WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think personally WP can be great and I'm guessing if they get threshold/W9 to work properly then it could be fantastic. The main issue is that we don't know how well things will be implemented and how good they'll be cross platform.

When the do the release it better work flawlessly otherwise the tech journalist will eat them alive. If it comes to the ecosystem half baked then it will be a big turn off for anyone wanting to get into the OS. So to me W9/threshold is the turning point for WP and a lot is riding on it.

Saying that, this year so far has been hugely disappointing for WP on the whole and it hasn't got any better yet. We're still missing features on apps, we're still missing major apps and games and MS still releases better apps and more apps to the other OS before their own. They have a major PR problem and image problem to over come. Let's see if they can do it. I have my doubts.

I have my doubt too. I don't think they'll pull it off, honestly. WP OS is 4 years old, having gone through 4 supposedly major updates: 7, 7.5 + 7.8, 8.0, 8.1. Some people may say it is really 3, but the point is still the same...the OS overall is 4 years old. Year 5 as you rightfully said is make or break.

Under the hood is improvements are great but customers don't see the kernel when using their devices...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say, I'm seeing a lot more wearables these days...especially fitness trackers. Still enjoying my SWR 10. I got some extra bands...gonna transition to the green one to wear out, the black to wear at home and the salmon for sleep...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I must say, I'm seeing a lot more wearables these days...especially fitness trackers. Still enjoying my SWR 10. I got some extra bands...gonna transition to the green one to wear out, the black to wear at home and the salmon for sleep...

I haven't got to the wearables thing yet. I know my wife wanted something at one point but WP didn't support it so she kind of gave up on the idea. Maybe once WP does she may look into it again. There's only Fitbit at the moment right?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I would of liked to have one but my 810 doesn't support it and by the time the 830 comes out ill be out of school :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not in a hurry for a new phone until next year. I'll give them the rest of the year to sort things out. I've mentioned this in the past. I have my tablet now so I'm quite happy with the dual OS situation and since I can connect my table to my work's wifi it's a great alternative to my phone at work for doing things. My phone btw doesn't connect to my work's wifi and it would appear they have no plans to allow to either.

So at the moment I am happy. There are no phones out there that I am interested in at this moment in time on any OS. So I am simply waiting.

It is so ironic that at my workplace a WP is easy to connect and use but you need to sign a special form to use an Android device. From a WiFi standpoint both my phone and tablet connect to it without issues.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My annoyance at WP and MS in general is that they haven't focused enough on getting developers on board and keeping them happy.

Then they also have the issue with the constant changes to the OS. Though this is a good thing it shows how far behind it was and that it's in a constant state of flux. It has the ability to turn the developers off and get them to 'wait' to either update apps they already have or not bother until they feel the OS is up to scratch. Like the official Instagram app for example.

All changes cost money, devs have to weigh this things up.

For having only 2.5% of the market share the monetization numbers for WP are pretty impressive.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is so ironic that at my workplace a WP is easy to connect and use but you need to sign a special form to use an Android device. From a WiFi standpoint both my phone and tablet connect to it without issues.

The just brought in a certificate system for devices but WP is still not in the mix. I'm guessing they just don't see the need. iPhones are planned to replace the current BB and I guess Android had an easy solution that worked with our infrastructure where WP didn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo