WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If it was 3g wireless, it won't take so much time to download. India has the highest internet speed in the world, because more than 70% people here still use 2g on their phones. 3g wireless is only available in some areas, & only some companies offer it
I'm running WPC on 2g, lol. 3g is far too expensive in India. And I use a 512kbps Wi-Fi broadband connection at home. At least I used to, now that my family has shifted to Nagpur, I'm looking for a good ISP, at least better than mtnl lol. What would you suggest?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm running WPC on 2g, lol. 3g is far too expensive in India. And I use a 512kbps Wi-Fi broadband connection at home. At least I used to, now that my family has shifted to Nagpur, I'm looking for a good ISP, at least better than mtnl lol. What would you suggest?

Even I have to use 2g sometimes on my phone. At home I have unlimited internet, 6gb unlimited monthly(6.2 mbps speed) after the 6 Gb FUP applies & the speed is reduced to 157kbps! Actually I have photon max Wi-Fi, its good. Even I heard that Airtel provides a good speed. So you can buy Airtel or Tata photon.
I once considered to but photon 3g, but its only available in some parts in Bangalore & Delhi, not in Mumbai here. It has a whooping speed of 21mbps

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nokia Care Suite for Retail will be able to wipe your phone clean with the latest software/firmware. Just wait a month or so.

Thanks . I hope it comes out soon because I know for sure I'm going to missed glance on this phone .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks . I hope it comes out soon because I know for sure I'm going to missed glance on this phone .

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Glance. I get the feeling it won't be an option anymore.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

._. Well as long as it's able to get the flashed firmware I'll be happy .

I'm sure you'll be able to flash your phone. Kind of sad that they let things like this go on sale. MS has a tendency not to upgrade these products.

As for glance, I'm expecting (though not holding my breath) that you should be able to get a touch cover. I guess we'll see.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure you'll be able to flash your phone. Kind of sad that they let things like this go on sale. MS has a tendency not to upgrade these products.

As for glance, I'm expecting (though not holding my breath) that you should be able to get a touch cover. I guess we'll see.

I wonder why it would go on sale too . I also wondering how the person got it hold of these phones ?

Oh I will get that cover thingy . It looks cool and stylish.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Even I have to use 2g sometimes on my phone. At home I have unlimited internet, 6gb unlimited monthly(6.2 mbps speed) after the 6 Gb FUP applies & the speed is reduced to 157kbps! Actually I have photon max Wi-Fi, its good. Even I heard that Airtel provides a good speed. So you can buy Airtel or Tata photon.
I once considered to but photon 3g, but its only available in some parts in Bangalore & Delhi, not in Mumbai here. It has a whooping speed of 21mbps
Actually,I wanted a plan that gives 512kbps speed at all times(unlimited) for 600₹ or 1Mbps for ₹1000 like in mtnl. I just checked the bsnl website and saw the same plan, everything was same, even the price. But I'm hesitant about bsnl because its government owned, and their service isn't exactly good. I mean when I used to get a call on my mtnl Landline, the internet connection got disrupted. I thought that only happened on dial up connections, then I got to know that mtnl service is.....meh. How is bsnl broadband? Is the service good in general? I know you have photon, but still asking in general as I'm absolutely clue less, and don't want to end up regretting. 😊

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Actually,I wanted a plan that gives 512kbps speed at all times(unlimited) for 600₹ or 1Mbps for ₹1000 like in mtnl. I just checked the bsnl website and saw the same plan, everything was same, even the price. But I'm hesitant about bsnl because its government owned, and their service isn't exactly good. I mean when I used to get a call on my mtnl Landline, the internet connection got disrupted. I thought that only happened on dial up connections, then I got to know that mtnl service is.....meh. How is bsnl broadband? Is the service good in general? I know you have photon, but still asking in general as I'm absolutely clue less, and don't want to end up regretting. 😊

Well I can't say anything about bsnl. I used mtnl years before, its totally crap. Mostly how much data would you use monthly? If its around 3-4 Gb, there's photon for that. It's around ₹650 monthly. It also has 6gb unlimited monthly for ₹950. Airtel is even cheaper, I don't know the exact prices. Actually fully unlimited plans doesn't exist in India. All this mtnl, bsnl they just cheat users saying that its fully unlimited. In India you have FUP limit for different companies & those who say they provide fully unlimited, its not, its around 20-25gb. After the FUP limit the speed of mtnl, bsnl is worst, even less than 100kbps or 50kbps. But 20 Gb is a lot of data. Even you have reliance nowadays, but I don't trust reliance. Check different sites for the best internet services in India, you might get something useful.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Well I can't say anything about bsnl. I used mtnl years before, its totally crap. Mostly how much data would you use monthly? If its around 3-4 Gb, there's photon for that. It's around ₹650 monthly. It also has 6gb unlimited monthly for ₹950. Airtel is even cheaper, I don't know the exact prices. Actually fully unlimited plans doesn't exist in India. All this mtnl, bsnl they just cheat users saying that its fully unlimited. In India you have FUP limit for different companies & those who say they provide fully unlimited, its not, its around 20-25gb. After the FUP limit the speed of mtnl, bsnl is worst, even less than 100kbps or 50kbps. But 20 Gb is a lot of data. Even you have reliance nowadays, but I don't trust reliance. Check different sites for the best internet services in India, you might get something useful.
Actually three people in my family use the internet a lot-my dad(Office work), brother(networking) and myself. 20gb is easily used up lol. But MTNL speeds don't deteriorate after 20gb... It is truly unlimited. My modems log shows approx 40-50gb used monthly. The speed is a constant 512kbps, unlike mobile data plans in which the speed is 3mbps+ but only until 2gb or so, after which it reduces to 156kbps lol. I just enquired, seems Airtel broadband is not available in Nagpur :( some construction issues they say. Have to make do with either photon max Wi-Fi or bsnl.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion