WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Classes, why do you expect them to be interesting? They are mostly boring. Only a few professors are an exception, whose classes are not.

It's unfortunate that part of becoming a 'teacher' isn't about learning to speak and being a professor doesn't automatically make you interesting.

Saying that, I'd love to go to university. Though I have no idea what to take. If I were rich I'd just take anything interesting to me. :p

Such is life.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

My college timings 8.45a.m to 4.30p.m
Reaching my college takes 2 hours from my home & 2 hours for coming back. So I win...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My college timings 8.45a.m to 4.30p.m
Reaching my college takes 2 hours from my home & 2 hours for coming back. So I win...

There's lots of people who commute fairly far to work here but I'm not one of them. Thankfully my commute is only 1/2hr each way.

I assume you sleep on the way there?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

It's unfortunate that part of becoming a 'teacher' isn't about learning to speak and being a professor doesn't automatically make you interesting.

Saying that, I'd love to go to university. Though I have no idea what to take. If I were rich I'd just take anything interesting to me. :p

Such is life.

Actually I had a professor in classes, he was very serious & had an excellent knowledge about the subject he taught. He used to pass comments on students who were a bit naughty & those who didn't pay attention during his class, his comments always had a double meaning, his insults were so epic that everyone would die laughing. & the person he insulted would feel very embarrassed. He was the best professor.

Interests do matter in life. Hence if a person not having interest in a particular subject would definitely find it boring.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

My commute is 20 miles each way... This morning, in an area where one lane is down for construction, a couple of @$$ Hats got in a wreck and another dumb **** ran out of gas... Took over an hour to make that 20 mile trip.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

There's lots of people who commute fairly far to work here but I'm not one of them. Thankfully my commute is only 1/2hr each way.

I assume you sleep on the way there?

Nah you cant, I have to change trains twice & also as my college timings are during peak hours, train is always full. Very few times its less crowded. My home is also far away from railway station, 30 minutes walking. My college to is far away, 45 minutes walking from the station. Sometimes me & my friends travel in auto rickshaw.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My commute is 20 miles each way... This morning, in an area where one lane is down for construction, a couple of @$$ Hats got in a wreck and another dumb **** ran out of gas... Took over an hour to make that 20 mile trip.

I used to have days like that. Thankfully I only have them when the trains decide not to work properly. Since this is the UK, it can be more frequent than not. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nah you cant, I have to change trains twice & also as my college timings are during peak hours, train is always full. Very few times its less crowded. My home is also far away from railway station, 30 minutes walking. My college to is far away, 45 minutes walking from the station. Sometimes me & my friends travel in auto rickshaw.

That really sucks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interests do matter in life. Hence if a person not having interest in a particular subject would definitely find it boring.

Most of my interests have cropped up later in life. However, none of them would probably make a good career.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

It takes me to go one way 15 minutes wit a scooter so you could say I'm lucky in this aspect.

Even I have a scooter, but I won't take it to my college as the main road near our college is under construction from last 3 years. There have been some municipality problems, due to which the construction is halted. So the tyres of a vehicle get easily punctured & hence many a times I have a problem getting a taxi or an auto rickshaw.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

It's a very long day. Too bad you couldn't live closer to your college. Not sure how viable that is of course. Seems like such a waste of time travelling so much.

Yes many of my friends & myself decide not to think much about our college, because if we do we get more frustrated. At the start, when we joined this college, for months we just kept cursing this college. But then we realized its of no use.... Some of my friends even come from more far off. The i realize that its nothing what i am going through. Many times i also feel jealous of the ones who come from nearby.
Nowadays even the weather is too hot. So more difficulty...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know it will be a culture shock compared to what I'm used to but I've been to a couple of places that's already done that. I'll do my best to avoid the nonsense, how's that sound?

I've seen quite a few shows on the history and different districts. It's a rather interesting place. So many influences from other places. I want to explore different parts. Visit different things. Be a bit of a tourist and a traveler. Eat some, hopefully good food. :)

Eating good food will not be a problem in India just don't drink the water unless it is bottled:)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes many of my friends & myself decide not to think much about our college, because if we do we get more frustrated. At the start, when we joined this college, for months we just kept cursing this college. But then we realized its of no use.... Some of my friends even come from more far off. The i realize that its nothing what i am going through. Many times i also feel jealous of the ones who come from nearby.
Nowadays even the weather is too hot. So more difficulty...

In the UK, North America and Australia (just to name some places that I know) young people sometimes live together in a place and split the costs so that they can live closer to where they want to be. Whether this is college or work. When going to college they get part time jobs to help with costs.

I know the culture is a bit different in India so no idea if that works there. It's very common here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234