WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

For having only 2.5% of the market share the monetization numbers for WP are pretty impressive.

There are still many who are trying to bypass the pay for an app situation and block ads. Many people want their apps for free. That's why there's been such a big interest in jailbreaking WP for those who want it. Aside from the thinking it will open the system up for them it will also allow 'black market' apps to run. In most cases bootleg versions of real apps.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What does being out of school have to do with getting a wearable or the L830?

Well if I want something like a fit bit I would use it on the 830 if it was already out . Obviously I wouldn't buy because I wouldn't be able to use it on my 810. Once I'm out of college I wouldn't get it because I wouldn't have a need for it

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I must say, I'm seeing a lot more wearables these days...especially fitness trackers. Still enjoying my SWR 10. I got some extra bands...gonna transition to the green one to wear out, the black to wear at home and the salmon for sleep...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Go and answer the question in the This or That thread:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The just brought in a certificate system for devices but WP is still not in the mix. I'm guessing they just don't see the need. iPhones are planned to replace the current BB and I guess Android had an easy solution that worked with our infrastructure where WP didn't.

iOS rules the roost at my workplace but there are still pretty bad stories I hear about calendar syncing....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well if I want something like a fit bit I would use it on the 830 if it was already out . Obviously I wouldn't buy because I wouldn't be able to use it on my 810. Once I'm out of college I wouldn't get it because I wouldn't have a need for it

What's your need for a wearable now that's different than when you graduate? I'm confused. Do you plan not to exercise or do anything energetic once you're out of school? You're going to turn into a fat slob or something? :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

iOS rules the roost at my workplace but there are still pretty bad stories I hear about calendar syncing....

I'm not sure how things work here 100% as I don't have a work phone and I don't think they've replaced all the BB yet. I haven't heard any complaints but then I don't know anyone with a phone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure how things work here 100% as I don't have a work phone and I don't think they've replaced all the BB yet. I haven't heard any complaints but then I don't know anyone with a phone.

We have all the platforms supported. Mostly its iPhone, followed by Android and a few folks using WP. Also they provide a work line on any carrier. I don't want a new line and a new phone so I did the BYOD thing and based on my research it was the easiest to bring a WP and sync up with work stuff and sandbox it without them knowing anything about my personal email etc and that is how I jumped ship from Android to WP and also started on WPC.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We have all the platforms supported. Mostly its iPhone, followed by Android and a few folks using WP. Also they provide a work line on any carrier. I don't want a new line and a new phone so I did the BYOD thing and based on my research it was the easiest to bring a WP and sync up with work stuff and sandbox it without them knowing anything about my personal email etc and that is how I jumped ship from Android to WP and also started on WPC.

I'm not entirely sure of the infrastructure they have in place here but my guess would be that WP isn't on it simply because there's no demand or it doesn't have a compatible system for it. I think our IT did look into things at one point and found the WP would be too much of a pain so went with iOS.

It's when I hear stories like that it's what makes me wonder what MS was thinking when they brought WP8 out. I know they were trying to get the iPhone crowd but ignoring your biggest current customers was a huge mistake.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got to the wearables thing yet. I know my wife wanted something at one point but WP didn't support it so she kind of gave up on the idea. Maybe once WP does she may look into it again. There's only Fitbit at the moment right?

For WP, yes. But you've got an Android tablet...so you could look into the following...

As you know my wearable is synced to my Z Ultra. I don't carry that around daily and sync the data when I go home. I believe many wearables give you that options where you can work out and pull the data off later. That's certainly one choice.

FitBit Flex and their other stuff from what I've seen get good reviews. I wanted something a bit more casual so I went with the Sony offering. Plus I wasn't going to pay over $100 for it. Now the GF is thinking about wearable tech so I may get her a Gear Fit since she like Samsung (wants to go from her S4 to maybe a Note 5 next year when she's upgrade eligible) for her birthday in a few weeks. She works out daily so it may be nice to give her something else to pair with her S4 or her Nexus 7 (2013).

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I initially wanted to get a Kreyos Smartwatch as a multi purpose, cross platform device for my fitness. But they took so long to launch it I was better off finding a lower cost and more flexible option...hence the SWR 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99