WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Cannot believe I've been posting on this thread for a whole year...

Last year when I made this trip and was posting, I owned a 810 but was in the process of getting a 8X. I also was more of a nervous worry wart, wondering what lay before me embarking on this MSW. A year later, my devices have changed and I feel more comfortable in the choice to return to school. Still, it is my first year or field instruction (AKA working for free or internship), so some nerves still exist.

I know I have to make this trip one last time, same time next year. I do wonder what the future holds, but am more comfortable in being an active force to shape it.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
I find it amazing what can happen in a short period of time myself. One year in my life comes to mind, actually wasn't a full year even.

I try to see the future as a possibility but not definitive. I'm trying more to live in the now and sort out things to help with the future.

Having a plan and a goal are always a good idea. :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The company has it's own 'university' online but from a career development stand point it's been a bit behind. That's changed now as they just brought in a new system. Saying that, I'm not overly keen to keep to just the company learning system but they don't seem to offer much for taking courses outside the company.

Ours does, so I do plan on taking a Solidworks class hopefully in Spring of 2015...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Cannot believe I've been posting on this thread for a whole year...

Last year when I made this trip and was posting, I owned a 810 but was in the process of getting a 8X. I also was more of a nervous worry wart, wondering what lay before me embarking on this MSW. A year later, my devices have changed and I feel more comfortable in the choice to return to school. Still, it is my first year or field instruction (AKA working for free or internship), so some nerves still exist.

I know I have to make this trip one last time, same time next year. I do wonder what the future holds, but am more comfortable in being an active force to shape it.

Nice....my 1 year is in a couple of months but I only started being active in early December if I recall correctly so technically it is a few months away:) And yes I have cycled through quite a few devices since the Lumia 521 I snagged on Amazon for $75 -what a steal in 2013!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I find it amazing what can happen in a short period of time myself. One year in my life comes to mind, actually wasn't a full year even.

I try to see the future as a possibility but not definitive. I'm trying more to live in the now and sort out things to help with the future.

Having a plan and a goal are always a good idea. :)

Funny enough, I take a similar approach. Nothing is set is stone. Goals are broad ideas to pursue, tasks and objective more specific stuff. Sometimes one takes shortcuts through dark patches to get to places, but it is how well you can sleep at night with what's on your conscience that matters too.

Life overall is interesting. I'm trying to enjoy the journey more as I get older.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Moving in weekend for college is always fascinating. Especially for the freshmen...all these baby faced looking youngsters. Some will make it unscathed, some will struggle, a few will drop out. Exciting times for youth indeed.

Meanwhile, the vets like me are focused on finishing up to get on with the more pressing tasks at hand.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Funny enough, I take a similar approach. Nothing is set is stone. Goals are broad ideas to pursue, tasks and objective more specific stuff. Sometimes one takes shortcuts through dark patches to get to places, but it is how well you can sleep at night with what's on your conscience that matters too.

Life overall is interesting. I'm trying to enjoy the journey more as I get older.

Here is what came to mind when I saw your quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgquHRZAq8

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm on the college bus...lots of baby faces, lots of iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S series. There is one guy with a budget HTC...but he's of Asian decent.

Oh well, dare to be you and be different, I always say...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

So I'm on the college bus...lots of baby faces, lots of iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S series. There is one guy with a budget HTC...but he's of Asian decent.

Better watch it, if you say "Think Different" Apple might sue you....careful !!!

Wow, this thread looks like it will hit 100K.... Not like the other site I was on PPCgeeks.com where they had one of these threads with 1 million posts was its' goal, it moved up good when the big days of Windows Mobile and roms but, site died pretty much after that and this thread has a lot more posts...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I'm in a pretty big meeting with a lot of big honchos at work, a gazillion iPhones, one HTC M7. two Blackberrys (gasp) and of course yours truly with the only WP Lumia 925 - sad isn't it, I was even outgunned by BB at this meeting :-(

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm in a pretty big meeting with a lot of big honchos at work, a gazillion iPhones, one HTC M7. two Blackberrys (gasp) and of course yours truly with the only WP Lumia 925 - sad isn't it, I was even outgunned by BB at this meeting :-(

welll ...... be the rebel >:p wp powers activate ......form of a car >:)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Better watch it, if you say "Think Different" Apple might sue you....careful !!!

Wow, this thread looks like it will hit 100K.... Not like the other site I was on PPCgeeks.com where they had one of these threads with 1 million posts was its' goal, it moved up good when the big days of Windows Mobile and roms but, site died pretty much after that and this thread has a lot more posts...

i like to think that we like to talk .....alot ;P

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Parking assist is being fitted in our Clio so we received a replacement car for this time. And it's was dirty as hell. So since I had time I decided to clean it a bit. Looks like it wasn't cleaned for over a year.
Btw there is a cloth in the bucket :D
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140828_004.jpg
    WP_20140828_004.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • WP_20140828_007.jpg
    WP_20140828_007.jpg
    714.1 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_20140828_008.jpg
    WP_20140828_008.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well i try not to think of the past but the question seems to come up o.o
here is something my teacher asked us " Give a brief writing sample. (three-paragraph minimum) Describe any game you’ve played, any character in a book you’ve read, or any event that happened in the last two-years that had an impact on you as an individual"
im not going to say anything but it something that comes up :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Parking assist is being fitted in our Clio so we received a replacement car for this time. And it's was dirty as hell. So since I had time I decided to clean it a bit. Looks like it wasn't cleaned for over a year.
Btw there is a cloth in the bucket :D
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

ooooooo that car :3 it looks compact !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos