WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have decided that on Android I need to go stock or as close to stock as possible therefore only Nexus or Moto are viable options. I also liked my OnePlus One that I had and am trying to pick up another one soon. But what I like about WP/NOK is the camera. Most cameras on Android phones are just plain terrible and even the lowest end Lumia takes better pictures IMO. So I use WP for phone and Android for tablet, the combo works well for me. I cycle through phones very quickly but always have my daily driver as a WP since last October. Right now I am using a Lumia 925 and my 810 is the backup device. When I get the Lumia 830, I will put my 810 up for sale.

Nice setup. At this point, my situation is clear.

I'd like a Sony Z3 Compact or Moto X+1 to go with my Z Ultra on the Android side, and go with a Lumia 930 to compliment my T100 and updated desktop. Like you, I like Nokia for the cameras, but at least with the Z3 Compact, I don't feel bad using the Sony camera in a pinch. I'm curious to see what Moto brings - I like stock Android or light skins (Sony). The Android is the daily driver and the 930 I'd weekend and pictures.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have decided that on Android I need to go stock or as close to stock as possible therefore only Nexus or Moto are viable options. I also liked my OnePlus One that I had and am trying to pick up another one soon. But what I like about WP/NOK is the camera. Most cameras on Android phones are just plain terrible and even the lowest end Lumia takes better pictures IMO. So I use WP for phone and Android for tablet, the combo works well for me. I cycle through phones very quickly but always have my daily driver as a WP since last October. Right now I am using a Lumia 925 and my 810 is the backup device. When I get the Lumia 830, I will put my 810 up for sale.

The camera on 930 is actually good, it puts the one on S5 to the shame.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For all the smart folks out there, please answer this question:

What incentive does the big OEMs (LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC) have in order to make a high end, or mid range WP devices? Especially, WP specific devices?

Seems like in many ways, MSFT hasn't really treated those partners as well as possible.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

more and more im thinking i will get the 830 :D......after December that is... i have to see how people do reviews on it

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

What incentive does the big OEMs (LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC) have in order to make a high end, or mid range WP devices? Especially, WP specific devices?

Seems like in many ways, MSFT hasn't really treated those partners as well as possible.

Even with IQ higher than 150 no one can answer this question :p.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Pay less royalties to MSFT for their Android devices:)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

It's cheaper to put WP8.1 on a device than Android... WP8.1 is free on devices with a screen smaller than 9"... While Android doesn't charge for their OS, OEMs have to pay Microsoft a royalty fee for installing Android.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

they dont have to work on the OS just the firmware

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My answer.

Educate the damn staff at carrier stores so that they know what a WP can do and how easily it does it. Then drive incentive in those stores to encourage sales.

MSs biggest issue however was going into hardware. They're obviously worried about being over shadowed by the new Nokia.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

My answer.

Educate the damn staff at carrier stores so that they know what a WP can do and how easily it does it. Then drive incentive in those stores to encourage sales.

Yup, biggest pproblem right there. Uneducated, biased, *** hats at carrier stores.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

*sigh* I guess I have to deal with the financial aid office again >.<
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb