WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So...I finally played with the iPhone 6 and the 6+. I was...unimpressed. Look, I'm not hating on it, as it is a welcomed upgrade in a lot of ways from the 5S, but...

I put the iPhone 6 beside my N5 and the iPhone is a tad taller, yet with a smaller screen. It is kinda M8 length. It is light though. So that is nice. It is shaped comfortably too. The 6+ is big. But for me, in comparison to the Z Ultra and 1520 it is still tiny. I was chatting with a woman who was an Apple user who ordered the 6+.

She was like: "OMG! I ordered it online, but i didn't realize it was so big!" She was shocked, confused and unsure...of her purchase.

So I was like: "what's your concern?"

She talked about how she takes her current iPhone running, can it fit in a back pocket with her jeans on. So I told it is still thin enough, and she really didn't have much *** in the jeans (IMO, as it didn't look like she was wearing skinny jeans and her *** looked like and average size anyways) for it to bulge out and be uncomfortable. Yes, she tried to stick it in her jeans pocket as a slight test. I talked about the shrink feature where Apple allows for better one handed access. I suggested she get a thin case and wait to see what new armband to use as her accessory (hello Apple Watch!). Afterwards she felt better about her purchase and even thanked me for my comments.

These are the folks the iPhone is made for. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't for me. I'd rather use a Android device or WP, but I appreciate the size of the 5s more and wouldn't he unopposed to owning one just to keep a tabs on iOS.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
just hope it doesn't bend :p. to be honest I wouldn't buy a 6in apple phone because there isn't much of a difference between the iPad and the iPhone ( besides the obvious).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

just hope it doesn't bend :p. to be honest I wouldn't buy a 6in apple phone because there isn't much of a difference between the iPad and the iPhone ( besides the obvious).

I mean, Apple had to do this anyways. The multitasking on both is the same. The auto rotation on the 6+ is nice. And if Apple ever comes up with their version of a split screen, Samsung's Note series will really feel some heat.

Again, all in all...the 6 and 6+ are nice phones. I just doubt I'd buy one. Give me a Z3 Compact, a 1520/930 and a 5S, if I wanted something from all 3 OS. As it stands, I'm OK with Android and WP before I go back to iOS. At least with WP you can clear all notifications at once in the notification center, something you still cannot do in iOS.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I mean, Apple had to do this anyways. The multitasking on both is the same. The auto rotation on the 6+ is nice. And if Apple ever comes up with their version of a split screen, Samsung's Note series will really feel some heat.

Again, all in all...the 6 and 6+ are nice phones. I just doubt I'd buy one. Give me a Z3 Compact, a 1520/930 and a 5S, if I wanted something from all 3 OS. As it stands, I'm OK with Android and WP before I go back to iOS. At least with WP you can clear all notifications at once in the notification center, something you still cannot do in iOS.

You can do it in android as well. Interesting you can't on iOS.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

its because they are putting it in the wrong pocket. ;)

No no no. They designed it purposely that way to promote new and better phone cases. :p

You need a case for the iPhone otherwise it will break if you're not careful and sometimes even if you are.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It is Apple's answer to the LG Flex.....of course the amount of "flex" depends on the anatomy of one's posterior..... Hmmmm.....wonder how Kim Kardashian's iPhone 6 Plus would look?
Apple made self developing curved phone. :O

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 using Tapatalk.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I was thinking to buy an iPad, but now I won't, I don't want a curved tablet. I am a straight person who likes straight phones, not much stylish curves, though those curves can be customized according to a person's strength, I still prefer the old technology nokia phones.:p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I was thinking to buy an iPad, but now I won't, I don't want a curved tablet. I am a straight person who likes straight phones, not much stylish curves, though those curves can be customized according to a person's strength, I still prefer the old technology nokia phones.:p
You won't really bend iPad, well unless you manage to stuff it into your pocket ;)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyway, I will be heading to school right now, about an hour later then usually because I didn't have class the first hour :).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's just me but I find the idea that there is a phone called the 'Selfie' phone a bit silly. I mean, really? Are they going around calling all the low end and mid range Android phones that have front facing cameras 'Selfie' phones?

Sounds rather presumptuous if you ask me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077