WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll give you 5 stars for trying but I'll give you the full explanation.

Yes the avatar represents my thoughts on life, the universe and everything.

The A is as you suggest is correct, beliefs I've held for over 20 years now. The atom represents my love of all things science regardless of my late in life appreciation for it. The sky in the background is representative of my view of where we are in the universe. My love of nature and the beauty of this world. No picture truly captures it.

So in essence, the avatar is very much me. :)

Pretty awesome :)

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

There's a cute high strung Thai hostess at a nearby Thai restaurant at work i used to go to a lot...it was a family business...until she got nitpicky during lunch with my coworkers. She is cute...I would have said yes to a fling with her but you cannot blackball your regular customers that way...and so I've permanently boycotted that place.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

I bet you'd like to tie her up... :devil:

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not much more efficient than the 801 is the 805, but probably offers more between larger screen support and higher video recording.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

The Snapdragon 805 is more of a step up. It's faster than the 801 and has been designed with 4K at the forefront so will be able to support 4K resolution displays on-device, as well as 55-megapixel cameras.
It uses more efficient Krait 450 cores, which clock up to 2.7GHz and a brand new Adreno 420 GPU that Qualcomm claims is 40 per cent faster than the 330. Based on this figure we may be able to assume a clock speed of more than 700MHz. However, perhaps the biggest change is the 805?s doubling of memory bandwidth to (up to) 30GB/s a second.

The improved thermal management has also led to better energy efficiency compared to the 800/801.

Personally, I believe the 805 is the chip the 929/930/Icon should have had.
Hopeful MSFT will use it next time.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

N6 and N9 got announced today. With prices approaching that of offerings from the fruitstand in Cupertino, I think I will stay put with stuff from 2013 from the Giant in Mountain View. If I really want an expensive tablet and a keyboard might as well get the Surface. The other two are just wannabes since they can't really run true office/engineering/productivity software - that is where Windows is still king....

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

N6 and N9 got announced today. With prices approaching that of offerings from the fruitstand in Cupertino, I think I will stay put with stuff from 2013 from the Giant in Mountain View. If I really want an expensive tablet and a keyboard might as well get the Surface. The other two are just wannabes since they can't really run true office/engineering/productivity software - that is where Windows is still king....

Let's hope MSFT get this 'handover' thing sorted.
As for being "pretenders", most folks only use a tablet for consumption not creation. For most, apps are all they use/need on a tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05