WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Holy Indian Ocean! Had expected a pond! :grincry:

Thanks anyway. I read it drop by drop. Some of the things just passed away asymptotically! :smile:

You're welcome. Been following this stuff for years so I gave you a summary...stuff you can find out tech sites like gsmarena and phone arena quite easily if you read them daily like i do...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This is where it gets tricky. Technically, the government doesn't pay for a termination of pregnancy. What happens is that a woman who is on medicaid (one form of government offered insurance) and chooses to terminate a pregnancy gets it paid for based on how the doctor bills the insurance...it is a specialty appointment so it is coded that way. There are some private insurances, especially ones that are sponsored by faith based organizations that don't cover a termination. It can be paid for by cash if the female is either ineligible for insurance or her insurance doesn't cover it and the rates depend on far along in the pregnancy the female is. Each state in the US has specific laws governing up until how long within the course of a pregnancy a termination is legally allowed. NY, and NJ it is 24weeks. Cali (your state) is about the same. Some states in the south, like Texas, have it as 20 weeks. These laws cover not only those situations a termination can arise in situations you described above, but also the more common situation I see with patients where I work: it was simply an unplanned and often unintended pregnancy due to either incorrect contraceptive use or flat out no contraception was used.

There is no correlation between who pays for it and all of a sudden there is an increase in demand for it. It is not that kind of service and too many people still have that misnomer.

Again, I'll stop here. I can send your privately a ton of resources to explore this topic and why as a guy it is important to be familiar with this information.

huh i was under the impression that medicaid didn't cover terminations. i guess there are moral and legal reason why its not covered ....yet. i bet it will be changed in my life time. sure my class is pro choice and that's fine but the way a person put it " might as well put it out of its misery " makes me think that's why its not covered under medicaid . its seen as a normal thing in today society and that's whats boggles my mind.
does that mean if it become part of medicaid would more people chose that as an easy way out for teens or people are aren't careful i can see people thinking " lets terminate it because its easier and we did it last time"

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
with all that happening is there a possibility that she might not be able to have a baby again ?
well then thats interesting and i didn't know all that is implicated.

Yes, but it is case by case. I've worked with clients (I don't see these numbers but occasionally) previous who have had high numbers. I remember one girl who was 24, had gotten pregnant 10 times and only had 3 kids. Or another patient who was 22 had gotten pregnant 8 times with no kids. In situations like this especially, contraception is highly stressed. As you saw in the class, the lining of the uterus is made up of tiny blood vessels and why there is some risk is that it can potentially get harder for the zygote to implant successfully in women with high termination numbers.

Again a lot of this is very technical medical information that I'm watering down and sharing. My point is there is a lot that surrounds this topic on a medical, legal and psychosocial level.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

huh i was under the impression that medicaid didn't cover terminations. i guess there are moral and legal reason why its not covered ....yet. i bet it will be changed in my life time. sure my class is pro choice and thats fine but the way a person put it " might as well put it out of its misery " makes me think thats why its not covered under medicaid . its seen as a normal thing in today society .

Um, dude. I just told you medical DOES cover it. Along how it DOES cover it. From the inside perspective, no less.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes, but it is case by case. I've worked with clients (I don't see these numbers but occasionally) previous who have had high numbers. I remember one giro who was 24, had gotten pregnant 10 time and only had 3 kids. Or another patient who had gotten pregnant 8 times with no kids. In situations like this especially, contraception is highly stressed. As you saw in the class, the lining of the uterus is made up of tiny blood vessels and why there is some risk is that it can potentially get harder for the zygote to implant successfully in women with high termination numbers.

Again a lot of this is very technical medical information that I'm watering down and sharing. My point is there is a lot that surrounds this topic on a medical, legal and psychosocial level.

so much things to think about just for termination . i was more of a " dont terminate the baby no matter what" now im like well she should have a choice but just make sure you think about this

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

so much things to think about just for termination . i was more of a " dont terminate the baby no matter what" now im like well she should have a choice but just make you think about this

It is a lot to think about. Remember, I am one of many medical professionals who provide pregnancy options counseling on a dsily basis across the country to different women at different ages groups and different points in their lives (my happen to work exclusively with teens and young adults but my training could have me work with someone my age or my GF's age). Each pregnancy for each woman is different and each pregnancy for women who get pregnant more than once is different too.

I'm glad your outlook is a little different. I can send you an article to read on how men and gender roles influence many women in different cultures across the globe on reproductive issues such as contraception, STI testing, when to have kids, etc. It is a fascinating read.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone, I have a slight dilemma....#firstworldproblems

810 is acting up and am torn between buying a RM-984 Lumia 830 online and the prototype RM-985 Lumia 830 on eBay. In the meantime, which one to choose?

WP_20141002_003.jpg
WP_20141002_021.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
ops i passed by it :confused: i was reading and thinking at the same time

I figured. As I said, I condensed a lot of clinical experience, medical and legal information and research articles into a few long *** WPCentral posts. Rue and 99 can confirm many of these details via their own knowledge bases. It is a deep, loaded and highly controversial topic that opinions are best formed after careful reading and research.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

810 is acting up and am torn between buying a RM-984 Lumia 830 online and the prototype RM-985 Lumia 830 on eBay. In the meantime, which one to choose?

View attachment 83242
View attachment 83243

Lol. I'd buy that prototype that Sahib has for the 830, since we know it'll get the updates eventually and it does have t-mo AWS support. I mean, you're already used to long waits for update since you own a 810...

I'd pick the N5 that has the bigger storage. If both of those have 16GB, I'd use the RED one. Surprisingly, I've seen a ton of white N5s...including setting next to a guy with one one the bus Monday morning when I went to get that OPO from the Post Office...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 83242
View attachment 83243
Red, considering Lumia I would play it safe and buy the official one. If there isn't to big difference between them in price obviously ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 using Tapatalk.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Red, considering Lumia I would play it safe and buy the official one. If there isn't to big difference between them in price obviously ;)

If the RM-894 doesn't have AWS, he shouldn't get it...especially of AWS LTE is what he wants. Sahib's one has the LTE on it and that's the prototype. Sahib, 99 and I use T-Mobile.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

If the RM-894 doesn't have AWS, he shouldn't get it...especially of AWS LTE is what he wants. Sahib's one has the LTE on it and that's the prototype. Sahib, 99 and I use T-Mobile.

What is AWS? Yeah sorry, I'm consistently forgetting that you in USA have a bit bigger problems with carriers than we have here.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

and its awesome ! it really was worth buying this phone. just no glance.... for now but everything works flawlessly on my phone

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What is AWS? Yeah sorry, I'm consistently forgetting that you in USA have a bit bigger problems with carriers than we have here.

T-mobile USA uses the 1700 band aka AWS for its LTE network. For instance my Z Ultra has the 1700 band so I get HSPA+ and LTE speeds. My 925 doesn't have the 1700 band so I get mostly H and maybe a H+ speed (usually in NYC, not the dead zone that is my neighborhood in NJ). So ideally, sahib, 99 and I want unlocked phones (as former 810 users who were ****ed over by T-Mobile and their lack of support for the Lumia 810) that have the AWS support so we are free of career bloat and enjoy the benefits of his speed carrier service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb