WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

wernt you planning to get the 930 ? my reasoning behind it was ... since you were planning to get the 930 , there isn't a point to get the 1520 because the 930 is " like the 1520" just no SD card and no glance. no point having 2 wp

Ideally, I'd like a 930. I'm very disturbed by the overheating issues with the camera, because I plan to use the camera the most. Plus I'm not a fan of the reviews talking about how measly the battery is. There is still a signficant price difference of about $80 between the 1520 and the 930 for roughly similar hardware. Since it will be my secondary device, I'm leaning towards a 1520 at this point...especially, if it gets to $400. I'd get a bigger battery, bigger screen, more storage space and less overheating issues for roughly the same chip set and camera...and at a cheaper price point.

Truth be told, the longer i've used my N5, the most I realize I don't miss WP as much. I just feel that MSFT has asked us to compromise for too long and hasn't delivered the good as quickly as needed. It isn't that they aren't trying, but that siloed mentality really put them behind the 8 ball. I now look at wearables and wonder "when is MSFT getting into this?" How cool would it be to have a WP wrist watch with some Xbox functionality tied in? I like how their OneNote can now do voice commands for note taking on Android Wear.

So when does WP stop being behind? WP9? WP10? Android and iOS aren't perfect either, just much further along.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Of choose you'll see the iPhone expensive after launch, it always costs $200 more from 3rd parties.

And Samsung uses crap material compared to Apple, HTC, and Nokia.

Incorrect.

Not just third party - Apple itself was pricing it high in those days too. Remember, what got them to were was the exlcusivity - it was a good product and because of how good it was, people were willing to use it on other carriers and spend money to get it. Their pricing schemes have gotten better, but look even in places like Russia, Brasil, China...it is still the most expensive and by a mile too. I knew of Russians who came to NYC to buy the Apple gear there and take it back as it was cheaper to do so than buy it in Russia.

Why did you think Apple got the phone on more carriers? They weren't getting a cut of the used iPhone market on the devices itself. Apple wants a piece of your wallet on every level - from purchasing the device itself, the accessories, the content - apps, movies, music, and now with Apple Pay, per transaction you make.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Of choose you'll see the iPhone expensive after launch, it always costs $200 more from 3rd parties.

And Samsung uses crap material compared to Apple, HTC, and Nokia.

Notice you brought up build quality in terms of materials. For the record, the plastic on the the 3G and 3GS was horrid. Durable, yes - but that **** was horrid looking when it got beat up. Plus that screen resolution wasn't that great either. Say what you want about Samsung - I give them credit for how consistent their plastic looks as a the phone ages. It may not be aesthetically pretty for some, but it surely holds up well.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Notice you brought up build quality in terms of materials. For the record, the plastic on the the 3G and 3GS was horrid. Durable, yes - but that **** was horrid looking when it got beat up. Plus that screen resolution wasn't that great either. Say what you want about Samsung - I give them credit for how consistent their plastic looks as a the phone ages. It may not be aesthetically pretty for some, but it surely holds up well.

Yes, we should relive 4 years ago. Let's dwell on the past.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, we should relive 4 years ago. Let's dwell on the past.

I'll leave you alone on this one. Not gonna do this dance.

My point , and everyone else's actually: Apple's iPhone off contract, and on contract in many cases, are the most expensive mass consumer targeted model on the market. It has been so since the iPhone 3G, and for the near future, that won't change. It doesn't matter how you choose to justify it: whether you talk about build quality, etc...that's the truth. Apple makes a good product and charges a premium price for it.

Not everyone feels the need to spend that cash to fit what their smartphone needs are - that's 99's point.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'll leave you alone on this one. Not gonna do this dance.

My point , and everyone else's actually: Apple's iPhone off contract, and on contract in many cases, are the most expensive mass consumer targeted model on the market. It has been so since the iPhone 3G, and for the near future, that won't change. It doesn't matter how you choose to justify it: whether you talk about build quality, etc...that's the truth. Apple makes a good product and charges a premium price for it.

Not everyone feels the need to spend that cash to fit what their smartphone needs are - that's 99's point.

Which is why I'm fine with contracts. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm very curious about where Android Wear is going. Just read through a Moto 360 review and as much as I like what I read, it is off my list. If I vet a smart watch now, it is between the Zen Watch or Sony's SW3. I love the built in GPS in the SW3 and the fact it uses micro USB charging. I like the overall solid style of the Zen Watch and that it will probably be cheaper than the SW3. Looking forward to reading these reviews. If I really like one of these, may be I pull the trigger and grab one instead of getting a new phone. I'm not sure my Z Ultra could handle running android wear + smartband + headset via Bluetooth battery wise.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm very curious about where Android Wear is going. Just read through a Moto 360 review and as much as I like what I read, it is off my list. If I vet a smart watch now, it is between the Zen Watch or Sony's SW3. I love the built in GPS in the SW3 and the fact it uses micro USB charging. I like the overall solid style of the Zen Watch and that it will probably be cheaper than the SW3. Looking forward to reading these reviews. If I really like one of these, may be I pull the trigger and grab one instead of getting a new phone. I'm not sure my Z Ultra could handle running android wear + smartband + headset via Bluetooth battery wise.

Tbh, I'm not that into watches, at all. If I liked them though, my favorite would have to be the Moto 360.

I'm distracted enough, why do I need more? And my phone does everything the watch does, except monitoring my heartbeat constantly...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, that was a lot of tech talk...

There were some other bits in there like sahib's immanent departure to Canada. :p

For me wearables are still too new. I simply wouldn't be happy with this generation of them. Until battery tech gets better I think this is of my list of wants.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ideally, I'd like a 930. I'm very disturbed by the overheating issues with the camera, because I plan to use the camera the most. Plus I'm not a fan of the reviews talking about how measly the battery is. There is still a signficant price difference of about $80 between the 1520 and the 930 for roughly similar hardware. Since it will be my secondary device, I'm leaning towards a 1520 at this point...especially, if it gets to $400. I'd get a bigger battery, bigger screen, more storage space and less overheating issues for roughly the same chip set and camera...and at a cheaper price point.

Truth be told, the longer i've used my N5, the most I realize I don't miss WP as much. I just feel that MSFT has asked us to compromise for too long and hasn't delivered the good as quickly as needed. It isn't that they aren't trying, but that siloed mentality really put them behind the 8 ball. I now look at wearables and wonder "when is MSFT getting into this?" How cool would it be to have a WP wrist watch with some Xbox functionality tied in? I like how their OneNote can now do voice commands for note taking on Android Wear.

So when does WP stop being behind? WP9? WP10? Android and iOS aren't perfect either, just much further along.

oh I see. I thought you were getting both of them... I miss understood.. then yeah get the 1520 over the 930

msft might be getting into the whole smart watch thing. who knows when but it might be soon. I agree that android is father ahead of wp but when I compare ios 8 to wp 8.1 I feel that ios 8 just catching up. the only thing for ios is the apps

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

For the most expensive model (regular version, not plus), yes. He needs to get all his facts right...

Umm I do have my facts right, you can check it in fact on ATT's page as well on Apple's website. 64 GB iPhone 6 is 749.99 +9% tax = $817.48 + etc etc
On contract it is $299 + tax + accessories.....

A 64 GB OnePlus One at $359.43 delivered to your doorstep begins to sound pretty tempting....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, that was a lot of tech talk...

There were some other bits in there like sahib's immanent departure to Canada. :p

For me wearables are still too new. I simply wouldn't be happy with this generation of them. Until battery tech gets better I think this is of my list of wants.

if it means that I can get the 830 then yes :p but the Canadians better prepare themselves because sahib isn't one to be reckoned with :evil:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Umm I do have my facts right, you can check it in fact on ATT's page as well on Apple's website. 64 GB iPhone 6 is 749.99 +9% tax = $817.48 + etc etc

x.x that's still expensive ..... I can buy 2 830s for that price

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A 64 GB OnePlus One at $359.43 delivered to your doorstep begins to sound pretty tempting....

The OnePlus One's only problem is availability though:)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

if it means that I can get the 830 then yes :p but the Canadians better prepare themselves because sahib isn't one to be reckoned with :evil:

LOL! What, your going to try your 'work' on them? :p

Canadians are pacifist until you put them an ice rink. :p

Just don't go drinking with Canadians, you'll regret pretty quick. :p

That is one advantage, you can drink in Canada now. Most 21 year old Canadians have two years in you. :p well they have more but I'm going by legal age.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

The majority of people in the US who own a smartphone have it on contract. And no, a OnePlus one doesn't sound tempting. I prefer the REAL Nexus. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb