 currently stacks up favorably to my Moto X.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Um that is not quite true and has been mostly achieved via massive batteries like almost 3000mAh. My N4, N5 and Sammy all died during the day with little to moderate use. The 925 currently stacks up favorably to my Moto X.

But 75% increase? I can't believe that. Sorry.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

There are plenty of other things in life that will bring more stress when you enter the workforce and the number of responsibilities get multiplied by 1020! Enjoy your time in school, I still fondly remember those days.... Nostalgia is a funny thing first thing in the AM.

I know everything will be harder even in later years of school. I just have to moan about something :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99