WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I remember when I went school ( kinder to 1st grade ) we had a dress code . It was a white shirt with navy( or dark blue not sure ) slacks. I didn't know why I had to wear this. Everyone looked the same. Then in 2nd grade I remember I could wear anything I wanted .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well to make things even sillier...

The industry is rather buoyant at the moment here in the UK. Contractor rates have gone up and there's lots of work around. I, stupidly, decided to become staff. Main reason was because my wife's work is not very stable and both of us being contract workers seems to stress her. The other was that working contract here is a bit different than Australia. A bit more painful.

As for job security, no such thing really. It's a big project that will probably run for the next 5-7 years and I'll probably be on it the whole time.

I'm sort of in this weird position where my work load is rather flat. I'm waiting for them to give me something meaty to do but what I have is rather dull and repetitive. It's the kind of thing that would usually drive me to look for another position elsewhere just to alleviate the boredom.

The atmosphere where I work is very 'business' like and there's not much fun going on. It's rather dull that way. I use this here as an escape from the dullness.

So, even though the project is large, it's I get the feeling it's going to be a drag.

Wow if that was going to be silly then I missed the point :p but I hope I don't end up with a boring job

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I work for a large US engineering firm in the UK. I'm working on some ridiculously large project but it's not that exciting.

It's going to be one of 'those' projects which will be a complete mess, get built regardless and then people will proclaim it to be the best project ever.

I'm an electrical design engineer.

Sounds like apple every time you release a phone ( sorry couldn't help it )

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You know, it has been a long time since I posted on this thread. Think it was still in the 60K range the last time.

I feel like I have failed Sahib...

And here I thought you forgot about the thread ;) .....kidding just kidding ! :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't mind a uniform. That way I wouldn't have to kill myself choosing what to wear everyday. I would always know

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

Growing up in Jamaica, students wear school uniforms from the age you're able to go to school up to college. That's still the standard today/ whether public or private school. Only trade schools and college allow casual wear. That's because we were a British colony. I hated the look of my uniform and they made it more hideous since I left. Still, it was a lot more affordable for my folks to do that than to have to deal with no dress code and buy casual outfits.

We were allowed to wear jeans a few times a year. They called it "jeans day" and you paid a simple fee to wear jeans. The money was fundraising for school projects. I'm sure they've modified that some these days because the jeans girls can wear have gotten tighter and more body fitting. Back then, the girls loved wearing jeans on Jeans day and they could sit however they wanted and not have to worry about people looking up their skirts or tunics.

Students who traveled via public transport got discounted rated once they were in uniform. Everyone used uniforms to identify students easily...but some schools wore similar stuff so the school colors were used to be the markers as the base unit for boys was khaki pants and single pocket khaki shirts. My alma mater we wore a tie in our school colors of blue and yellow. I still like ties, but am picky about the quality. Because of the tie being the only marker, whenever we wanted to do mischief we took our ties off. Now, in addition to the ties, they've put a huge *** school crest on the pocket of the shirt. That would **** me off if I had to wear that now.

Uniforms are cool...most times.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks.

Growing up in Jamaica, students wear school uniforms from the age you're able to go to school up to college. That's still the standard today/ whether public or private school. Only trade schools and college allow casual wear. That's because we were a British colony. I hated the look of my uniform and they made it more hideous since I left. Still, it was a lot more affordable for my folks to do that than to have to deal with no dress code and buy casual outfits.

We were allowed to wear jeans a few times a year. They called it "jeans day" and you paid a simple fee to wear jeans. The money was fundraising for school projects. I'm sure they've modified that some these days because the jeans girls can wear have gotten tighter and more body fitting. Back then, the girls loved wearing jeans on Jeans day and they could sit however they wanted and not have to worry about people looking up their skirts or tunics.

Students who traveled via public transport got discounted rated once they were in uniform. Everyone used uniforms to identify students easily...but some schools wore similar stuff so the school colors were used to be the markers as the base unit for boys was khaki pants and single pocket khaki shirts. My alma mater we wore a tie in our school colors of blue and yellow. I still like ties, but am picky about the quality. Because of the tie being the only marker, whenever we wanted to do mischief we took our ties off. Now, in addition to the ties, they've put a huge *** school crest on the pocket of the shirt. That would **** me off if I had to wear that now.

Uniforms are cool...most times.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

I never had the experience at school but a few places I've worked I've had a 'uniform' of sorts. I didn't have to pay for any of it though as it's a requirement of the company to provide it for us. All that stuff, that which I've kept, is in Australia. I have none of it here. Not that I'd wear it anyway. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Can you put into normal terms instead of a Sahibism?

Alright my jab to apple was that every time apple comes out with a new phone most tech oriented on the subject of phones its usually the same things that were on other phones. Apple plays it like the invented it and everyone out of the loop thinks its the best thing ever

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99