WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've been using IPS for two years I don't have an issue either way.

:/ i guess when i switch back and fourth from my ipod5th gen to my 810 i notice a difference. sure the whites are white on IPS but i like OLED just because it looks great.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it might be because I'm older and don't remember if I ever held this thinking or not but I must say I'm a bit surprised you didn't know this.

When it comes to get getting a job how the interviewer perceives you in the first 30 second is the deciding time of you getting a job.

When you talk to someone the whole time you are being analysed by that person and you are doing the same. You are both constantly looking for emotional clues while you talk.

So taking that you come back to what MIA said and you see right away we all make judgements about people when viewing them.

Prejudice and stereotyping come into play along with past experiences.
Most of us don't realise how much information we take in about a person in a very short period of time.

I learned that when I was 16 and submitted my very first job application.

I went to a Woolworth's store (those were "five and dime" stores in the US; no relation to the UK stores). The chain has long since gone out of business.

I figured I'd just fill out an application and the manager would call be back if interested. I showed up wearing old Levi's and a t-shirt from some rock band. Wouldn't you know it, the manager decided to interview me on the spot. It didn't matter that I was a honor's student with straight A's. My clothes ruined the experience.

I learned from that mistake and always looked professional whenever I filled out job applications. I ended up getting hired to work at the local public library, where I stayed until I graduated university.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I learned that when I was 16 and submitted my very first job application.

I went to a Woolworth's store (those were "five and dime" stores in the US; no relation to the UK stores). The chain has long since gone out of business.

I figured I'd just fill out an application and the manager would call be back if interested. I showed up wearing old Levi's and a t-shirt from some rock band. Wouldn't you know it, the manager decided to interview me on the spot. It didn't matter that I was a honor's student with straight A's. My clothes ruined the experience.

I learned from that mistake and always looked professional whenever I filled out job applications. I ended up getting hired to work at the local public library, where I stayed until I graduated university.

I worked for Woolworths as a teen in Canada. My first part-time job actually. Helped that my mother worked there too. :p

I'm not sure what relation if any they had to the US stores or the UK. It was the Wolco/Woolworths brand. It's been some years now.

There a Woolworths in Australia as well. Not sure if there is a convection or not to the UK but it's a grocery store there.

I think most young people stumble at interviews though the education has got better, I think.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I worked for Woolworths as a teen in Canada. My first part-time job actually. Helped that my mother worked there too. :p

I'm not sure what relation if any they had to the US stores or the UK. It was the Wolco/Woolworths brand. It's been some years now.

There a Woolworths in Australia as well. Not sure if there is a convection or not to the UK but it's a grocery store there.

I think most young people stumble at interviews though the education has got better, I think.
The funny thing is that every business I applied at back in 1985 that did not hire me went out of business shortly thereafter. Beside Woolworth's, I applied at: an ice cream company whose name I forgot, Gold Circle (a discount department store chain), Fazio's (a local grocery store) and Uncle Bill's (a local discount department store). All of those stores closed before I turned 18.

The library is still open.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The funny thing is that every business I applied at back in 1985 that did not hire me went out of business shortly thereafter. Beside Woolworth's, I applied at: an ice cream company whose name I forgot, Gold Circle (a discount department store chain), Fazio's (a local grocery store) and Uncle Bill's (a local discount department store). All of those stores closed before I turned 18.

The library is still open.
Public sector is a lot more stable than private sector :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Public sector is a lot more stable than private sector :)

The closure of all those retail stores/chains at that time cannot be blamed on big box chains. This was back in 1985-1987. We did not have Walmart or Target in the area until the 2000s.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib, if you haven't done so yet, and your major allows you to, I'd strongly suggest taking a social psychology/gender studies/group dynamics course. You'll see a lot of the things that Rue and I have been talking about. It is good starting points for learning.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I see people are bummed out about the 830 leaks. My gut says it will have the IPS screen and the 10MP camera with the S400 processor. Even with those specs it is an upgrade from the 820 because it will be quad core. People yammer that the 820 and 920 shared the same specs...but the former was pitched at the time as the cheaper version of the latter.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sahib, if you haven't done so yet, and your major allows you to, I'd strongly suggest taking a social psychology/gender studies/group dynamics course. You'll see a lot of the things that Rue and I have been talking about. It is good starting points for learning.

o_O ill have to look into it when I get off from school ( Friday ) to see if they do have such a class

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I see people are bummed out about the 830 leaks. My gut says it will have the IPS screen and the 10MP camera with the S400 processor. Even with those specs it is an upgrade from the 820 because it will be quad core. People yammer that the 820 and 920 shared the same specs...but the former was pitched at the time as the cheaper version of the latter.

I don't care for specs on this phone because like you said it's an upgrade over the 810/820/822. Just hope it's amoled :3 ! That's all I'm hopping for

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

And 30% for me. Processor ruined everything.

It's a SD 400 ._. I honestly don't see the fuss about it. You have to remember that specs don't really matter in wp . They only matter in gaming. For daily tasks the SD 400 is prefect.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's a SD 400 ._. I honestly don't see the fuss about it. You have to remember that specs don't really matter in wp . They only matter in gaming. For daily tasks the SD 400 is prefect.

One day I'll stop hearing this nonsense and I'll celebrate. Until then I'll put it this way.

Yes, WP works well on low-end hardware but that doesn't mean it won't work better on high end hardware. Just because it 'gets the job done' on low-end doesn't mean that's the best option or should be the only option.

Let's say it now, 'specs do matter' and I'm getting tired of hearing otherwise. WP is better and smoother on high end hardware. To suggest otherwise is not to recognise reality.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Exactly, it makes differences in games, which I play.
And this "WP doesn't need good specs" **** is just wrong. As said many times before, Lumia 930 worked much better, loading screens were reduced or even completely gone, there was also generally faster in every other aspect. And at the end, this proc is the same as in Lumia 635. Seriously Nokia? Same proc in 400? phone as in 150? one? Meh, Microsoft better have lot of OEMs preparing phones to pull them out of the ****.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

One day I'll stop hearing this nonsense and I'll celebrate. Until then I'll put it this way.

Yes, WP works well on low-end hardware but that doesn't mean it won't work better on high end hardware. Just because it 'gets the job done' on low-end doesn't mean that's the best option or should be the only option.

Let's say it now, 'specs do matter' and I'm getting tired of hearing otherwise. WP is better and smoother on high end hardware. To suggest otherwise is not to recognise reality.

If that was true then my 810 wouldn't be running great . It should be running horrible but it's not and running a 3 year old SOC. It gets the job done and it does well.

They could of put a SD 800 in this phone but that would eat into the 930 sales . I know you know msft knows it. To put a SD 800 in this phone means death to the high end in wp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb