WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What's in a name, whatsoever! Those who know, they understand it. And also we use metric system :D

Thought you were going to quote Shakespeare.

I'm originally from Canada and we use metric. Most currencies I know are base 10. Not sure about all currencies as I haven't been everywhere. The UK wasn't base 10 until a few years back.

The UK is a mix of metric and imperial measurements. However in engineering and science is all metric.

The US is not metric but it's creeping in slowly.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thought you were going to quote Shakespeare.

I'm originally from Canada and we use metric. Most currencies I know are base 10. Not sure about all currencies as I haven't been everywhere. The UK wasn't base 10 until a few years back.

The UK is a mix of metric and imperial measurements. However in engineering and science is all metric.

The US is not metric but it's creeping in slowly.

This!
People are slowly getting drinks in 500ml and 1L and 2L bottles. Milk is still a gallon.
The ironic thing is that the US was one of the first countries to introduce a 100 pennies = $1 currency (metric) but then...it is a long story. NPR had a really cool series about the push in the 70s to switch to metric and then for some reason abandoning it...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This!
People are slowly getting drinks in 500ml and 1L and 2L bottles. Milk is still a gallon.
The ironic thing is that the US was one of the first countries to introduce a 100 pennies = $1 currency (metric) but then...it is a long story. NPR had a really cool series about the push in the 70s to switch to metric and then for some reason abandoning it...

The US will be metric one day. Just a matter of time. Sciences and engineering are slowly moving that way. The rest will follow. My guess is that a lot of hold back was from the work needed to change and tradition plays a large part as well. With more things becoming digital the change over will be less painful.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This!
i still don't get the whole metric thing :/ i kinda understand the C to F conversion but thats about it

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record, I hate having to port over data from one Android device to the next.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb