WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What do these training points do o.o can you buy stuff with them ?

No I should clarify, I meant training hours. I need to do 24hrs of training a year. It's part of my performance evaluation. Expect things like this when you start working, especially if it's for a large company and if you ever want a raise.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

No I should clarify, I meant training hours. I need to do 24hrs of training a year. It's part of my performance evaluation. Expect things like this when you start working, especially if it's for a large company and if you ever want a raise.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Though it would hurt if those training points go for stuff that you can buy at the company store :p .......
A through by sahib

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ohhhhhhhhh. Though it would hurt if those training points go for stuff that you can buy at the company store :p .......
A through by sahib

The perks at my company are ok but not that good. :p I can actually get a 'loan' for a new computer or tablet if I want. It's a no interest loan.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Requirements for training are much higher and more stringent in the industry I work in.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. But even our personal growth programs are fairly involved and extensive.

The company has it's own 'university' online but from a career development stand point it's been a bit behind. That's changed now as they just brought in a new system. Saying that, I'm not overly keen to keep to just the company learning system but they don't seem to offer much for taking courses outside the company.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes, taking the train through an area you don't normally do, helps to remind you of how different and similar things can be. Sometimes I forget how large of a city Newark is...simply because I mostly commute through it as a transfer point...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's a couple of more pics from the weekend. It's almost the end of the day here and I'm feeling a bit rough. There's few people sick around me. Hope I'm not catching anything. :/

London Eye
AdobePhotoshopExpress_10627538ea3745cd99a169bc753519bb.jpg

This is the Tower of London. There is an art installation for the anniversary of WWI. The red things are ceramic poppies and each one represents a fatality of that war (888,246). The name of the installation is taken from a line from a poem by anonymous solider. The Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red.
WP_20140823_15_37_21_Pro.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cannot believe I've been posting on this thread for a whole year...

Last year when I made this trip and was posting, I owned a 810 but was in the process of getting a 8X. I also was more of a nervous worry wart, wondering what lay before me embarking on this MSW. A year later, my devices have changed and I feel more comfortable in the choice to return to school. Still, it is my first year or field instruction (AKA working for free or internship), so some nerves still exist.

I know I have to make this trip one last time, same time next year. I do wonder what the future holds, but am more comfortable in being an active force to shape it.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire