WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh should ask . Mia how much of a difference can you tell between amoled and IPS. Is there one you prefer over the other . I ask because you use a 925 and the Zultra .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The white looks good. Guess Nokia feels it's easier to tie certain colors to certain models to keep you things distinct and easily identifiable.

To me it take a certain youthful exuberance and a dash of "I don't give a ****" to rock a lime green or a burnt orange phone. To me, I think the green will sell more than the orange, so I'm getting the orange to be super exclusive and "I don't give a ****", just like the Purple Z Ultra.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Since they're removable colours no reason not to have different colours available but I somehow doubt that will happen.

Was there mention of carrier exclusives or did they escape that this time?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...it is only Moto left. Let's see what they announce. So far my favorites are the Note 4, Z3 Compact and Sony's Android wear. I'd buy that Sony watch but...overpriced. So I'll stick with my SWR10.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

He'll cry "I'm a broke college student (he may cry tears of blood if he goes to the graduate level)", so he wants very good but affordable.

I still cry tears of blood when I get to much stuff on my plate when I'm at school

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
But the IPS x.x. I guess I'll miss the deep blacks and awesome battery savings on some apps that support the black theme>.<

IPS gives more natural colors. As much as I like OLED for WP, I keep my 925 on the cooler side with the display setting, as that gives me the most realistic looking colors. that Samsung over saturated style doesn't work for me anymore. I've enjoyed the last 4 IPS panels I've used: 920, 8X, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. 5 including the Z Ultra.

Point: you'll be fine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still cry tears of blood when I get to much stuff on my plate when I'm at school

Rue and I nay buy you a root beer each when you get to the real world and are crying at life. Until then...enjoy college.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So sahib got his 99% phone and I'm mad as hell. This thing is getting stupid. Camera is Ok but really, you couldn't fit at least13 MP camera in there? 220 mAh battery? That's the most you can do? WTF? I will not be looking for power outlets wherever I go, I'm sick of it. And there it is power. Processor from a low end phone in something they call a budget flagship. Hahahahaha, that's stupid MS. I mean CPU might not be so bad but GPU? GPU it's the same as it was in Lumia 520. Is taht some kind of joke or something? And as if this wasn't enough we also have higher res screen, which is GPU hogger, so it will be even worse playing games. And 1 GB RAM is 2011 thing, not 2014.

Nokia Lumia 830....... NOT INTERESTED

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So sahib got his 99% phone and I'm mad as hell. This thing is getting stupid. Camera is Ok but really, you couldn't fit at least13 MP camera in there? 220 mAh battery? That's the most you can do? WTF? I will not be looking for power outlets wherever I go, I'm sick of it. And there it is power. Processor from a low end phone in something they call a budget flagship. Hahahahaha, that's stupid MS. I mean CPU might not be so bad but GPU? GPU it's the same as it was in Lumia 520. Is taht some kind of joke or something? And as if this wasn't enough we also have higher res screen, which is GPU hogger, so it will be even worse playing games. And 1 GB RAM is 2011 thing, not 2014.

OK. This is the part where I stick my neck out and say that at this point MSFT hasn't made their own phones yet and what we are seeing is Nokia rolling out the updates to their established line.

Within that context, all the phones announced have updated all the lines - except for the 1020 and 1520. So Nokia has done a good job in fulfilling its upgrade cycle. For a seasoned vet like you, I'd say get a 930, or wait until next year. There isn't anything groundbreaking out, as as we can see from Lumia Denim, the older devices are going to get speed improvements and the newer devices get the camera tweaks. The Lumia updates apparently will always be about tweaking the camera, as long as your hardware supports it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well in a way is an upgrade to my 810 and for me that's matters . Maybe the hands on could change your mind

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

IPS gives more natural colors. As much as I like OLED for WP, I keep my 925 on the cooler side with the display setting, as that gives me the most realistic looking colors. that Samsung over saturated style doesn't work for me anymore. I've enjoyed the last 4 IPS panels I've used: 920, 8X, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. 5 including the Z Ultra.

Point: you'll be fine.

Do you miss the deep blacks ?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If priced aggressively, both the 730 and 830 can sell well. I can see them pricing the 830 in the US as $50 on contract, and it would be a steal during black Friday if it was done as $0 on contract. If T-Mobile can price it correctly, they'll get one.

There was no way they would put a S800 processor and a 20MP camera into the 830.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Do you miss the deep blacks ?

Yes and no. Deep blacks are nice, but because my eyesight is so good, I appreciate the balance colors in the IPS screens. I still plan to get a 930...didn't need glance, so no loss there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib, here's new music for you:

Enigma - Silent Warrior

It's not in Jamaican so you should understand it easier. As always, look up the lyrics...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well in a way is an upgrade to my 810 and for me that's matters . Maybe the hands on could change your mind

You don't expect them to downgrade the 2 year old phone do you? I'm not saying it's not upgrade to 820 BUT it's questionable if it's worthy upgrade.
I might go with 820 again. Just this time it won't be written Nokia Lumia before it but rather HTC Desire ;). That's what I call solid midrange phone.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes and no. Deep blacks are nice, but because my eyesight is so good, I appreciate the balance colors in the IPS screens. I still plan to get a 930...didn't need glance, so no loss there.

I see that's all I needed to know. I'm trying to convince myself that I won't miss amoled. But I hope it comes with clear black, super sensitive touch and high brightness in direct sunlight just like my 810

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I see that's all I needed to know. I'm trying to convince myself that I won't miss amoled. But I hope it comes with clear black, super sensitive touch and high brightness in direct sunlight just like my 810

It comes with CLear Black and sunlight readability is by deafult better on LCD screens because higher brightnes.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The WPCentral hands on video. Hands-on time with the affordable flagship Lumia 830 and its enhanced PureView tech | Windows Phone Central
Looks like my moaning was justified. You can see loading screen 2 times during the video, once when opening extras+info and once when opening camera. Not something I saw on Lumia 930 and if they are going with flagship like experience we also expect flagship like speed.

That's truly sad but it might be because they're not production models and some tweaks are needed. Still.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's also a list of features missing for both phones. Neither have that new Cortana passive voice. Better CPU is required, which is interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)