WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I like talking to people and individuals. I don't care if I don't know their real names or not. I'm interested in their opinions, thoughts, ideas, etc. Pretending to be a penguin just doesn't sit up there with that. It's one thing if I'm watching a show on TV or something, quite something else when I'm talking to someone.

The whole violence bit was OTT if you ask me as well. Got a bit out of hand.

Its sometimes funny that an OT thread is took to OT by a penguin.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

How weird the WPC app on my Windows Phone still works well. Anyway, an update is going to be released this week, hopefully it will fix this and also other stuffs. :/

Actually I'm expecting a new WPcentral app. The beta version is ready, I hope we get the official one soon.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Used to what?
You appear randomly out of no where

Not really ..... I always get on and off at the same time for the past year . Nothing random about that
And used to bring normal hence the word normalcy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Its sometimes funny that an OT thread is took to OT by a penguin.

Yes it's an OT thread but it's always been some interesting discussion with bursts of silliness in the middle. Just seemed that it's been mostly silly lately rather than any form of discussion. That's all we were saying.

Nothing wrong with a bit nonsense but prolonged or protracted is a bit much when there are people who'd like to talk to one another and the post gets lost in the noise.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes it's an OT thread but it's always been some interesting discussion with bursts of silliness in the middle. Just seemed that it's been mostly silly lately rather than any form of discussion. That's all we were saying.

Nothing wrong with a bit nonsense but prolonged or protracted is a bit much when there are people who'd like to talk to one another and the post gets lost in the noise.

^this there has to be a balance between random and good topics !

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Received WPcentral update.
Nothing new, only the rebranding.
Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Logarithms are one of the easier maths...

All math has a practical use. When I was in school, many years ago, I remember students asking questions like 'what do I need to know this for?'. Most teachers don't have an answer which is 99% of the issue. Real life examples requires knowledge and experience to answer a question like that and most teachers do not have that. Doesn't meant there aren't good maths teachers just a lot that just 'teach' their subject.

Agreed. I'm not blaming anything on me not being good at math, but seriously, I can't find any good or practical reasons to learn those things. Just functions and theorems over and over. What will I use all those things in my life? No answer. I find myself getting interested in subjects which have real-life applications, not just on the books like this.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Others ._. ? The only new posters are you , penguin and Ton other than that the other 3 and box guy have our times when we leave then come back . ;)

*cough* I'm Toan, not Ton *cough* "ton" is a unit of measurement and I'm not that heavy. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. I'm not blaming anything on me not being good at math, but seriously, I can't find any good or practical reasons to learn those things. Just functions and theorems over and over. What will I use all those things in my life? No answer. I find myself getting interested in subjects which have real-life applications, not just on the books like this.

It's one of the reasons why people don't have much interest in engineering these days. There's lots of maths behind it but people can't grasp the practical side until they start realising where it comes from. Engineering is simply practical science. Most people don't realise that. The maths are there so you have a foundation for understanding.

If you're not interested in maths intensive subjects then you don't go out of your way to figure out the practical reasons for it.

I work in the electrical industry without math our understanding of what electricity is would go out the window.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb