WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This is just a short burst of comments.

I'll leave you with my thoughts on the Band.

Looks neat. Sad about that battery life.

Looks like MS is collecting health data. Rather interesting they're getting into this health thing like Google is.

Pretty pathetic that it's released only in the US but not the least surprised. They're obviously hoping to attract Android and iOS buyers since they released apps for those platforms at the same time. As usual MS cares nothing about their largest markets outside the US.

What is interesting is the Cortana integration. I'm curious if they plan to bring that integration to Android and iOS and if the Band will be the first implementation of Cortana for those two platforms...

Anyway, as usual, boring day for WP fans outside the US. I might point out that I'm slightly annoyed that Motorola brought out a really nice phone for Verizon that I can't get either.

If things like this keep up I may have to get an Apple device as they appear to be the only device manufacturer that actually cares about anyone outside the US...

MS is making it harder and harder to stay motivated to like them.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Droid Turbo you say :) ? I might have some good news for you, since Droid Turbo international is supposed to be unveiled. I still wouldn't be able to get this one either :(. Motorola only sells in UK and Germany, considering Europe. But we do have service here for Motorola so I will check at them if they would repair phones bought in Europe under warranty.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This is just a short burst of comments.

I'll leave you with my thoughts on the Band.

Looks neat. Sad about that battery life.

Looks like MS is collecting health data. Rather interesting they're getting into this health thing like Google is.

Pretty pathetic that it's released only in the US but not the least surprised. They're obviously hoping to attract Android and iOS buyers since they released apps for those platforms at the same time. As usual MS cares nothing about their largest markets outside the US.

What is interesting is the Cortana integration. I'm curious if they plan to bring that integration to Android and iOS and if the Band will be the first implementation of Cortana for those two platforms...

Anyway, as usual, boring day for WP fans outside the US. I might point out that I'm slightly annoyed that Motorola brought out a really nice phone for Verizon that I can't get either.

If things like this keep up I may have to get an Apple device as they appear to be the only device manufacturer that actually cares about anyone outside the US...

MS is making it harder and harder to stay motivated to like them.

The only thing that I question is how difficult can it be to have a world wide release ? I think it's pretty hard . Also say they did have a world wide release would you honestly buy it ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only thing that I question is how difficult can it be to have a world wide release ? I think it's pretty hard . Also say they did have a world wide release would you honestly buy it ?

It's not about just me world wide. It's about everyone else. You miss the point. WP has the lowest take up percentage wise in the US. So it get frustrating for everyone else in the world when there's no MS store, there's no Bing Rewards, there's no Coratana, there's no Band.

It's always, US only. US only, US only. Get it?

As for your question of world wide release... Apple does it... Questions?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Droid Turbo you say :) ? I might have some good news for you, since Droid Turbo international is supposed to be unveiled. I still wouldn't be able to get this one either :(. Motorola only sells in UK and Germany, considering Europe. But we do have service here for Motorola so I will check at them if they would repair phones bought in Europe under warranty.

I'll wait for the announcement and see what the reviews have to say. From overall specs and looks it's pretty much what I've been after. I want to see what the camera is like first though.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's not about just me world wide. It's about everyone else. You miss the point. WP has the lowest take up percentage wise in the US. So it get frustrating for everyone else in the world when there's no MS store, there's no Bing Rewards, there's no Coratana, there's no Band.

It's always, US only. US only, US only. Get it?

As for your question of world wide release... Apple does it... Questions?

I like to think they do it to test out how well it sells here in the us.
And as for Apple , they aren't apple where people line up for hours. So apple has more confidence that their watch will sell, while msft doesn't have that kind of followers so they are probably cautious in this launch .
That's my thoughts

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like to think they do it to test out how well it sells here in the us.
And as for Apple , they aren't apple where people line up for hours. So apple has more confidence that their watch will sell, while msft doesn't have that kind of followers so they are probably cautious in this launch .
That's my thoughts

Here's my thoughts as a consumer. If you lack confidence in what you make why should I buy it?

If they're going to do the whole meek thing than that's not good business practice. I want a device I can have confidence in and I want to know it will work and that you believe it's the best device going.

As for their not being Apple, that means nothing, lots of other OEMs are not Apple. They're either an international company selling international products and services or they're not. They should make up their mind. If they want to pander to the US, fine but you got to make concessions to your larger market outside of the US otherwise you'll start losing them. They don't seem to care though.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Here's my thoughts as a consumer. If you lack confidence in what you make why should I buy it?

If they're going to do the whole meek thing than that's not good business practice. I want a device I can have confidence in and I want to know it will work and that you believe it's the best device going.

As for their not being Apple, that means nothing, lots of other OEMs are not Apple. They're either an international company selling international products and services or they're not. They should make up their mind. If they want to pander to the US, fine but you got to make concessions to your larger market outside of the US otherwise you'll start losing them. They don't seem to care though.

Keep in mind they just started to sell them in stores ( MSFT stores) they didn't a big announcement so I doubt alot of people know about it. That's why I think they are taking the us approach and later expand . That ones who already bought a smartband already have one but the ones who don't and are in the market for one have more options . It might not be the right move for MSFT but it might be the best.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

To be honest I'm not sure what MSFT has to do to get a world wide release .
sent from my rare green linux 830

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99