WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I learned about Dia de Muertos in Spanish class in high school. It is celebrated on 31 October, 1 November and 2 November. We actually got a recipe for pan de muerto, and I baked it at home.

I wish I still had the recipe, since the bread was good.

I also wish I still remembered Spanish. Unfortunately, I forgot it, since I never used it after finishing the classes.

You should find the recipe online. Making bread is easy. The is no substitute for well made bread.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll check online. You're right about homemade bread being tasty. Kneading bread is a great stress reliever too.

I use a hand blender with dough hooks to do my bread. I can't seem to get a good enough result kneading. The important part with yeast bread (not sure if your's is) is letting it rise and prove. That's where all the nutrients come from.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I use a hand blender with dough hooks to do my bread. I can't seem to get a good enough result kneading. The important part with yeast bread (not sure if your's is) is letting it rise and prove. That's where all the nutrients come from.

It has to stay away from drafty areas too.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

All this talk of bread is making me think of the British bake off tv program the nation is obsessed with.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

All this talk of bread is making me think of the British bake off tv program the nation is obsessed with.

That's a bit more fancy. :p I'm not obsessed with it though the weekly review program is rather amusing.

Bread is a really simple thing to make and doing it well gives you a nice wholesome loaf which is far superior to that crap you buy at the stores. There are some that are not too bad but majority of them, even the 'in house' bakeries are not that good.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's a bit more fancy. :p I'm not obsessed with it though the weekly review program is rather amusing.

Bread is a really simple thing to make and doing it well gives you a nice wholesome loaf which is far superior to that crap you buy at the stores. There are some that are not too bad but majority of them, even the 'in house' bakeries are not that good.

For me I like the ultra thin roti that we typically eat from a particular region in India.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I like the smell of home made bread but I've never done it so well it tastes better than the shops.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ummm I like poppy seed muffin:3 I could never have enough of them . Funny thing is I never buy them I just wait till someone has it it to ask for some or if I'm at a hotel and they have them

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)