WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nothing to be sorry about. :p

It's the stupid deals they make with the carriers. We're not far from December. If it comes here before Christmas it would probably be a good seller but that's only 'if' that happens.

I just find that this whole year has been pretty much a wash for me in regards to WP. The only people at fault are those in charge. Yes I know the merging and all that has taken it's toll on development but they should have thought about that before moving things forward. It's not rocket science to do this stuff.

On another note, things can only get better, I guess. We'll see how Windows 9 looks and get the general feeling of things at that point. It will either be a hit or it will tank WP once and for all.

I suggest using Android for a year until the first WP9 devices come out. The W8 will be the last flagship WP this year.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I suggest using Android for a year until the first WP9 devices come out. The W8 will be the last flagship WP this year.

I'm not in a hurry for a new phone until next year. I'll give them the rest of the year to sort things out. I've mentioned this in the past. I have my tablet now so I'm quite happy with the dual OS situation and since I can connect my table to my work's wifi it's a great alternative to my phone at work for doing things. My phone btw doesn't connect to my work's wifi and it would appear they have no plans to allow to either.

So at the moment I am happy. There are no phones out there that I am interested in at this moment in time on any OS. So I am simply waiting.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm not in a hurry for a new phone until next year. I'll give them the rest of the year to sort things out. I've mentioned this in the past. I have my tablet now so I'm quite happy with the dual OS situation and since I can connect my table to my work's wifi it's a great alternative to my phone at work for doing things. My phone btw doesn't connect to my work's wifi and it would appear they have no plans to allow to either.

So at the moment I am happy. There are no phones out there that I am interested in at this moment in time on any OS. So I am simply waiting.

😊

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My annoyance at WP and MS in general is that they haven't focused enough on getting developers on board and keeping them happy.

Then they also have the issue with the constant changes to the OS. Though this is a good thing it shows how far behind it was and that it's in a constant state of flux. It has the ability to turn the developers off and get them to 'wait' to either update apps they already have or not bother until they feel the OS is up to scratch. Like the official Instagram app for example.

All changes cost money, devs have to weigh this things up.

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi. I would like to contribute to this forum by saying the following:

I like Windows Phone.

That is all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

I don't expect that much from WP the rest of the year as the new CEO tries to reorganize the company. MSFT has to put out something compelling either at year's end or next year to really wow consumers or people will think that all they touch turns from gold to fool's gold.

People work hard for their cash and right now based on track record, Android and iOS gives bang for the buck. WP doesn't as much. Hopefully MSFT can address that but we know how quickly they work to make change...

I still like the OS and will get one of the last of the Nokias - the 930. But I'll use Android a bit more these days. Not because it is better - as for my needs, it isn't - but for some of the stuff important to me, Android has caught back up again.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Oh yea, I'm returning this phone tomorrow because apparently there is such a demand for it :(. If someone have any wish to test something say it quickly.
Posted approved by Nokia Lumia 930

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh yea, I'm returning this phone tomorrow because apparently there is such a demand for it :(. If someone have any wish to test something say it quickly.
Posted approved by Nokia Lumia 930

If you could do these...

Throw some mp3s on it and talk about how good the audio has when using headphones.

Mess with the EQ settings to say if that's any good.

Shoot a short video clip and talk about the audio, how good it manages shaking hands.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Guys, someone mentioned about Moliplayer in forums yesterday. Moliplayer is a free version of Moliplayer pro. Moliplayer(free) is only available in China. You can change your region to china and download it. Then revert back. Its welcome screen has a lot of Chinese. Click on the bottom most link and you enter the app. It is the best all around media player. With support for a lot of video and audio formats plus subtitle support. I thought you guys should know.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks.

I don't expect that much from WP the rest of the year as the new CEO tries to reorganize the company. MSFT has to put out something compelling either at year's end or next year to really wow consumers or people will think that all they touch turns from gold to fool's gold.

People work hard for their cash and right now based on track record, Android and iOS gives bang for the buck. WP doesn't as much. Hopefully MSFT can address that but we know how quickly they work to make change...

I still like the OS and will get one of the last of the Nokias - the 930. But I'll use Android a bit more these days. Not because it is better - as for my needs, it isn't - but for some of the stuff important to me, Android has caught back up again.

I think personally WP can be great and I'm guessing if they get threshold/W9 to work properly then it could be fantastic. The main issue is that we don't know how well things will be implemented and how good they'll be cross platform.

When the do the release it better work flawlessly otherwise the tech journalist will eat them alive. If it comes to the ecosystem half baked then it will be a big turn off for anyone wanting to get into the OS. So to me W9/threshold is the turning point for WP and a lot is riding on it.

Saying that, this year so far has been hugely disappointing for WP on the whole and it hasn't got any better yet. We're still missing features on apps, we're still missing major apps and games and MS still releases better apps and more apps to the other OS before their own. They have a major PR problem and image problem to over come. Let's see if they can do it. I have my doubts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Guys, someone mentioned about Moliplayer in forums yesterday. Moliplayer is a free version of Moliplayer pro. Moliplayer(free) is only available in China. You can change your region to china and download it. Then revert back. Its welcome screen has a lot of Chinese. Click on the bottom most link and you enter the app. It is the best all around media player. With support for a lot of video and audio formats plus subtitle support. I thought you guys should know.

Thanks I guess. I'm sure most of us on here are pretty well versed in searching the store and this forum to find this stuff out but thanks for the info. Not that I'm the least interested.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If you could do these...

Throw some mp3s on it and talk about how good the audio has when using headphones.

Mess with the EQ settings to say if that's any good.

Shoot a short video clip and talk about the audio, how good it manages shaking hands.

You know what I would like, EQ with bluetooth...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999