WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Keep in mind they just started to sell them in stores ( MSFT stores) they didn't a big announcement so I doubt alot of people know about it. That's why I think they are taking the us approach and later expand . That ones who already bought a smartband already have one but the ones who don't and are in the market for one have more options . It might not be the right move for MSFT but it might be the best.

Stop being defensive and read what I wrote.

MS is not some small time operator. They're a huge international multi billion dollar organization. If you were talking about a small organization I would agree with you but we're not. You don't seem to get that tech news goes world wide. BBC had this thing in their tech news today. This site alone is international and word spreads.

When most other markets (excluding China) are your biggest customers and you keep shrugging your shoulders at them and say, well you're not in the US, what kind of message does that send them? The UK has over 10% WP.

Aside from their phones and DP access to Cortana, we have nothing of significance to draw up to WP or MS. Keep in mind that both Google and Apple have tonnes of support for their products from every manufacturer. MS has to fight to gain market share. I know that they released this device to work with iOS and Android, they're hoping to get interest from there. But there's a whole market in the EU that wants this device. Who are already MS followers and have been waiting for a device like this.

It's not good publicity for them and it just angers customers they have already upset with slow updates and lack lustre hardware. Add in lack of services in many countries outside the US and you wonder why WP people seem to get tired with MS.

Are you getting my point yet?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

So today was a bit normal day for me, because I didn't hear that "meow" today.
Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I haven't read the previous posts today, I would read it & reply tomorrow. I think its that MS band talk & all. Anyways I'm done for today. Gud nyt

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

I haven't read the previous posts today, I would read it & reply tomorrow. I think its that MS band talk & all. Anyways I'm done for today. Gud nyt
Who's talking about MS Band? It's so boring! <.<

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Who's talking about MS Band? It's so boring! <.<
Rue and Sahib (and me, but not so much).Not so much about the band but about why this thing is not available world wide and why is that super stupid. Other than that I think it's genuinly a good product.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Rue and Sahib (and me, but not so much).Not so much about the band but about why this thing is not available world wide and why is that super stupid. Other than that I think it's genuinly a good product.
I like fancy analog wristwatch much more than any fitness bands or smart watches.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's a tweet by Joe saying that they're 'testing' it in the US. Like Cortana... still makes little sense to me. All these 'beta' products from MS are getting on my nerves. :/

Anyway, chances are I won't bother with WP soon anyway so it won't matter.

By the way, I agree with you with regards to Nokia. It would be cool if they tried again with smartphones. No idea how that would go but if they did it right they could do very well. As long as they don't try to be the old Nokia.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

By the way, I agree with you with regards to Nokia. It would be cool if they tried again with smartphones. No idea how that would go but if they did it right they could do very well. As long as they don't try to be the old Nokia.
Don't you think the phones made by MS and Nokia shall have similar designs? Those polycarb ones.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

There's a tweet by Joe saying that they're 'testing' it in the US. Like Cortana... still makes little sense to me. All these 'beta' products from MS are getting on my nerves. :/

Anyway, chances are I won't bother with WP soon anyway so it won't matter.

Well that's something new, beta testing of HW. I can only laugh at this. If it's not good enough for worldwide market than it's not good enough for anyone.
Considering Nokia I would be happy to see them partner with Jolla producing Sailfish phones for geeks and Androids for masses. It could work.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Why is that? They are not connected any more.
If not then one of them will opt for new designs. But both may continue with their bright colours.
Lumia 830 and 930-like designs shall not do well for a long period.
But the boxy phones look so good to me! :) Highly rounded phones like 530 and 1320 don't do well with moderness. (All according to me)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Well that's something new, beta testing of HW. I can only laugh at this. If it's not good enough for worldwide market than it's not good enough for anyone.
Considering Nokia I would be happy to see them partner with Jolla producing Sailfish phones for geeks and Androids for masses. It could work.
Yups. Android from Nokia would be great. But only if they don't make another Nokia X-like mistake. The phones are rubbish. *eck* Many of my friends who have bought one of the Nokia X phones have installed other launchers. So, it would be great if Nokia uses the primary/default Android launcher or Z launcher with more functionalities.

Or Nokia might continue with it's abandoned Symbian or Meego. Nokia series phones with greater functionality and security might become a hit again ;)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yups. Android from Nokia would be great. But only if they don't make another Nokia X-like mistake. The phones are rubbish. *eck* Many of my friends who have bought one of the Nokia X phones have installed other launchers. So, it would be great if Nokia uses the primary/default Android launcher or Z launcher with more functionalities.

Or Nokia might continue with it's abandoned Symbian or Meego. Nokia series phones with greater functionality and security might become a hit again ;)

They won't go with Symbian again, it's dead with no apps. Meego is in fact predcessor of Sailfish ;)

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

They won't go with Symbian again, it's dead with no apps. Meego is in fact predcessor of Sailfish ;)

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
Do you like Sailfish? BB is better.
However, both of them support Android apps and use that "Android apps compatible" tag for advertising.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett