WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Truth is, Android doesn't lag - at least not from 4.1.2 onwards. What causes lag is non optimized OEM skins and lazily written apps.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
Well I use stock Android 4.4.4 on my N7 and I had browser, gmail, Tapatalk, Hangouts and YouTube open. Even then this thing was dragging in the AM.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rue, if you ever get a chance, check out the Sony Z2. Truth of the matter is that the Z3 is an incremental upgrade. The camera is better tweaked in the Z3, but the lens and sensor are the same. It's a thinner phone. Now, if that's too large for you, the Z3Compact will be the exact same phone, but a smaller version...just like the Z1Compact was to the Z1.

I wish I could shill for Sony, but I won't. What I will say is you'll get nice specs in a very attractive package, and timely enough updates from Sony. What always concerns me with them is that they overprice their ****.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I use stock Android 4.4.4 on my N7 and I had browser, gmail, Tapatalk, Hangouts and YouTube open. Even then this thing was dragging in the AM.

Gotcha. I stand by my comments though. Hopefully the move to ART from Dalvik will help as well. Thanks for reminding me of how much I dislike the loading screens in WP. The only thing that does it is remind me I'm using a MSFT driven product. If you've never seen a loading screen while using a MSFT OS, then you've never used Windows...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Truth is, Android doesn't lag - at least not from 4.1.2 onwards. What causes lag is non optimized OEM skins and lazily written apps.

My brother's Micromax canvas HD with 4.2.1 lags, it has stock Android. I'm using it right now. It stutters when scrolling in the app menu. So much for a quad core processor and 1 GB ram......

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, if you ever get a chance, check out the Sony Z2. Truth of the matter is that the Z3 is an incremental upgrade. The camera is better tweaked in the Z3, but the lens and sensor are the same. It's a thinner phone. Now, if that's too large for you, the Z3Compact will be the exact same phone, but a smaller version...just like the Z1Compact was to the Z1.

I wish I could shill for Sony, but I won't. What I will say is you'll get nice specs in a very attractive package, and timely enough updates from Sony. What always concerns me with them is that they overprice their ****.

I'll take a look but at this stage I'm in no hurry to get something new.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll take a look but at this stage I'm in no hurry to get something new.

In know you aren't in a rush, but since what Sony has done with the Z series of late being incremental upgrades, you'll have a good idea as to what you're getting into by looking at the current devices.

Rumor has it that they want to go for an even slimmer look with the Z3 Compact and the Z3. So if you want a smaller device, use the Z1 Compact as your benchmark and the Z2 if you want the full deal.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Off to a ******** meeting. Very excited about that. We'll see how well I survive.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well this work week has ended crappy.

My pay got screwed up somehow. I'm missing one week of hours. In any case they'll cut me a check next week. So I'll get my money but it's such a pain. :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My brother's Micromax canvas HD with 4.2.1 lags, it has stock Android. I'm using it right now. It stutters when scrolling in the app menu. So much for a quad core processor and 1 GB ram......

Must be super bloated with apps :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well this work week has ended crappy.

My pay got screwed up somehow. I'm missing one week of hours. In any case they'll cut me a check next week. So I'll get my money but it's such a pain. :/

That sucks ...:eek: I wonder how they screw that up ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh come on :p I'm not that bad with typing;) it's just my hands and fingers think thr keys are in one place but they are not . :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05