WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've defended science on this forum quite a bit. I've been surprised (but not much) by the level of ignorance some people have.

Ignorance? Yep, I remembered that this thread was once (a few thousand posts ago) a place for science and other discussions... But now it's like... Antarctica with penguins. :p

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Possibly. He's back on his usual now. I think with the change over with the name of the forum some things might have went wonky for some people.

Maybe it was the issue with Tapatalk when Windows Phone Central was renamed, I think?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ignorance? Yep, I remembered that this thread was once (a few thousand posts ago) a place for science and other discussions... But now it's like... Antarctica with penguins. :p

Yeah, it was an interesting place for discussion. Now it's semi dead and a guy pretending to be a penguin because he thinks it's funny... Either that or he really loves his puppet..

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

It's really not difficult. One of the easiest things at math in a while. I'm just so clumsy, I usually do stupid mistakes like write + instead of - and similar stuff.

I know that feel... I've made a ton of mistake like that. It's like... going mad but can't shout at anyone. :/

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Seems like a bit of a whiny day today? If you are craving deeper discussion, discuss.

I'll take part as and when I can.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm using TapaTalk on my tablet because the app is broke. Since they change the name of the forum it's messed things up.

Which app was broken? If you was talking about Tapatalk, just simply open it up, search for Windows Central, then log in. That should get things done.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Which app was broken? If you was talking about Tapatalk, just simply open it up, search for Windows Central, then log in. That should get things done.

No the WPC app on my Android tablet. It's broken. I think it needs to be updated to work properly but I'm not sure.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, it was an interesting place for discussion. Now it's semi dead and a guy pretending to be a penguin because he thinks it's funny... Either that or he really loves his puppet..

I think the "penguin" joke is quite funny, but nothing remains funny when it become too much. :/

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So what's up with Renee Zellweger's face? What's up with society and continual plastic surgery or obsession? Where do we draw the line?

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

No the WPC app on my Android tablet. It's broken. I think it needs to be updated to work properly but I'm not sure.

How weird the WPC app on my Windows Phone still works well. Anyway, an update is going to be released this week, hopefully it will fix this and also other stuffs. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think the "penguin" joke is quite funny, but nothing remains funny when it become too much. :/

I like talking to people and individuals. I don't care if I don't know their real names or not. I'm interested in their opinions, thoughts, ideas, etc. Pretending to be a penguin just doesn't sit up there with that. It's one thing if I'm watching a show on TV or something, quite something else when I'm talking to someone.

The whole violence bit was OTT if you ask me as well. Got a bit out of hand.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

In most circumstances in life you only need addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.

... And a few other basic things. I know we have to learn things like logarithms to keep our brains working but... Aren't they a bit too much? :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So what's up with Renee Zellweger's face? What's up with society and continual plastic surgery or obsession? Where do we draw the line?

I can put this in two parts.

In the first part I will say it's up to an individual to determine what they want to do with themselves. As long as they're not hurting anyone else have fun.

Second part is that women still feel they 'need' to do this stuff to stay relevant in society. It's a sad case that we now believe women need to stay young looking throughout their lives and men can 'age' gracefully. This goes into the whole misogynistic world we live in were a women's value seems to be placed on how she looks rather than what she contributes to society.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Nothing I could think of to discuss. My brain's totally blank now
Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

... And a few other basic things. I know we have to learn things like logarithms to keep our brains working but... Aren't they a bit too much? :/

Logarithms are one of the easier maths...

All math has a practical use. When I was in school, many years ago, I remember students asking questions like 'what do I need to know this for?'. Most teachers don't have an answer which is 99% of the issue. Real life examples requires knowledge and experience to answer a question like that and most teachers do not have that. Doesn't meant there aren't good maths teachers just a lot that just 'teach' their subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte