WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I blame the carriers for the update process . At least the global variants have a better shot at getting updates .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everything is still subjected to consumers buying the product. It doesn't matter from whom, if MSFT puts out something compelling OS wise and their OEM partners matches it with good hardware, people will buy it. If it is in demand enough, the carrier versions will sell and it means the carriers will allow for updates.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Everything is still subjected to consumers buying the product. It doesn't matter from whom, if MSFT puts out something compelling OS wise and their OEM partners matches it with good hardware, people will buy it. If it is in demand enough, the carrier versions will sell and it means the carriers will allow for updates.

:/ still kinda lame that carriers would do it for the money .

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

._. Well what did you want me to say :p? I could of said " I bet they did forget me :( " at least I'm trying now

You should pop your collar and show confidenence in yourself.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired. Still leaning towards a Z2. Ideally want a Z3, but there's no money for that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess it would be nice to receive updates. that way I wouldn't mind giving my money to a carrier

No guarantees there either when you're dealing with an OEM directly. Just your odds are a bit better to get a bit better mileage from your device that way.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

No guarantees there either when you're dealing with an OEM directly. Just your odds are a bit better to get a bit better mileage from your device that way.

well this is a crappy situation that oems and carriers put on consumers

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well this is a crappy situation that oems and carriers put on consumers

Indeed. That's why the best defense for a consumer is to be as educated as possible. Apple gets to charge crazy money because their terms are stuff people have been sold to accept: tight rein on an experience that seemingly works well for those who buy into it. MSFT was onto what Apple knows...people want stuff to simply work, and if you offer a good version of a means to that end, people will buy. MSFT hasn't figured out how to execute with that yet.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Indeed. That's why the best defense for a consumer is to be as educated as possible. Apple gets to charge crazy money because their terms are stuff people have been sold to accept: tight rein on an experience that seemingly works well for those who buy into it. MSFT was onto what Apple knows...people want stuff to simply work, and if you offer a good version of a means to that end, people will buy. MSFT hasn't figured out how to execute with that yet.

I think it was that people expected wp to be like android but that didn't happen. so the minority complained to msft and msft caved. msft changed from " the just works mentality " to the add lots of features and fix them later

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yup, and nobody gave a **** when we were looking to do that over the 810 and by extension the t-mo 8X.

Im not sure what to think but so far Verizon is showing the warning signs that they will EOL it soon after they update the icon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05