WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Exactly, it makes differences in games, which I play.
And this "WP doesn't need good specs" **** is just wrong. As said many times before, Lumia 930 worked much better, loading screens were reduced or even completely gone, there was also generally faster in every other aspect. And at the end, this proc is the same as in Lumia 635. Seriously Nokia? Same proc in 400? phone as in 150? one? Meh, Microsoft better have lot of OEMs preparing phones to pull them out of the ****.

The processor is the same ( maybe higher clock speed ) but we don't know how much ram it will have or internals for that matter . I think the SD 400 fits nicely with this phone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If that was true then my 810 wouldn't be running great . It should be running horrible but it's not and running a 3 year old SOC. It gets the job done and it does well.

They could of put a SD 800 in this phone but that would eat into the 930 sales . I know you know msft knows it. To put a SD 800 in this phone means death to the high end in wp.

There is no high end WP out. So that argument is meaningless.

I didn't say WP ran crap on low end hardware. You didn't read what I wrote, no surprise as usual.

I said, to suggest that WP doesn't run better on high end hardware is not reality. What I'm saying is that bringing out better hardware should be the goal but since they decided to put out a 9 month old phone as the 'flagship' it's made a mess out of all the other secondary phones. It was a dumb mistake on their part. We should be seeing higher specs because that's where the market is. Regardless of how you feel about it or your perception. And, regardless of how good/bad WP8 or WP8.1 runs now, we can't say the same about WP9 or further along. WP is better, smoother and more appealing on high end hardware.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's only 1,2 GHz. Sure it does fit nicely if you want to compete with. HTC ONE MINI 2 or S5 mini but try to compete with Xperia Z3 compact. We will see what Z3 mini brings, it should be reveled in an hour or so.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There is no high end WP out. So that argument is meaningless.

I didn't say WP ran crap on low end hardware. You didn't read what I wrote, no surprise as usual.

I said, to suggest that WP doesn't run better on high end hardware is not reality. What I'm saying is that bringing out better hardware should be the goal but since they decided to put out a 9 month old phone as the 'flagship' it's made a mess out of all the other secondary phones. It was a dumb mistake on their part. We should be seeing higher specs because that's where the market is. Regardless of how you feel about it or your perception. And, regardless of how good/bad WP8 or WP8.1 runs now, we can't say the same about WP9 or further along. WP is better, smoother and more appealing on high end hardware.
I agree that MSFT/NOK have made a mess of specs for their lineup. They are in the same boat as Moto were about 18 months ago until they figured out the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E lineup. I think MSFT needs to do something similar and perhaps pare down the 5xx and 6xx into one phone, 7xx and 8xx into another and then the top end along with niche devices like the 1020 and the phablets.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree that MSFT/NOK have made a mess of specs for their lineup. They are in the same boat as Moto were about 18 months ago until they figured out the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E lineup. I think MSFT needs to do something similar and perhaps pare down the 5xx and 6xx into one phone, 7xx and 8xx into another and then the top end along with niche devices like the 1020 and the phablets.

I agree completely. I think I mentioned similar on here some time ago about the need to shrink the lineup down.

I also believe, like I stated previously they need a proper naming system. The numbers have to go. It's too confusing and it's not very appealing for the consumer. Best thing for them to do is to come out with some names for devices, like Icon or whatever. A name is more memorable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

o_O ill have to look into it when I get off from school ( Friday ) to see if they do have such a class

Most colleges have any or all of those courses. Just an intro level one would suffice for you.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had some great and intelligent comment to make, but I decided not too.

I like what I see in the Note 4. I'm curious to see if the Z3 Compact will deliver on the rumors. I'm waiting to see what Moto X+1 looks like. I say that because I'm not yet feeling the 730 and 830. I know they aren't for me, but I'm more interested if MSFT can announce wearable tech this go 'round.

As much as Rue (and I agree to some extent) laments on this, the 1520 and 930 are the current high end models. I'd love to see MSFT jump to the 805 processor, but I doubt it because GDR2 isn't out yet to support it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I had some great and intelligent comment to make, but I decided not too.

I like what I see in the Note 4. I'm curious to see if the Z3 Compact will deliver on the rumors. I'm waiting to see what Moto X+1 looks like. I say that because I'm not yet feeling the 730 and 830. I know they aren't for me, but I'm more interested if MSFT can announce wearable tech this go 'round.

As much as Rue (and I agree to some extent) laments on this, the 1520 and 930 are the current high end models. I'd love to see MSFT jump to the 805 processor, but I doubt it because GDR2 isn't out yet to support it.

For MSFTisMIA
The Xperia Z3 Compact is Sony's true new flagship phone | The Verge

I think I might definitely get this one, this is finally the right form factor for me. And it has the quirks I like in WP from a buttons standpoint at least.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wait I have an idea! How about buying hardware that you can load any OS on it t you want. Dual boot. Be part of one or three ecosystems if you want... No, that would never work.... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers