WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So you're not out to be a network engineer then?

When I think of engineer I think of a student who has their B.S degree in that . As for me not so much . I was thought about networking and Cisco routers and switches so I could get my A.S degree in that .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What companies are you targeting to get a position at?

Actually there's more than 2 years for placements, I have decided some good companies to work at, but I'll take them after earning some experience. Instead initially I'll go to small companies where I get lot of work experience & then move to huge ones. Because you are just confined to a particular post in huge companies, so for earning experience we have to work in upcoming companies which gives us a burden to work with & then we can move on. I am looking for some good internships now, hopefully I'll get one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually there's more than 2 years for placements, I have decided some good companies to work at, but I'll take them after earning some experience. Instead initially I'll go to small companies where I get lot of work experience & then move to huge ones. Because you are just confined to a particular post in huge companies, so for earning experience we have to work in upcoming companies which gives us a burden to work with & then we can move on. I am looking for some good internships now, hopefully I'll get one.

Not all large companies are like that. Some are better than others.

I did electronics in school as well but there were no jobs when I graduated so moved into electrical. More money. :p

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Not all large companies are like that. Some are better than others.

I did electronics in school as well but there were no jobs when I graduated so moved into electrical. More money. :p

Actually all the huge companies are good, good package everything's good. I'll have to switch some in the start to gain experience.
I am also hoping to give GRE to help me get better jobs

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually all the huge companies are good, good package everything's good. I'll have to switch some in the start to gain experience.
I am also hoping to give GRE to help me get better jobs

I wouldn't recommend switching and changing too much at the start. It doesn't look good on your CV even if you feel you have a valid reason. In the company I work for there's a graduate program and most are expected to stick with the company as part of their contract and I think a certain period of time after completion. It's considered poor form to leave prior to that unless you have a very good reason to.

Experience comes in all forms so your best bet it to find a company that supports growth of it's employees. Small companies can be frustrating by wanting too much out of their employees and some large companies can be complacent. When you interview for any position it's best to research the company and see if you can gain any insights from employees on how they feel about working for that company.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

So what are you doing right now? Hmm, let me deduce from your photo... you appear to be a high school student.... Am I right?

Don't mind please!! :eck:

It's good to change the profile picture at such a point!

Last edited:

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't recommend switching and changing too much at the start. It doesn't look good on your CV even if you feel you have a valid reason. In the company I work for there's a graduate program and most are expected to stick with the company as part of their contract and I think a certain period of time after completion. It's considered poor form to leave prior to that unless you have a very good reason to.

Experience comes in all forms so your best bet it to find a company that supports growth of it's employees. Small companies can be frustrating by wanting too much out of their employees and some large companies can be complacent. When you interview for any position it's best to research the company and see if you can gain any insights from employees on how they feel about working for that company.

Yeah I know. Lets still hope for the best. Anyways thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss