WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dropping by.

My Neighbor Totoro is heartwarming, Grave of the Fireflies is heartrending. No wonder the two were released together.

I loved My Neighbor Totoro! Actually I am a huge Miyazaki fan. I have not seen the following in his collection. Perhaps I will catch up on one movie tonight.

The Castle of Cagliostro (1979)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
Ponyo (2008)
The Wind Rises (2013)

I've seen all the others and they were all good.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I know he's biased. I'm not saying he isn't but some of his points are valid, ignoring the 'OS' comment at the end. WP can be frustrating, unintuitive and it does lack apps. It can also become boring as easily as iOS. Thing is, fans have rose tinted glasses on and those who want to take offense will. You need to step outside your comfort zone and assess things from a real perspective.

All tech has a learning curve and I personally believe WP has a fairly steep one because of some of the points he made. If you want to disagree please point to me where he made a mistake from a beginners perspective.

The video is on a power user perspective . the moment he said I Would not recommend this to a regular consumer is the moment he contradicted himself. Since when new consumers power user? Why would I recommend an android device to someone starting out when there is wp and iPhones that do just that in a more simpler form.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The video is on a power user perspective . the moment he said I Would not recommend this to a regular consumer is the moment he contradicted himself. Since when new consumers power user? Why would I recommend an android device to someone starting out when there is wp and iPhones that do just that in a more simpler form.

I wouldn't recommend WP to regular consumer either.

Ignoring his stupid comments, which aren't that wrong, where did he go wrong in his review? You're picking semantics and not really answering me.

He's also comparing the two HTC models so what does iPhone have to do with anything?

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't recommend WP to regular consumer either.

Ignoring his stupid comments, which aren't that wrong, where did he go wrong in his review? You're picking semantics and not really answering me.

He's also comparing the two HTC models so what does iPhone have to do with anything?
thats my answer. the moment he started to its a phone for know one and said the video was for and from a power user he of said that it sucks for power uses but not for regular consumers . other balanced videos show the pros and cons but in the end they would recommend wp.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

im not a fan of the apple phones but i do like the Software and the improvements they made. im interested in how well the optical image stabilization stacks up against the nokia phones with optical image stabilization

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Really considering switching. Apple is doing amazing stuff.

I like their NFC payments. People say that it has been out already, but with pretty much everything, Apple reinvents it and makes it better.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hold up hold up ....werent they mocking NFC and sumsung in a previous keynote speech saying its dumb and idrop is way better. now they are saying its awesome and people should use it o.o?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

They also said the iPhone had the perfect sized screen and it didn't need to be any bigger.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Really considering switching. Apple is doing amazing stuff.

I like their NFC payments. People say that it has been out already, but with pretty much everything, Apple reinvents it and makes it better.

Looked nice in the presentation but then I went to my spreadsheet to see how many times I go the establishments shown in the presentation versus where I really spend my money and it seems like I am going to be carrying my wallet around for a few years more....the difference between tourism versus immigration, sigh....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll leave until WP can catch up with the competition.

I think the presentation was slick but nothing that revolutionary and the watch still has a long ways to go....it took a 30 minute demo and even the tech writers were like the interface will take some time to learn and not one word about battery life. Also a lot of comparisons to Android Wear in terms of widgets and usability, so I think the round watch coming out next year this time might be the time to jump ship, not just yet...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

IPhone is meh. Android wins, at least in my mind.
Anyway, we are playing on basketball worked cup against USA. Oh how we are going to lose this one :D.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99