WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Good, tho sum things up we have no idea whatsoever what camera it will be in it, or processor, or amount of RAM, or anything else in fact :).

But I do agree with rue, I don't like this circle either but I don't care about design. If I would I wouldn't own 4 Nokias so far ;).

I'm actually a bit bored with the Nokia design. I'm also a bit bored with WP too. I guess it happens.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Um, yeah... haven't you taken any project management classes at all in your IT course?

As for this project, I think it's a bit different than making baskets.

No I have not :/ none of my GE or core classes required it so I never took or bothered asking about it

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'll tell you that secret as soon as you explain why years seem to go faster as we get older. :p

It's already September! :/

Shoot it really is September. Wow I can't believe its been a year since I joined the challenge thread. I don't think it will be like how it was last year >.<. Here's to a better semester !😈

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No I have not :/ none of my GE or core classes required it so I never took or bothered asking about it

That's rather surprising. When I did my IT course project management was a big thing as most IT projects were pretty pathetically run, they still are in fact.

If I'd known I would have suggested to you to take a class. Well, I guess there's some learning for you once you graduate. :p

Not that I needed the class myself, when I took my IT course I knew quite a bit about project planning.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm actually a bit bored with the Nokia design. I'm also a bit bored with WP too. I guess it happens.

Whenever it comes to design, only 3 companies get a pass from me: Nokia, HTC and Apple (since the iPhone 4 onwards...the 3G and 3GS design wise were horrid; loved the OG iPhone). Oh, Sony gets an honorable mention with the Z series. Honestly, there is but so much one can do with the candy bar shape. Back in the days the slider was an option but is by and large dead now. Would I like to see newer designs from Nokia and Apple? Yes. Just wait until Apple weans people of that damn home button (I think that's going to be the next big design update for them - Jobs always wanted that).

Still, for right now, I'm more curious to see yow MSFT updates the OS. New hardware is nice, but lipstick on a pig still makes it a pig.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Whenever it comes to design, only 3 companies get a pass from me: Nokia, HTC and Apple (since the iPhone 4 onwards...the 3G and 3GS design wise were horrid; loved the OG iPhone). Oh, Sony gets an honorable mention with the Z series. Honestly, there is but so much one can do with the candy bar shape. Back in the days the slider was an option but is by and large dead now. Would I like to see newer designs from Nokia and Apple? Yes. Just wait until Apple weans people of that damn home button (I think that's going to be the next big design update for them - Jobs always wanted that).

Still, for right now, I'm more curious to see yow MSFT updates the OS. New hardware is nice, but lipstick on a pig still makes it a pig.

I understand that there's not much you can do with a rectangle or rounded rectangle. The rest of the body however is what makes the interface with the OS more appealing. I just feel, even with my L920 that the feel just isn't there. The new phones don't look as nice as the L920 to me and some I've held felt horrible.

I'm not even sure the iPhone really achieves this.

I used to own the N8 and even though I liked it I always hated that bump on the end.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...I'm watching a 930 review online and I burst out laughing in my office. In one of the comments below someone posts: "you seem to have a fetish for phones as I do...I've had 10 phones in 2.5 years."

Compared to me: this cat is a lightweight!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I understand that there's not much you can do with a rectangle or rounded rectangle. The rest of the body however is what makes the interface with the OS more appealing. I just feel, even with my L920 that the feel just isn't there. The new phones don't look as nice as the L920 to me and some I've held felt horrible.

I'm not even sure the iPhone really achieves this.

I used to own the N8 and even though I liked it I always hated that bump on the end.

I completely agree. As much as I dislike saying this, OLED screens are best for WP with a good body design to reach those elements you're talking about.

The two best Lumias design wise are the 800 and the 925. The 800 started the common Lumia look and of that group the 720 and the 920 are the best so far. I always liked the feel of the 920. Now, in my tastes, the 8X and 925 are the best of the older devices in terms of feel and finish. I've liked how they're refined the 930, but until they get something back to the 925 level, they're going to miss out on a chunk of people who like the light but premium design.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I completely agree. As much as I dislike saying this, OLED screens are best for WP with a good body design to reach those elements you're talking about.

The two best Lumias design wise are the 800 and the 925. The 800 started the common Lumia look and of that group the 720 and the 920 are the best so far. I always liked the feel of the 920. Now, in my tastes, the 8X and 925 are the best of the older devices in terms of feel and finish. I've liked how they're refined the 930, but until they get something back to the 925 level, they're going to miss out on a chunk of people who like the light but premium design.

My biggest issue with WP at the moment is the weight of the things. Not entirely sure what the issues are. Every other OEM is doing thin, lightweight and long lasting battery. I'm at a loss as to why WP suffers so badly with these clunky looking shapes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My biggest issue with WP at the moment is the weight of the things. Not entirely sure what the issues are. Every other OEM is doing thin, lightweight and long lasting battery. I'm at a loss as to why WP suffers so badly with these clunky looking shapes.

This is why Daniel Rubino wrote the article about an updated version to the 925. I think what MSFT may do is start to trend back to that with the 830. I don't mind that having a 10MP lens. I'm curious to see how it feels weight wise. The HTC W8 feels lighter than it looks, and the Ativ SE is pretty light (typical Samsung), but there aren't many international models to challenge Nokia in the WP game right now.

At this point, I'd rather them wait and drop a 810 processor in a 1020 successor and make that slim. People would buy that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll be very happy when they add song and artist recognition to the Music software...

I'll be happy when they improve the Audio too. I'm still getting the 930 though...unless they announce something better.

On the Android side...the Z3 Compact looks appealing to me, if those specs are right...but I'm also curious as to the Moto X+1.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is why Daniel Rubino wrote the article about an updated version to the 925. I think what MSFT may do is start to trend back to that with the 830. I don't mind that having a 10MP lens. I'm curious to see how it feels weight wise. The HTC W8 feels lighter than it looks, and the Ativ SE is pretty light (typical Samsung), but there aren't many international models to challenge Nokia in the WP game right now.

At this point, I'd rather them wait and drop a 810 processor in a 1020 successor and make that slim. People would buy that.

A 925 successor would be good. I have an opinion about all these silly numbers and so on too. I think they got to drop them and get some names going. I think that's part of the appeal language they're lacking. Not that other OEMs are doing much better...

I'll wait and see. Like I said. I'm in no rush at this stage. If a successor to the 1020 came out that had the specs and design I'd buy it. However, I'm not holding my breath. There's not much you can do with that camera to make it look better unfortunately. Detachable lenses, however, would be amazing.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well that was a very good read if I may so. I wonder if you both were giving a chance to do an editorial it would be an awesome read
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't mind for a 925 refresh. If the 810 never came out i would of gotten the 925 just because it looks sleek like the 8x

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's funny to see people have that wtf look when I take out my yellow purity pros :3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks like I got new digits ! Hehe alright I'm doing better than last semester :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb