WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks.

Looks like it would be the SW3 for me. While I'm not all that thrilled about the watchbands (they should offer a metal one to give it a really classy look) this Android Wear offers closest to what I want at this point. The microUSB port is the 2nd best solution on the market for this type of device (wireless charging is the best, IMO), which will allow me to use my portable battery pack to charge it. Love the built in GPS feature the most.

So I'll wait a few months for the price to come down to get one. This is the first time I've ever gotten so branded using stuff from one OEM. Guess I'm getting older and want more synergy between devices. For me, a smart watch is more of a compliment to a larger sized device like the Z Ultra.

If someone comes up with a good one that officially supports WP and Android, I'll get that instead. However, we are talking about MSFT so I'm not holding out hope there.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Untill there is a smartwatch that works on all 3 platforms I'm not interested in the while smart watch idea. One day that'll happen 😃
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm home and generally it was just another day at school, apart from one thing.
In the morning while I was driving to school cops pulled me over. He wanted drives license. Than he asked if scooter is tuned and I was like; nooo. Than he asked again if I'm sure and I said yes. And all her said after examining my scooter if it's ruined and not finding anything he said : Have a good day 😊
This was my first time I was pulled over so I felt a bit odd, I want afraid though since I didn't do anything wrong but still.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm home and generally it was just another day at school, apart from one thing.

In the morning while I was driving to school cops pulled me over. He wanted drives license. Than he asked if scooter is tuned and I was like; nooo. Than he asked again if I'm sure and I said yes. And all her said after examining my scooter if it's ruined and not finding anything he said : Have a good day 😊

This was my first time I was pulled over so I felt a bit odd, I want afraid though since I didn't do anything wrong but still.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

:p you got off easy. I remember my first cop encounter at age 18. I was only going 10mph over the speed limit ( 55 on highways so I was going 65) anyways I had to pay off a 200$ ticket >.> . I was scared that my parents were going to kill me 😂 but they didn't they just made fun of me :p. I haven't gotten on after that then again its been 2years ago

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Talk to MSFT about that.

WP is wearable challenged... :p

MS needs to sort that out. Thankfully the market is still minute enough to get in early but they phone is lacking apps for the existing wearables. That needs to be fixed.

Of course some will never be compatible simply because they're tied to Apple.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope the next revision to whatever MS plans to call their smartphone range is better than the current one. This was truly a bad year for WP. Only one real flagship (HTC) and even that was 'older' tech. :p

I see HTC managed to make a half decent panorama app at least.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I hope the next revision to whatever MS plans to call their smartphone range is better than the current one. This was truly a bad year for WP. Only one real flagship (HTC) and even that was 'older' tech. :p

I see HTC managed to make a half decent panorama app at least.

Nah, people are really happy with 730/830. They are eagerly waiting for them. According to me these are some good mid & higher mid ranged phones. Next year would be even better

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nah, people are really happy with 730/830. They are eagerly waiting for them. According to me these are some good mid & higher mid ranged phones. Next year would be even better

For me, a person who wants a good flagship, what's out is simply meh.

I don't really care what other people want. I want a decent flagship smartphone, there is none. That goes for Android as well and I'm not interested in iPhone.

So it's been a crap year as far as I'm concerned, so far. At least Android has some possible flagships before the holidays. There doesn't seem to be anything for WP except more low end and mid range phones. How exciting...

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I don't really care what other people want. I want a decent flagship smartphone, there is none. That goes for Android as well and I'm not interested in iPhone.

So it's been a crap year as far as I'm concerned, so far. At least Android has some possible flagships before the holidays. There doesn't seem to be anything for WP except more low end and mid range phones. How exciting...

Yes, an OS is only successful if it has low end & mid range phones, so MS is definitely focusing on such phones. Its good for me, at the same time there are also some high end phones. In my country many people are turning to WP from Android & are quite satisfied with it.

& which type of phone you want? Any specs you are expecting from a phone?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, an OS is only successful if it has low end & mid range phones, so MS is definitely focusing on such phones. Its good for me, at the same time there are also some high end phones. In my country many people are turning to WP from Android & are quite satisfied with it.

They have no high end phones currently and only one good design from HTC. I'll know when I see the phone that I want it. At this stage the HTC was the closest but I can't get it so by the time it's released here in the UK it be too old for me to be interested.

I just don't want another experience as I've had with the L920. I'm seriously thinking I don't a Lumia because it's been disappointing. But I have no idea what to get. I am seriously considering Android but there's nothing from there that I want either. So I wait. I won't buy right away. I'll give it two to three months regardless what phone I get so they can iron out the bugs.

That's where I am currently. Spec wise my main thing is battery then camera. Size I would like to stick to similar size as the L920 but I may consider larger. It all depends.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It would be awesome if Sammy were to save the day by say
1. Taking the Galaxy Alpa
2. Updating the camera
3. Definitely a bigger battery
4. Waterproofing would be nice and an SD card would be great
5. Slapping WP8.1.1 on it

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think MSFT understands that it is going to be below 4% in USA, about 8% in EU and the real growth for it is in India, Brazil, Vietnam and other emerging economies and are truly focusing on what they believe is their growth area. No wonder Google released Android One in India first to combat the Nokia Lumia 520/525/530 phenomenon....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Which phone are you leaning towards, N_LaRUE?

As I've already explained. None. There are no phones out that I want.

Looking at WP and Android I'm uncertain at this stage. There's still a lot missing on WP but that doesn't stop me from using my phone it just means I'm limited.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

WP is wearable challenged... :p

MS needs to sort that out. Thankfully the market is still minute enough to get in early but they phone is lacking apps for the existing wearables. That needs to be fixed.

Of course some will never be compatible simply because they're tied to Apple.

If MSFT doesn't drop something before the Apple Watch is in stores, they're ****ed in wearables.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I think MSFT understands that it is going to be below 4% in USA, about 8% in EU and the real growth for it is in India, Brazil, Vietnam and other emerging economies and are truly focusing on what they believe is their growth area. No wonder Google released Android One in India first to combat the Nokia Lumia 520/525/530 phenomenon....

There are 24 countries in which wp sales have already crossed iPhone sales a long time ago, out of that 24, in 14 countries wp is no.2. I know its been really hard for wp in US, China & some other countries, but lets hope, it'll improve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)