WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rye, I do like the improved design of the Z3, but I'm in total agreement of a review (probably Forbes) who says the improved design increased ergonomically at the expense of Sony's distinct style that set it apart from the rest of the Android offerings.

I'm used to the sharp design of the Z2, so that's not an issue for me. It is a matter of cost at this point. I figure both the Z2 and Z3C will give me good performance.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

I just finished the review of the Z3 Compact. On the whole it sounds good. However, the ?429.95 price tag seems a bit high at this stage. The Z3 at ?549.95 is way too expensive.

Since I'm in no hurry I hope to see these prices come down some. I am still giving MS a chance to pull their finger out before I decide to move. I noticed on the release of the L830 in India a lot of people seem to be unhappy about the price and there's some people of course sticking up for the phone.

The price here for the L830 is ?305 which is not bad I guess.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I just finished the review of the Z3 Compact. On the whole it sounds good. However, the ?429.95 price tag seems a bit high at this stage. The Z3 at ?549.95 is way too expensive.

Since I'm in now hurry I hope to see these prices come down some. I am still giving MS a chance to pull their finger out before I decide to move. I noticed on the release of the L830 in India a lot of people seem to be unhappy about the price and there's some people of course sticking up for the phone.

The price here for the L830 is ?305 which is not bad I guess.
Try Clove or Handtec prices seem to be cheaper there. But then I suspect that VAT is driving the price up for you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Try Clove or Handtec prices seem to be cheaper there. But then I suspect that VAT is driving the price up for you.

Yeah VAT sucks. Clove is a bit cheaper on the Z3 but on the Z3 compact the price is pretty good. For ?50 more you get a phone that makes the L830 look expensive indeed.

The Handtec prices are similar to Clove.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was just about to say that VAT is probably the issue. If I didn't get the OPO for my friend I probably would have early adopted the Z3 Compact, as it is same price to start out I paid for my Z Ultra in February. That means the price should settle nicely. I'm used to crappy battery life as is so I can hold out for a little bit with the N5.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was just about to say that VAT is probably the issue. If I didn't get the OPO for my friend I probably would have early adopted the Z3 Compact, as it is same price to start out I paid for my Z Ultra in February. That means the price should settle nicely. I'm used to crappy battery life as is so I can hold out for a little bit with the N5.

I'll post a picture in the afternoon for you as far as Nexus 5 is concerned.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope I don't scratch the screen of my 830 . I bought a screen protector yesterday and should be getting here today .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is interesting how has humans we can adapt to situations easily. For instance, because I've gotten in the habit of using different screen sizes, my eyes can jump from using the Z Ultra to the N5 to the 925 without that initial shock.

Having learned how to one hand the Z Ultra, anything smaller, even the 1520, I can now use one handed pretty well. It helps to have big mitts, but still it is interesting...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I hope I don't scratch the screen of my 830 . I bought a screen protector yesterday and should be getting here today .

Get a case as well. And I would say, get everything sorted out before you start using it as a daily driver. Also did you run a Speed test? Hopefully you'll get LTE on the bus as you get closer to school.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

How's it to use a bigger screen? Have you gotten any compliments with the 830 yet?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It is interesting how has humans we can adapt to situations easily. For instance, because I've gotten in the habit of using different screen sizes, my eyes can jump from using the Z Ultra to the N5 to the 925 without that initial shock.

Having learned how to one hand the Z Ultra, anything smaller, even the 1520, I can now use one handed pretty well. It helps to have big mitts, but still it is interesting...

I think the N5 is about as big as I'll go so even the iPhone 6 is an almost no no for me☺ I think the 830 and Z3C are sized correctly.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I Will say this . After the update to denim the camera really is fast . Not sure how they did it but they delivered and were telling the truth about the speed improvement

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Get a case as well. And I would say, get everything sorted out before you start using it as a daily driver. Also did you run a Speed test? Hopefully you'll get LTE on the bus as you get closer to school.

Ima see after today if I need a case or not but screen protector is a must for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire