WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Question ... Would it be a good idea to lower the, drinking age to 18 like they have it in Europe ?
The reason why I ask is because today in class the topic of lecture was addiction. The main argument was if you let kids drink at an earlier age they won't be prone to abuse it when they get older
sent from my rare linux distro 830

Actually that's incorrect. There are technically two drinking ages. One at 16 for beer and one at 18 for all other alcohol. There's even a couple of counties that have an age of 14 for beer. Some are just 18.

As for my opinion. I personally think having a drinking age of 21 is silly because the vast majority of kids would have had alcohol or even got drunk long before that. As someone pointed out you're considered an adult at 18 legally so what's the issue?

Saying all that, from a health point of view, something most young people don't think about, it's very damaging to you mentally and physically. Most mind development continues until 25ish but keep in mind that your mind never stops changing. On top of that alcohol damages liver function, blood, etc if used excessively, which most young people do. The idea of a party without excessive drinking to most young people is just silly. That's part of the problem.

I've never been a big drinker myself and I only drink with company or on occasions. My wife and I have the rare occasion where we'll have a drink together of wine or something else.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Actually that's incorrect. There are technically two drinking ages. One at 16 for beer and one at 18 for all other alcohol. There's even a couple of counties that have an age of 14 for beer. Some are just 18.

As for my opinion. I personally think having a drinking age of 21 is silly because the vast majority of kids would have had alcohol or even got drunk long before that. As someone pointed out you're considered an adult at 18 legally so what's the issue?

Saying all that, from a health point of view, something most young people don't think about, it's very damaging to you mentally and physically. Most mind development continues until 25ish but keep in mind that your mind never stops changing. On top of that alcohol damages liver function, blood, etc if used excessively, which most young people do. The idea of a party without excessive drinking to most young people is just silly. That's part of the problem.

I've never been a big drinker myself and I only drink with company or on occasions. My wife and I have the rare occasion where we'll have a drink together of wine or something else.
18 here but not a big problem to buy alcohol even if you aren't. And 21 is late.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 using Tapatalk.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's true. I don't think anyone mentioned that or even thought about it

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You don't have to because I asked MSFTisMIA to go there:)

I'll pass. I may end saying Sahib paying for our drinks is like a dude fall out of a boat in the middle of the ocean and hitting a rock and still being unable to get wet...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'll pass. I may end saying Sahib paying for our drinks is like a dude fall out of a boat in the middle of the ocean and hitting a rock and still being unable to get wet...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

What ._. I Didn't get it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I've never drank alcohol, not even a beer.

See that explains why I'm innocent. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so looks like google voice is a competitor to imessage now. now it can send MMS. dang it msft this is what Skype could of been :/

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

So the weather here is too much cloudy, it also rained here in the morning at around 6 a.m.

Sent from my dark knight 1320

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel