WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't like suits and ties but could be just because my age. Maybe I will like them when I'm older.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

If you hate them now you will hate them later in life. :p

Well that's what happened to me anyway. I never liked either, though there is something about a nice suit now that I like but still don't go out my way to wear. Ties are torture devices though.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm inclined to agree about ties. I never feel comfortable in a suit. Give me normal clothes any day!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I can't sleep on mass transport. Maybe because I'm paranoid about things like that.

its different for me since I know the people there :p after riding the bus for 2 years and seeing the same kids, Im not so paranoid ... minus the weed smell I smell D:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm inclined to agree about ties. I never feel comfortable in a suit. Give me normal clothes any day!

I knew a woman who was the owner of a coffeehouse, which unfortunately closed. She went to a boarding school, so ties were part of her uniform, similar to "Hermione Granger's" uniform.

Hermione-Granger-Photoshoot-OOTP-hermione-granger-1354671-1919-2560.jpg

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

If you hate them now you will hate them later in life. :p

Well that's what happened to me anyway. I never liked either, though there is something about a nice suit now that I like but still don't go out my way to wear. Ties are torture devices though.

I'm jet to try a suit so I will now than but I generally like comfortable clothes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I knew a woman who was the owner of a coffeehouse, which unfortunately closed. She went to a boarding school, so ties were part of her uniform, similar to "Hermione Granger's" uniform.

View attachment 80982

Very common here in the UK and Australia. School uniforms are the norm.

I know there's argument for and against them. I'm not sure where I stand with it though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Very common here in the UK and Australia. School uniforms are the norm.

I know there's argument for and against them. I'm not sure where I stand with it though.

School uniforms are common here. The Cleveland Public School District requires them, due to past issues with kids getting their clothes stolen or issues with gang "colours". However, the public schools that require uniforms (and the majority of private schools) do not require ties. A typical school uniform here is a polo shirt and khaki or navy trousers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

School uniforms are common here. The Cleveland Public School District requires them, due to past issues with kids getting their clothes stolen or issues with gang "colours". However, the public schools that require uniforms (and the majority of private schools) do not require ties. A typical school uniform here is a polo shirt and khaki or navy trousers.

Interesting. Here in the UK a tie is very common. In Australia only the more exclusive schools have them. Some uniforms in Australia are hideous.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. Here in the UK a tie is very common. In Australia only the more exclusive schools have them. Stone uniforms in Australia are hideous.

Do Aussie schoolchildren still wear uniforms that look like Angus Young's outfit?
51545449532lespaul-4-ac-dc-lead-guitarist-angus-young-performs-in-london_508.jpg

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Here in the Danville Illinios school district, they have passed a dress code for the first time ever. Teachers and adminstrators wanted them for years. So, I was fine with them. Went to a school board meeting and said so. Let's do it if it helps teachers deal with one last thing. A real basic, easy to follow dress code- Collared shirts, no blue jeans for boys, shorts and skirts have to be longer then your fingertips as your hands are resting on their sides, nothing low cut for girls, no t-shirts, certain colors a no-no. That is it. Nothing hard.

Parents lost their ever-living minds over it. I was shocked. "MY KID NEEDS TO BE ALLOWED TO EXPRESS HIMSELF!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!"

That was the basic scream. Over and over. A few parents were worried about being able to afford all new clothes on a budget for all their kids- that one I understood. But the rest? Sweet mother, I was embarrassed to be a parent....

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Here in the Danville Illinios school district, they have passed a dress code for the first time ever. Teachers and adminstrators wanted them for years. So, I was fine with them. Went to a school board meeting and said so. Let's do it if it helps teachers deal with one last thing. A real basic, easy to follow dress code- Collared shirts, no blue jeans for boys, shorts and skirts have to be longer then your fingertips as your hands are resting on their sides, nothing low cut for girls, no t-shirts, certain colors a no-no. That is it. Nothing hard.

Parents lost their ever-living minds over it. I was shocked. "MY KID NEEDS TO BE ALLOWED TO EXPRESS HIMSELF!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!"

That was the basic scream. Over and over. A few parents were worried about being able to afford all new clothes on a budget for all their kids- that one I understood. But the rest? Sweet mother, I was embarrassed to be a parent....

Just. Wow.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sadly that's the reaction I've heard regarding uniforms in countries they don't typically have them. Some even go so far to start saying things like 'Hitler's youth' and so on.

I think in this day and age there's plenty of time and ways for young people to 'express' themselves and making everyone the same at school is a good leveling thing in many ways as it takes away the economics of fashion. What one person can afford over the other.

Saying that, I disagree with forcing girls to wear skirts. I think pants/trousers are sufficient for everyone and shorts and skirts, whichever they prefer in the warmer times.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here is jeans everywhere. In themes of style I'm one of the many and I like it. :)

I wear jeans all the time, when I'm not at work. It's mostly the top half of me I'm having issues with . :p I'm still in the process of losing some weight.

My 7 years in Australia kind of made me go a bit feral. :p It's a lot more casual in Australia compared to the UK and back in Canada, especially in the suburbs, it's very casual. I felt very out of place when I went to visit at Christmas last year. :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Saying that, I disagree with forcing girls to wear skirts. I think pants/trousers are sufficient for everyone and shorts and skirts, whichever they prefer in the warmer times.

Sorry, never meant to imply they couldn't wear pants. Our young ladies are more then welcome to wear pants. Just if they wear skirts or shorts, they need to be of a decent length.

I am never worried about kids "expressing themselves". No way my runts need clothes to be original.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, never meant to imply they couldn't wear pants. Our young ladies are more then welcome to wear pants. Just if they wear skirts or shorts, they need to be of a decent length.

I am never worried about kids "expressing themselves". No way my runts need clothes to be original.

I wasn't necessarily saying you were saying that. I know of some schools which more or less state that girls need to wear skirts etc. What's amusing is the girls battle with the skirt and how short or long they want to make it. Even though there are rules lots try to get around it to some extent. Especially the older girls.

There was a time I would have thought uniforms were a bad idea but these days with economics of fashion and a trend for younger people to want to offend just because with language on t-shirts and so on I think uniforms make more sense.

The other option is to force a 'plain' clothing style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786