WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What do you want in a phone - what are your requirements?

I'm considering the Motorola Turbo. They're planning an international version so I'll see what the reviews are when it comes out and what it looks like, dates of availability and so on.

As it is, my main concern is battery. I'm a little over the L920 with it's crap battery and most new flagship Androids are getting up to 2 days with good use. Since WP has no flagship that I'm interested in I have to look elsewhere. I can't get the HTC M8 and as far as I'm concerned neither the L930 or the M8 are flaghip status any more in terms of hardware or battery life.

I'd like to have a good camera but I'm willing to compromise it some for better battery life.

So that's where I am. Since there won't be a new WP flagship until maybe in May next year I can't wait that long. I barely get 8 hours out of my L920 with moderate use. That's with most background tasks off. The only way to really extend the battery is by turning off data, but then what's the point of having a smartphone?

Lastly, I'm just tired of waiting so much with WP. I can get all the apps I require either MS or otherwise on Android. So it suits my needs just fine.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Just got a replacement for the nl625 in the form of a nl630. Not sure what to say, I will survive!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you are bound for android shores. Can't say I blame you, ms have been dragging their heels recently.

I can still get 2-3 days usage out of my 920 regularly so I'm not in such a hurry. I hope you will still stick around.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you are bound for android shores. Can't say I blame you, ms have been dragging their heels recently.

I can still get 2-3 days usage out of my 920 regularly so I'm not in such a hurry. I hope you will still stick around.

I haven't made my mind up about anything but there doesn't seem to be any flagship WPs coming any time soon. I have no idea how you manage 2-3 on a L920. Mine drops drastically the minute I do anything with data, camera, blinking at it... :p

L930 is not an upgrade and battery is horrible. I'm not interested in the L1520. L830 is not what I'm after being a mid-range phone it will always lack features. So I'm at a loss what to do with WP. It's OK to say be patient, I have been but I'm a little over it now. This is technology we're talking about, not knitting.

As for sticking around. I'll be on the Eats thread as usual and drop in here (if this thread keeps going) from time to time but I won't be posting anywhere near as much as I have.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't see this thread stopping by its very nature. It may ebb and flow as people come and go but we'll see.

I think ms would have to be pretty short sighted not to recognise the need for a true flagship, unfortunately the way they work we might get one early next year or late this year at best. At worst they will put out hold on devices until win 10.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess I should make a guest appearance here.

I'm looking to add a 1520 because I'm on the big phones, big battery kick...Z Ultra and 1+1 (daily driver) in the stable. I like my 925 and next time I travel back home, that's what I may use...if my friend hasn't bought it off me for his wife yet. Even after a year on the market, the 1520 is still overpriced. I can understand the 930 being overpriced because it is still new, but due to MS not launching a credible flagship, there is a need to pay for outdated gear at crazy prices. The W8 by HTC doesn't work here because they'll launch the M9 by spring next year and selling the W8 is a great way to use up M8 hardware quicker.

The 1+1 is great for me right now. The camera is solid as long as there is OK enough lightning. Pure low lights though I miss my Lumia, as the 925's not cutting it anymore for my needs. Wouldn't touch the 930 unless used and a great deal...overheating when using the camera leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Plus the battery is too damn small.

MSFT is still asleep at the wheel because their changes aren't moving fast enough...don't expect breakneck speed but their siloed culture is biting them in the *** as they have to readjust now midstream.

Cannot blame folks like Rue, Chregu before him and myself for shifting focus from WP. Personally, I'd love to see MSFT jump to the 64-bit chips but they may just got to more 801s and 805s next year.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't see this thread stopping by its very nature. It may ebb and flow as people come and go but we'll see.

I think ms would have to be pretty short sighted not to recognise the need for a true flagship, unfortunately the way they work we might get one early next year or late this year at best. At worst they will put out hold on devices until win 10.

Yes, the thread may not stop, but the flavors will change...not always for the better. The place moved for interesting and equally respected mass of side conversations to a plain drowning din from one corner of the room. Thanks but no thanks for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes, the thread may not stop, but the flavors will change...not always for the better. The place moved for interesting and equally respected mass of side conversations to a plain drowning din from one corner of the room. Thanks but no thanks for me.

Now I don't need to PM my reasons to Muessig. I will email / PM my story about ifruit later. Also it is not pertinent to WP and that is the main reason. I did get a 925 so I will be around a bit longer...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

IDK, I think the 1520 is too big. It was great at first, but it gets annoying shifting the phone around in your hand when you have to operate it one handed.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

IDK, I think the 1520 is too big. It was great at first, but it gets annoying shifting the phone around in your hand when you have to operate it one handed.

I might say the same about my 1320 too. Still I would buy a 1320 successor in future

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It will fit nicely in my stable between my Z Ultra which still dwarfs it and my OPO. I'm just not going to overpay for it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now I don't need to PM my reasons to Muessig. I will email / PM my story about ifruit later. Also it is not pertinent to WP and that is the main reason. I did get a 925 so I will be around a bit longer...

Good to see you back with a 925. As for me, I'd give up my OPO for a Droid Turbo International model if it had a 64GB variant priced nicely. Otherwise, I'm good.

Off to my internship and then my mid term. I'll post again here if and when I get around to feeling like it.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Just stopping by to take a sec to catch breath during learningof philosophy and I see you are talking about phones. So rue is now being really annoyed by traditional WP "rubbishnes" of battery on his L920. I'm also annoyed because of battery on my L820. I have to recharge it once during a day, and I don't really use it much. The most demanding task is monitoring my run every day and playing music during it. It's true I don't do any power saving but hey, I also don't kill apps on Android, this is the thing OS should be able to handle it's own. And battery isn't the only problem, some lines also started appearing when using camera so the phone is slowly dying, or so it seems.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I can't myself but man I'm wondering if tmobile did us justice and not give the update to the 810 . Mine still runs like it was new. In a way I miss my 810. I miss the amoled screen , I miss how punchy the colors are :p. Maybe the 810 was the best device that lasted the longest and best WP ;) .
Hey 99 I feel your pain on the loss of the 810 :( rip but I do recommend the 830 if its on your radar
sent from my rare green linux 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Something about the 810 just makes me miss it ..not sure but the feeling when you hold it feels like the perfect size
sent from my rare green linux 830

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

A friend of mine has a Lumia icon, and it feels like just the right size to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers