WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Researching a smart watch. Debating whether it make sense to buy one and make my Z Ultra my daily driver or get a Z3 Compact.

So far, I like the Moto 360, Sony's SW2 and 3, and Asus' Zenwatch. Personally, I'd want something that allows me to not have to pull put the Z Ultra as much as possible during my commute. Also with good battery life. And looks nice enough.

The Sony SW3 appeals the most to me - built in GPS and Walkman app for music. I kinda like the straps they have but would love to see a metal one. The 360 with the Pebble Steel strap as a mod looks ridiculously high class. I'd like to get Sony SW2 to test out but being a Sony product it is overpriced. If it got to the $85 used range, I'd get it.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Heh, looks like you kicked that Moto X (2014) idea to the curb and went iPhone 6. Let us know how it runs.

Based on reviews on Engadget and The Verge
iPhone 6 - 9.0, 90
Moto X - 8.8, 89
iPhone 6 Plus - 8.7, 87

Looks like the Moto slides in between the two iPhone 6 models....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Based on reviews on Engadget and The Verge
iPhone 6 - 9.0, 90
Moto X - 8.8, 89
iPhone 6 Plus - 8.7, 87

Looks like the Moto slides in between the two iPhone 6 models....

I'll be honest, you had me in agreement until you quoted the Verge. Them boys couldn't help blind man cross the Golden Gate bridge if it was closed and traffic free, much less give a biased free review.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, the iPhone looked better than the Moto X. Besides, I can always get the nexus 6 too. :)

Nice plan. At this point, I'll either get the Sony or Asus smart watch and use the aging Z Ultra as my daily driver, or get a Z3 Compact and buy a better smart watch next year.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Go meet MIA in NY, get him in a bar and buy him a beer. He'll talk. :p

You could also try the same method with a nice lady too. :p

That's a good idea well both of them are ill just offer a girl a drink ( soda , water ) since I'm not 21 : Yet

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a good idea well both of them are ill just offer a girl a drink ( soda , water ) since I'm not 21 : Yet

You do that, these NYC girls with put you in that soda bottle and mail your *** back to Orland and have you pay the postage.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

+830
Mama Luisa in Flagstaff Arizona was awesome and so was La Fontanella in Phoenix and not to mention Pizza Bianco ( the most awarded pizzeria in the USA even according to NY Times). Haven't bothered to much with Italian food in LA.

Wait.... +830 does that mean you have it :eek:?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Lol. I'm not taking him to no place where he has to constantly show ID with that baby face.

I'll share two: figure out what your strengths are. Then just be appealing version of Sahib.

Lol I don't have a baby face 😂 I have a young face 😉 though I do look like a 16 year old.

I'll have to think about that one. But I can be a better sahib 😃

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

LOL! I never had much of a baby face once I got close to 20. I sort of aged quicker than I should have. I rarely got asked for ID.

Maybe he needs a mustache. :p Or some experience outside a small town will age him. :p

I grew a mustache before :p it wasn't me so after 6 months I shaved it off but I did look older

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll be honest, you had me in agreement until you quoted the Verge. Them boys couldn't help blind man cross the Golden Gate bridge if it was closed and traffic free, much less give a biased free review.

Ha, ha.....agreed but it is funny that David Pierce reviewed the iPhone 6 and Nilay Patel reviewed the iPhone 6 Plus, they are such fanboys...but the Engadget review was far more neutral but they both came up with roughly the same scores for either three devices so perhaps at the The Verge some objectivity might have crept in during crunching of the numbers, however, they are full of gushing praise for Apple in their prose so I just scrolled to the bottom of the page to look at the score. Unfortunately my favorite site Ars Technica and AnandTech do not give out rankings so...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Nice plan. At this point, I'll either get the Sony or Asus smart watch and use the aging Z Ultra as my daily driver, or get a Z3 Compact and buy a better smart watch next year.

I am looking forward to Nexus 6 and the Z3C as well. Damn Nokia cameras - I'm spoiled, I know....now why do Android phones have sucky cameras.....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am looking forward to Nexus 6 and the Z3C as well. Damn Nokia cameras - I'm spoiled, I know....now why do Android phones have sucky cameras.....

The reviews I've read for the Z3 Compact says the camera is slightly better with the wide angled lens, and improved noise management with the software, but nothing to write home about. I still would probably get one but I want to see the price first. If it is insane, I'll wait until March and grind it out with my N5. Who knows, if the 930 is a good price by then I might get that too.

I'll ask the folks here: which would you get - a Lumia 1520 or a HTC E8? I ask ask as the guys I use have the E8 for $460 and the 1520 for $470 (shipping included). Remember, I'm on T-Mobile and these are the international models so no full LTE for me because they lack the AWS band.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss