WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Morning folks. So my cousin stood me up yesterday...I waited 90 minutes only to have her call me while on NJ Transit to apologize saying she forgot that we were to meet up.

On the plus side, it was eons since I was in Grand Central...and I met this really gorgeous Swiss girl whose English was actually pretty good. I offered to let her use my portable charger for her S4 which was almost dead. We both were waiting for someone to show up...her girlfriends ran late. She mentioned to me that it was her last night in NYC and she was in the US for 2 months and spent time in Santa Monica and San Diego. She looked younger than me...I'd guess she was 22-25 (not in the age bracket I'd go for if I was single).

I must admit her friends were cute too when they showed up...they gave me the "who is this guy look". Yes, I didn't take a contact info because I didn't want it. Sometimes random conversations with strangers are meant to go no further than that. She was somewhat surprised I didn't try to hit on her and that made her more comfortable to chat.

Moral of the story...Sahib, it is easy enough to talk to girls. You're in college, so stop whiffing and being almost on these opportunities...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I want a copper Z3. I may settle for a white Z3 Compact. I don't think I lose either way, but it is a tough choice when I can get a black Z2 for the same price as the Z3 Compact.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Guess it is a quite morning here on the thread as Rue may be settling into time off...?

I find it interesting what MSFT is doing. I hope they have a solid flagship lined up for next year as it feels like there's this wired holding pattern lull happening. I think they're running a risk losing adopters, but that's just me. I'm sure their analytics have factored all of this in, so I won't lose sleep over that. But still...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As much as I like the N5 and Z Ultra, their s800 processor really shows its age whenever you push it. It'll blow through battery life like a jilted spouse aiming to wipe you out in divorce court. The Z can barely get me through the day. I can flip on Stamina mode if I need it, but that defeats the purpose for me a little bit.

That's why I don't trust the 930's battery.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Guess it is a quite morning here on the thread as Rue may be settling into time off...?

No I'm hanging around. No point pulling a Sahib and talking to myself. :p I was at lunch when you came on.

Not many people posting here at the moment.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I find it interesting what MSFT is doing. I hope they have a solid flagship lined up for next year as it feels like there's this wired holding pattern lull happening. I think they're running a risk losing adopters, but that's just me. I'm sure their analytics have factored all of this in, so I won't lose sleep over that. But still...

They've been at the possibility of losing adopters since day one. Let's face it, WP is great if you're not into the latest and greatest apps (in the 'western' economies). If they tackled that issue alone they would have a larger market share. Without that they're pretty much standing still. You can have a great phone (aside from the L1520 there really isn't any) but with out the great ecosystem to go with it you're pretty much not competing as you don't have much to offer.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

As much as I like the N5 and Z Ultra, their s800 processor really shows its age whenever you push it. It'll blow through battery life like a jilted spouse aiming to wipe you out in divorce court. The Z can barely get me through the day. I can flip on Stamina mode if I need it, but that defeats the purpose for me a little bit.

That's why I don't trust the 930's battery.

I find the S800 to be fine unless gaming.
It's the cellular radio chip that's a battery sucking demon :s

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. So my cousin stood me up yesterday...I waited 90 minutes only to have her call me while on NJ Transit to apologize saying she forgot that we were to meet up.

On the plus side, it was eons since I was in Grand Central...and I met this really gorgeous Swiss girl whose English was actually pretty good. I offered to let her use my portable charger for her S4 which was almost dead. We both were waiting for someone to show up...her girlfriends ran late. She mentioned to me that it was her last night in NYC and she was in the US for 2 months and spent time in Santa Monica and San Diego. She looked younger than me...I'd guess she was 22-25 (not in the age bracket I'd go for if I was single).

I must admit her friends were cute too when they showed up...they gave me the "who is this guy look". Yes, I didn't take a contact info because I didn't want it. Sometimes random conversations with strangers are meant to go no further than that. She was somewhat surprised I didn't try to hit on her and that made her more comfortable to chat.

Moral of the story...Sahib, it is easy enough to talk to girls. You're in college, so stop whiffing and being almost on these opportunities...

Good story sucks that you got stood up .
Anyways this is one the times when I can't really say much of anything here but "yeah your right "

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They've been at the possibility of losing adopters since day one. Let's face it, WP is great if you're not into the latest and greatest apps (in the 'western' economies). If they tackled that issue alone they would have a larger market share. Without that they're pretty much standing still. You can have a great phone (aside from the L1520 there really isn't any) but with out the great ecosystem to go with it you're pretty much not competing as you don't have much to offer.

Well, that's how it is. I still like WP, don't get me wrong. It is just in a weird place right now. All the values I liked about it are getting replaced with some weird type stuff that's market driven but not necessarily a better product

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, that's how it is. I still like WP, don't get me wrong. It is just in a weird place right now. All the values I liked about it are getting replaced with some weird type stuff that's market driven but not necessarily a better product

I think their choices are based on several factors as to why things changed but yes I'll agree with that. WP isn't what it used to be and some of the changes are just there because that's what people were used to having.

I could have cared less about the changes to the interface, the customization, the notification centre. All nice to have but who really cares? Just bring the stupid apps already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077