WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A 925 successor would be good. I have an opinion about all these silly numbers and so on too. I think they got to drop them and get some names going. I think that's part of the appeal language they're lacking. Not that other OEMs are doing much better...

I'll wait and see. Like I said. I'm in no rush at this stage. If a successor to the 1020 came out that had the specs and design I'd buy it. However, I'm not holding my breath. There's not much you can do with that camera to make it look better unfortunately. Detachable lenses, however, would be amazing.

Detachable lens would be very interesting. At this point, I can view my choices in different ways. If I were to buy 2 devices now, assuming I had nothing, I'd get the Z3 Compact (or X+1 if they keep it small) on the Android side and the Lumia 930.

As it stands, I like my N5 enough to keep it, along with the Z Ultra as a tablet. Fortunately for you, you're in a spot to really wait and see what comes out. There isn't going to be one good all around device...it just a matter of compromise and deciding what you're willing to live with.

I choose to rock two because for a road trip, give me the better camera and navigation in WP. For other things, give me the freedom of choice with Android...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well that was a very good read if I may so. I wonder if you both were giving a chance to do an editorial it would be an awesome read
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

Individually, it would be interesting. Together, I'd have to work hard to carry Rue's jock strap around...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

This is why Daniel Rubino wrote the article about an updated version to the 925. I think what MSFT may do is start to trend back to that with the 830. I don't mind that having a 10MP lens. I'm curious to see how it feels weight wise. The HTC W8 feels lighter than it looks, and the Ativ SE is pretty light (typical Samsung), but there aren't many international models to challenge Nokia in the WP game right now.

At this point, I'd rather them wait and drop a 810 processor in a 1020 successor and make that slim. People would buy that.

The weight is one of the biggest problems for WP. Lumia 930 is made amazingly well, BUT it fells unbelievably heavy. I expected it to fell lighter than 820 but it fells heaver. And it's thicker so it's not that comfortable to hold in one hand. S5 is easier to use one hended, hell even 5,5" LG G3 fells safer in the hand than L930.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The weight is one of the biggest problems for WP. Lumia 930 is made amazingly well, BUT it fells unbelievably heavy. I expected it to fell lighter than 820 but it fells heaver. And it's thicker so it's not that comfortable to hold in one hand. S5 is easier to use one hended, hell even 5,5" LG G3 fells safer in the hand than L930.

I have different feelings about weight. For me, while I can appreciate a lighter, well made device...I like when my phone have good weight to them. My guess is that the 930 is lighter than the 920, so that'd be an improvement for some folks. I'd rather slimmer Qi coils to help keep the weight down, but I'm no engineer.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have different feelings about weight. For me, while I can appreciate a lighter, well made device...I like when my phone have good weight to them. My guess is that the 930 is lighter than the 920, so that'd be an improvement for some folks. I'd rather slimmer Qi coils to help keep the weight down, but I'm no engineer.

I like it too, if the device isn't too light but thick and heavy phone is quite a problem to handle. The shape makes a lot of difference too. HTC M8 fits much better in the hand and it's what , about 6g lighter.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope the 730 and the 830 have the good things from their past phones . If so they may have a chance to do well this year
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

i wonder if this is necessary :p but ill take it :D
3731589926.png

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

They have to step up their game with hardware in their next flagship.

Yeah, I really like the HTC One W8, but have a hard time getting past it's camera... And the jury is still out on weather I like the on screen back, start, search buttons.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

you could get the 830 :D?

I have a 1520, but the longer I use it, the more i want a smaller screen... Unfortunately there isn't anything on ATT that is comparable, spec wise, with his a smaller screen... On a side note, I need to call tech support because a corner of my 1520 is coming "unglued"... Or at least that's how the guy at the ATT service center described it... BTW why is it that a "service" center for phones doesn't fix hardware???

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have a 1520, but the longer I use it, the more i want a smaller screen... Unfortunately there isn't anything on ATT that is comparable, spec wise, with his a smaller screen... On a side note, I need to call tech support because a corner of my 1520 is coming "unglued"... Or at least that's how the guy at the ATT service center described it... BTW why is it that a "service" center for phones doesn't fix hardware???

o.o you know i came to relies phone companies are difficult . i guess you want like a 930 but more slim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo