WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I can completely see why stones confused you, if I didn't grow up with it I'd be confused too!

It's like another language to be honest. Even though I can equate it now because I understand pounds so I can at least get an idea but still I have to do math to sort out what it means. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am still trying to find the answer to whether or not WP is a 64bit OS already or does it need a complete update to allow 64bit. It would seem kind of redundant to use the NT kernel and not have 64bit from the start, even if it is a hybrid.

It may not support the 64bit CPU hardware but at least have the OS 64bit ready. Then again, this is MS...

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why is there so many types of measurements in the first case??!!!
Any how, kg is the standard unit, isn't it??

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am still trying to find the answer to whether or not WP is a 64bit OS already or does it need a complete update to allow 64bit. It would seem kind of redundant to use the NT kernel and not have 64bit from the start, even if it is a hybrid.

It may not support the 64bit CPU hardware but at least have the OS 64bit ready. Then again, this is MS...

Does it actually differ??
I mean, what is advantage of 64 over 32 bit?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Why is there so many types of measurements in the first case??!!!
Any how, kg is the standard unit, isn't it??

Various types of measurements have been around for centuries. The kg is relatively new by comparison. In general, yes, the kg is becoming the standard for measurements as is the whole metric system but some countries take a bit longer to accept that, especially the US and the UK. Most other countries are moving to the metric system because it makes sense.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I more into the action animes.... Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Highschool of the Dead, Ranma 1/2...

I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop (CB) to anyone though... Some considered CB an anime version of Firefly, although CB came out first and is less "Western". It runs the full gamut from serious to funny and back again... It's like a rollercoaster ride with the first couple of episodes taking you slowly up the first hill... Although, for someone not into anime, there are a few things you have to understand... Many of the shows have a deep character development and as a result, you shouldn't take episode 1 at face value, there is usually some sort of character development going on and sometimes it makes it seem a little slow. On that note, if your going to give CB a try, I'd recommend checking out episode 17 (Mushroom Samba) first... I saw that one at an anime convention over 10 years ago and it got me hooked.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Does it actually differ??
I mean, what is advantage of 64 over 32 bit?

If done correctly, 64 bit processing is faster and better equipped to handle complex processes. It enables higher levels of RAM as well. An OS has to be 64 bit and the apps have to be programmed for 64 bit for there to be any real use though. Something that has taken a long time on Windows so I don't see that changing any time soon on phones.

Saying that, I can see games and graphics apps taking advantage of 64 bit architecture, in other words the programs that do that now on Windows.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's why I'm thinking with wp9 they could fully enable 64bit processing.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

So what do people make of this review? Good, bad? When viewing it, think of looking at this from a perspective of someone not familiar with smartphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3AgcltUM9s

Both: Good for an Anti-Microsoft/Pro-Linux person that not familiar with smartphones and looking for any reason to not consider a WP.
Bad for the Pro-Microsoft/Xbox fans not familiar with smartphones, but wanted WP to receive some type of positive recognition and may have considered buy a WP before watching this video.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Both: Good for an Anti-Microsoft/Pro-Linux person that not familiar with smartphones and looking for any reason to not consider a WP.
Bad for the Pro-Microsoft/Xbox fans not familiar with smartphones, but wanted WP to receive some type of positive recognition and may have considered buy a WP before watching this video.

I think there were some good points. There's a whole thread about this review going. I'm staying out of it though. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I think there were some good points. There's a whole thread about this review going. I'm staying out of it though. :p

I am subbed to him on YouTube because he's very knowledgeable on computers and stuff like that . BUT since he's in the Google ecosystem and doesn't like MSFT at all I can say his review is very bais

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am subbed to him on YouTube because he's very knowledgeable on computers and stuff like that . BUT since he's in the Google ecosystem and doesn't like MSFT at all I can say his review is very bais

I know he's biased. I'm not saying he isn't but some of his points are valid, ignoring the 'OS' comment at the end. WP can be frustrating, unintuitive and it does lack apps. It can also become boring as easily as iOS. Thing is, fans have rose tinted glasses on and those who want to take offense will. You need to step outside your comfort zone and assess things from a real perspective.

All tech has a learning curve and I personally believe WP has a fairly steep one because of some of the points he made. If you want to disagree please point to me where he made a mistake from a beginners perspective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb