WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I never said you did, but it seems many who have Lumias are putting down this phone without even trying it. It's fine if you don't like it and don't want it, but like people in the blog comments who are very ignorant and rude, that's another.

Well that sucks :/ already its getting out down after it was named the fastest WP in the market

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Interest ≠ buying. I can be interested in the 930 but it doesn't mean ill buy it.
It's a good phone don't get me wrong :p but the lack of support kinda ruined it :/ and I'm sure other HTC users think the same way
While you're correct, I think HTC now has Microsoft to really assist them in updating their phones. Besides, it should get the same support cycle as One M8 for Android.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Interest ≠ buying. I can be interested in the 930 but it doesn't mean ill buy it.

It's a good phone don't get me wrong :p but the lack of support kinda ruined it :/ and I'm sure other HTC users think the same way

Interest can sometimes mean buying. And it's funny you are saying HTC has bad support on WPs, when they were the first to get GDR3, only stopped on 8.1.1 (they were allowed to, it's past 18 months), yet the 810 had the crappiest support ever. :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I never said you did, but it seems many who have Lumias are putting down this phone without even trying it. It's fine if you don't like it and don't want it, but like people in the blog comments who are very ignorant and rude, that's another.
It's crazy. Here we are with hardware that can potential sway the tide in WP's favor, and there go people who try and tear that chance apart.

Sad, really.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Interest can sometimes mean buying. And it's funny you are saying HTC has bad support on WPs, when they were the first to get GDR3, only stopped on 8.1.1 (they were allowed to, it's past 18 months), yet the 810 had the crappiest support ever. :p
In my case, interest is tantamount to buying.

Getting a hundred people who never considered looking at WP before, and getting at least one of them to buy the One M8 for Windows is a huge accomplishment.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

It's crazy. Here we are with hardware that can potential sway the tide in WP's favor, and there go people who try and tear that chance apart.

Sad, really.

When we think we aren't sheep 🐑 with our WP partners, instead, we put them down, and want them to fail and only buy Lumias. If HTC sells well, Lumia fanboys will realize that WP is growing, right?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

In my case, interest is tantamount to buying.

Getting a hundred people who never considered looking at WP before, and getting at least one of them to buy the One M8 for Windows is a huge accomplishment.

To be honest, I think a user first trying Windows Phone would get the W8 over the 930, for example, as it has a look that screams something else, and iPhone users like that design too.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Well that sucks :/ already its getting out down after it was named the fastest WP in the market
I'm sorry, but what does "getting out down" mean?

By the way, that obvious fact was obvious. The current-gen high-end Lumia devices have Qualcomm 800 chipsets. The HTC One M8 for Windows Phone has a Qualcomm 801.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

While you're correct, I think HTC now has Microsoft to really assist them in updating their phones. Besides, it should get the same support cycle as One M8 for Android.

Companies make promises and guarantee one day but change another. HTC can say oh yeah we will update it but another come out " oh since we are financially constraint we can't update the WP version "

That's my reason not to buy it

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, but what does "getting out down" mean?

By the way, that obvious fact was obvious. The current-gen high-end Lumia devices have Qualcomm 800 chipsets. The HTC One M8 for Windows Phone has a Qualcomm 801.

I want to know that too.

And people think the 801 is a minor difference. They should note it isn't just speed, but also efficiency and camera processing.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

When we think we aren't sheep 🐑 with our WP partners, instead, we put them down, and want them to fail and only buy Lumias. If HTC sells well, Lumia fanboys will realize that WP is growing, right?
Not really.

The Lumia fanboys, for the lack of a better word, simply Nokia sheep. That's me being extremely blunt about it.

They'll probably end up taking HTC down no matter what.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Companies make promises and guarantee one day but change another. HTC can say oh yeah we will update it but another come out " oh since we are financially constraint we can't update the WP version "

That's my reason not to buy it
That would kill any demand for a One M8 for Windows Phone.

It's like the Saturn and the Dreamcast again.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm.not trying to put anyone Down or HTC but their actions said other wise.
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Not really.

The Lumia fanboys, for the lack of a better word, simply Nokia sheep. That's me being extremely blunt about it.

They'll probably end up taking HTC down no matter what.

So true. And I'm not a Nokia hater, I am typing this on my 920, but I'm not ignorant towards others.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

If they update past threshold then ill consider it and that goes for the 830
"Update past Threshold"

Even if they follow the support cycle for the 8S, you'll most likely get to Threshold.

An 18-month support cycle (which is fairly common among HTC devices) is going to take you past Threshold quite handily.

A 36-month support cycle (Microsoft is aiming for this) will put Windows Phone 9.x in the equation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo