WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Audio issues? I assume you're referring to the phones speakers. Its a phone not a boom box.

Your assumption is incorrect and was highlighted by the *** of an attempt at a wise crack with that last sentence in your comment.

When I speak of audio quality it isn't just through the speakers but also through the headjack for those people who use their phones to listen music. Nokia, ever since they've entered the WP game, their overall audio quality hasn't been great. Dolby for viewing movies on device and listening to music is a joke. You can pull out a HD7 with the same Dobly enhancement and that wipes the floor with almost all the Lumias - both WP7 and WP8. Microsoft started to address this with WP, but Nokia for some reason you still had to have it in the 18-20/30 volume settings to hear it in a ytbing outside of a quiet environment. Looks like with the Icon/930 and 1520 Nokia started to address this, but so far from what I've seen it is only on the video recording side.

Yes, Beats in the 8X and 8S was somewhat of a gimmick, but with Beats off I could leave me 8X at 16/30 volume, and still hear loud and clean sound - because of the built in amp. I'm sure HTC was able to port over their algorithms into the W8 to facilitate quality sound through both the speakers and the audio jack.

For the record, WP over Bluetooth is useless sound wise. EQ settings don't transfer over as well as they do in Android.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Last edited:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay, I haven't read the comments that are past the past three here. What have I missed?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Kem, this is the issue MSFT has. Yes, in the WP world, the W8 (I refuse to call it by the correct name) is the best out there. But MSFT hasn't been as good to the other big OEMs. Lawsuits with Samsung has probably played into them updating their Ativ models whenever they get to it. Who knows when HTC will update the 8X, if they even bother.

Because Nokia was allowed to dominate the landscape, you get all these Nokia drones blaring their trumpets in the same way that iPhone and Galaxy users do and act like "if it's not Lumia, it ain't WP". I only use Lumia because the camera fits my needs. Thank God HTC has released the only 3 WPs with decent music audio...8S, 8X and W8. Until Nokia addresses the audio issues, it isn't the true flag bearer for WP.

I think you are trying to support my point? Not sure...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

It would've been funny if the first comment in the Verge opinion piece about choosing Android or iOS as a religion was about Windows Phone.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hey guys do you think its a good picture to post in the outdoors contest :)? WP_20130913_19_01_55_Pro.jpg or this one WP_20130913_18_57_50_Pro.jpg and yes this was taking with my 810

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Supporting your point and venting frustration at the Lumia sheep out there.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Nokia sheep would be closer to home. Lots of people jumped onto WP simply because of Nokia. They're the same ones who got upset with MS buying Nokia and the layoffs. Not that layoffs are a good thing mind you or the purchase for that matter.

The HTC offering is good. The look is nice but I won't be buying it simply because it will be ancient by the time it gets here.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So the letter we wrote to our upstairs neighbours did the trick. Not only did they reply nicely to or concerns with their own letter they also were quiet. :)

Got the best sleep I've had in some time. Still tired but better rested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss