WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Do mods really ban people for complaining about someone in the forums?lol

Mods ban people for being aggressive, abusive and insulting to others. Usually they'll give warnings before banning someone unless that person is being seen to do nothing but that.

The are of course other reasons to ban people, like continuously trolling.

If the receive complaints from people than obviously it's up to them if that person should be banned.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Talking about Android won't get you banned. There nothing wrong with that. Being a disrespectful person will.

This is a friendly forum not XDA, not 4chan not Reddit.

There's nothing wrong with people having opinions, and looking something different it's all in his you express them.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Talking about Android won't get you banned. There nothing wrong with that. Being a disrespectful person will.

There's nothing wrong with people having opinions, and looking something different it's all in his you express them.

Agreed.

Earlier this week, I found a guy asking for help on his Lumia 1520. Don't know why but his Lumia was in Japanese, and he was unable to find out the language settings. I was about to help him... Then I found out that he was a total troll. Asked for help but acted like a superior to others. Referred to the guys helping him as "moron", "dumb@$$", "fck" and whatever inappropriate and aggressive.

I was irritated. Went aggressive at him, reported him... And a mod deleted all of our posts there lol. Don't know if he was banned. :p

Btw, what's going on with all that banning thing?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You are right, but talking about Android in every thread, even when the OP has clearly stated that he wants WP, there are some people giving him Android options. Also those people take the threads off the topic by talking about Android in every thread, even when the thread isn't remotely related to Android. Even after telling such people to go to android central, they still keep coming back with their useless arguments. Is all this justified?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed.

Earlier this week, I found a guy asking for help on his Lumia 1520. Don't know why but his Lumia was in Japanese, and he was unable to find out the language settings. I was about to help him... Then I found out that he was a total troll. Asked for help but acted like a superior to others. Referred to the guys helping him as "moron", "dumb@$$", "fck" and whatever inappropriate and aggressive.

I was irritated. Went aggressive at him, reported him... And a mod deleted all of our posts there lol. Don't know if he was banned. :p

Btw, what's going on with all that banning thing?

No idea. I get the impression Vaibhav got banned under his other name. Not sure why as I wasn't around and don't know the thread he's referring to.

Logging in as a new user and complaining on here isn't a way to help yourself.

The best thing to do with trolls is report them. End of story.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You are right, but talking about Android in every thread, even when the OP has clearly stated that he wants WP, there are some people giving him Android options. Also those people take the threads off the topic by talking about Android in every thread, even when the thread isn't remotely related to Android. Even after telling such people to go to android central, they still keep coming back with their useless arguments. Is all this justified?

Again, simple thing to do is to report them to the mods. Don't engage them. Just report them. If all they're doing is trolling let the mods know. Having long winded arguments with aggression rising doesn't help. Best thing to do with trolls is to ignore them. They usually go away.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well I have to say... that party did me some good..... no parents , new people I didn't know, new girls I met and danced with. i got to take advantage of that situation because the guys that were there didn't ask the girls to dance. so i did what they should of done and asked them out to dance :evil:.
looks like im a different person when im at parties. more confidence ;)

Did you get any phone numbers though? I don't care about pictures or it didn't happen, I only care about phone numbers and new friends made...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

(Walks into a Lumia Icon thread filled with users crying over their EOL'ed phone with 2 other WP8 models held aloft). "Sure looks glum around here..." I say with a smile.
Someone looks up and says: "what are those? "
"T-mobile's HTC 8x stuck on Portico and T-Mobile's Lumia 810 stuck on Amber. Welcome to the club..."

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Nah, I wasn't complaining, just wanted to tell my story. Also, luckily I didn't get banned, and this is my only account. :p

Well then, I will better report them.

We all have only one account here. Some may have 2, but majority have 1.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, not all penguins are the same, because you are the only one not similar to the rest, see? Actually, you are the only pengie able to use a phone, that's enough to make you stand out of the crowd, eh?

I'm teaching Mrs. The Penguin how to use a phone, see. Ship to shore by radio is out of date, see.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Did you get any phone numbers though? I don't care about pictures or it didn't happen, I only care about phone numbers and new friends made...

.... How does getting 3 numbers work for you ;) . Not sure how that happened but I was on fire ! :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, not all penguins are the same, because you are the only one not similar to the rest, see? Actually, you are the only pengie able to use a phone, that's enough to make you stand out of the crowd, eh?

Lol bringing logic into penguin

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

(Walks into a Lumia Icon thread filled with users crying over their EOL'ed phone with 2 other WP8 models held aloft). "Sure looks glum around here..." I say with a smile.
Someone looks up and says: "what are those? "
"T-mobile's HTC 8x stuck on Portico and T-Mobile's Lumia 810 stuck on Amber. Welcome to the club..."

Should of saw this conning . Im glad that I have an option to buy a phone that isn't tied to a carrier unlike Verizon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte