WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You don't need to be a good artist to learn engineering drawing, ever used AutoCAD?

Well I'm slightly insulted. You need a very good imagination to do engineering drawings well. It may be technical but you need to be able to imagine how the drawing translates to the real world.

I know AutoCAD (over 15 years), MicroStation, PDS (3D) and SmartPlant 3D.

Most large projects are using 3D packages these days in the industrial sector. I can't comment about other sectors because I'm not in them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The last post you made :eek: about you not getting attached with tech

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My comment wasn't just about phones silly. :p

How can I put this? What most consumers don't realise is that the current tech they're getting is already old compared to what's been developed. We're about two to three years behind (possibly more) development and each 'new' phone or tech is purposely staged to reap the biggest profits from consumers.

This is why I have no loyalty to any corporation. We're all being taken for a ride regardless what company you want to support. People complain about Apple but every tech company does the same thing.

That was my point. My other point was that I'm simply not a remorseful person. I don't look fondly back at old tech because I remember the headaches it typically have me to do simply things.

I guess growing up in a non digital age and moving into one might have something to do with it. Not sure.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

How can I put this? What most consumers don't realise is that the current tech they're getting is already old compared to what's been developed. We're about two to three years behind (possibly more) development and each 'new' phone or tech is purposely staged to reap the biggest profits from consumers.

This is why I have no loyalty to any corporation. We're all being taken for a ride regardless what company you want to support. People complain about Apple but every tech company does the same thing.

That was my point. My other point was that I'm simply not a remorseful person. I don't look fondly back at old tech because I remember the headaches it typically have me to do simply things.

I guess growing up in a non digital age and moving into one might have something to do with it. Not sure.
I wholly support Nintendo doing this, lol.

The Wii and Wii U was based off six year-old (or older) technology by the time they hit the market in 2006, and 2012, respectively.
...and the 3DS? Weaker than a Nokia N8, which lower-res screens to boot.

But, I don't care. The ride's been fun.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

The lead time isn't as much as 3 years, it's on average 18 months. Some companies have lead times as short as 6 months.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm slightly insulted. You need a very good imagination to do engineering drawings well. It may be technical but you need to be able to imagine how the drawing translates to the real world.

I know AutoCAD (over 15 years), MicroStation, PDS (3D) and SmartPlant 3D.

Most large projects are using 3D packages these days in the industrial sector. I can't comment about other sectors because I'm not in them.

I agree, but only imagination, engineering drawing doesn't require much of intelligence/mugging up something. Don't feel insulted, even I like engineering drawing, its a good subject. & these softwares are for your vast imaginations

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree, but only imagination, engineering drawing doesn't require much of intelligence/mugging up something. Don't feel insulted, even I like engineering drawing, its a good subject. & these softwares are for your vast imaginations

Since you're a student I'll forgive your ignorance however you're talking to someone who's been doing this for over 20 years. I work on multimillion/multi-billion dollar projects.

Funny how you say I shouldn't be insulted but you went and insulted me even more. :p

It doesn't take much intelligence or skill to do technical drawings? On top of that not much imagination? Really? So if I showed you some of the drawings I deal with you should be able to:

1 - understand them
2 - duplicate them
3 - do it right
4- ensure they work in real world situations

If you can't do any of these then you should stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Yes AutoCAD is a great tool but if a person is using it that doesn't know anything technical then it's just a drawing program. You might as well use paint or some other drawing program.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Since you're a student I'll forgive your ignorance however you're talking to someone who's been doing this for over 20 years. I work on multimillion/multi-billion dollar projects.

Funny how you say I shouldn't be insulted but you went and insulted me even more. :p

It doesn't take much intelligence or skill to do technical drawings? On top of that not much imagination? Really? So if I showed you some of the drawings I deal with you should be able to:

1 - understand them
2 - duplicate them
3 - do it right
4- ensure they work in real world situations

If you can't do any of these then you should stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Yes AutoCAD is a great tool but if a person is using it that doesn't know anything technical then it's just a drawing program. You might as well use paint or some other drawing program.

I agree, you are a lot more experienced. It takes skills for technical drawings, but just it was more simpler to me as you don't have to think much compared to other subjects which I study.

AutoCAD can never be compared with paint

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Tech -> more advanced fishing gears -> more fish.

But how can a penguin use tech-advanced gears? :p

Yes, even I am confused about that, lets just say he's a smart penguin. Not only phones are getting smart, but penguins are getting smart too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss