WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looks like we're getting educated in India Internet companies. I guess I should pay attention in case I ever go there for work.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm, they seem to have changed the verbiage for Office 365... It now says you can use it on 5 PC's, PLUS 5 windows tablets.... Does the Surface Pro count as a PC or tablet??? I'm thinking that by tablet they mean Win RT... Anyone know?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow, you are in UK, why would you come to India? Any good reason except for work?

Actually both my wife and I are kind of fascinated by India and may come for a visit next year regardless. Believe it or not, people do like the idea of India. I like to travel and experience new places. I don't plan to get caught up in the nonsense there.

From the work side, I am coordinating work with our India offices in New Delhi so there is a chance I may need to go there at some stage.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm, they seem to have changed the verbiage for Office 365... It now says you can use it on 5 PC's, PLUS 5 windows tablets.... Does the Surface Pro count as a PC or tablet??? I'm thinking that by tablet they mean Win RT... Anyone know?

They could mean iPad and Android (soon to come). RT already has Office on it.

This is what it says -
5 PCs or Macs plus 5 iPads or Windows tablets

Maybe HP etc?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Actually three people in my family use the internet a lot-my dad(Office work), brother(networking) and myself. 20gb is easily used up lol. But MTNL speeds don't deteriorate after 20gb... It is truly unlimited. My modems log shows approx 40-50gb used monthly. The speed is a constant 512kbps, unlike mobile data plans in which the speed is 3mbps+ but only until 2gb or so, after which it reduces to 156kbps lol. I just enquired, seems Airtel broadband is not available in Nagpur :( some construction issues they say. Have to make do with either photon max Wi-Fi or bsnl.

So the FUP limit might be 60 Gb. Many companies have that limit. Some of my friends have MTNL, they say it has improved a lot. & you are right about BSNL, I would never trust a government owned company. Here only government jobs are the best(mostly permanent) & government only provides good services to them, otherwise overall its worst. So if I were you, I might give a try to MTNL again. Still if you want to use BSNL, go ahead, its just my opinion

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Actually both my wife and I are kind of fascinated by India and may come for a visit next year regardless. Believe it or not, people do like the idea of India. I like to travel and experience new places. I don't plan to get caught up in the nonsense there.

From the work side, I am coordinating work with our India offices in New Delhi so there is a chance I may need to go there at some stage.

That statement of yours was really funny, you don't want to get caught up in nonsense in India?lol
You are welcome, & by what are you fascinated about India?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That statement of yours was really funny, you don't want to get caught up in nonsense in India?lol
You are welcome, & by what are you fascinated about India?

I know it will be a culture shock compared to what I'm used to but I've been to a couple of places that's already done that. I'll do my best to avoid the nonsense, how's that sound?

I've seen quite a few shows on the history and different districts. It's a rather interesting place. So many influences from other places. I want to explore different parts. Visit different things. Be a bit of a tourist and a traveler. Eat some, hopefully good food. :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Was home for about an hour to eat something and do homework and I'm back on road, this time in a car, me and my father are going to pick up alloys for winter set of a car.
And I received repair kit for buttons.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you visit Big Temple, golden temple, Taj Mahal, the marina beach, the red fort, old fort, Agra fort, Qutb Minar, Jantar Mantar, etc and ride an elephant before going back to the UK. Lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you visit Big Temple, golden temple, Taj Mahal, the marina beach, the red fort, old fort, Agra fort, Qutb Minar, Jantar Mantar, etc and ride an elephant before going back to the UK. Lol

We probably won't do everything in one go. We know it's a big country and we won't have lots of time. So we'll have to go back unless I go there for a few weeks with work.

As for the elephant ride, not sure. Seems a bit too touristy to me.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well ones things for sure internet speed and coverage isn't as good ._. And here im complaining when I get 2g

sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This is going to feel like a long dat for me 😐.....I hope classes aren't boring though 😁
sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Classes, why do you expect them to be interesting? They are mostly boring. Only a few professors are an exception, whose classes are not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss