WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The handle came up in a moment of frustration as to why MSFT was taking so long to move the WP OS along in terms of its update schedule and their crappy relationship with the US carriers. It was like they were MIA.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

And honestly, they still are. Nadella revealed the reason: the company is too siloed, doesn't share information and needed reorganization. While that is happening, it means more of the same growing pains. Perhaps I need to hide on android to ride it out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So what do people make of this review? Good, bad? When viewing it, think of looking at this from a perspective of someone not familiar with smartphones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

o_O i wonder how he did it but I don't want it be ruined !

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Understanding how a magician does something doesn't take away from the art of doing it. Just like how when we learn more by using science doesn't mean that life or the universe is any less magical.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So it would appear that our 1st gen phones are now starting their obsolescence. Well the L920 was basically obsolete when the L925 came out but now it would appear we're now hitting the part where our phones will get less and less features and make us want to either jump off the WP bandwagon or buy the newish hardware that's out.

My phone will last me until the new year or until I drop it again. :p Then I'll decide.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So what do people make of this review? Good, bad? When viewing it, think of looking at this from a perspective of someone not familiar with smartphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3AgcltUM9s
Its horrible. And I'm not alone in this, many people say that this is one of his worst reviews. Although he has some points but most of them are plainly stupid.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

The handle came up in a moment of frustration as to why MSFT was taking so long to move the WP OS along in terms of its update schedule and their crappy relationship with the US carriers. It was like they were MIA.

Ah, kk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

These are the phones that I am considering. One of these will be my next phone. The HTC One M8 for Windows, the new Moto X, or the iPhone 6. Once the iPhone is announced, I can compare all of them and make my decision.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Its horrible. And I'm not alone in this, many people say that this is one of his worst reviews. Although he has some points but most of them are plainly stupid.

I did say look at it from the perspective of someone new to smartphones. I know all phones have a learning curve and some thing he said were stupid. Saying that he had a few very valid points. Things that have frustrated me for some time.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I did say look at it from the perspective of someone new to smartphones. I know all phones have a learning curve and some thing he said were stupid. Saying that he had a few very valid points. Things that have frustrated me for some time.
I don't know, if I knew nothing about smart phones after this review I would think WP is rubbish and I would probably turn away from it. And this is the problem for WP, for a long time now.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So it would appear that our 1st gen phones are now starting their obsolescence. Well the L920 was basically obsolete when the L925 came out but now it would appear we're now hitting the part where our phones will get less and less features and make us want to either jump off the WP bandwagon or buy the newish hardware that's out.

My phone will last me until the new year or until I drop it again. :p Then I'll decide.
Yup they are. I will wait until WP9 devices come to market for my next purchase. I'm not satisfied with any HW offered at the moment but I'm giving them another chance.
To be able to wait for this WP9 devices something big is coming, hopefully this week ;).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know, if I knew nothing about smart phones after this review I would think WP is rubbish and I would probably turn away from it. And this is the problem for WP, for a long time now.

That bit about the email is something that's irritated me to no end since I've owned WP and that's not even going in to the 'what can be attached' nonsense. In many ways he's touched on some major points and only WP fans would be the ones up in arms about the review. However, he's dead on with a few things and just like I've mentioned many times, apps are the biggest failure of WP at this stage. Especially the lack of mainstream ones. Image is everything when you want to sell to a market who can get another phone and get all the apps.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup they are. I will wait until WP9 devices come to market for my next purchase. I'm not satisfied with any HW offered at the moment but I'm giving them another chance.
To be able to wait for this WP9 devices something big is coming, hopefully this week ;).

WP = Wait Patiently

All kidding aside, I hope they do something useful soon. I'm quite dissatisfied at the moment.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

That bit about the email is something that's irritated me to no end since I've owned WP and that's not even going in to the 'what can be attached' nonsense. In many ways he's touched on some major points and only WP fans would be the ones up in arms about the review. However, he's dead on with a few things and just like I've mentioned many times, apps are the biggest failure of WP at this stage. Especially the lack of mainstream ones. Image is everything when you want to sell to a market who can get another phone and get all the apps.
Sure criticism is on place, but OS for no one ? That's a bit rough. About emails, have you tried metromail?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sure criticism is on place, but OS for no one ? That's a bit rough. About emails, have you tried metromail?

Nope, I haven't tried it but sounds interesting. I'll have to try it and see how much it is, if it's worth buying.

Some critics are harsh, yes. I guess when you're a third horse in a three horse race then people are going to knock you about some. MS is trying to be #1 but they have a very long way to go just to be considered 3rd. :p Some people think 2.5% is plenty. I'm not one of them. :p None of the mid range phones are fantastic but I guess we'll see. It's hard to judge when you have no interest in them.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nope, I haven't tried it but sounds interesting. I'll have to try it and see how much it is, if it's worth buying.

Some critics are harsh, yes. I guess when you're a third horse in a three horse race then people are going to knock you about some. MS is trying to be #1 but they have a very long way to go just to be considered 3rd. :p Some people think 2.5% is plenty. I'm not one of them. :p None of the mid range phones are fantastic but I guess we'll see. It's hard to judge when you have no interest in them.
2,5% is nothing, even when WP reaches 5% it's not lot. When(if ever) reaches 10% than we will be able to talk about success. But as long as we are talking about 0,3% about an improvement....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Understanding how a magician does something doesn't take away from the art of doing it. Just like how when we learn more by using science doesn't mean that life or the universe is any less magical.

:p well I think it was pretty cool how he did it . Even if I did know like you said it would still be cool

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb