WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
more ram is good don't get more wrong, but I don't think wp lets no more than 6 programs in the background when they are suspended. that's why I think a more optimized os is needed to take advantage of the more ram

the only thing I can think of is some smartphones don't have high end specs and considered high end models. I honestly don't think consumers know about specs its only what they are pushed to buy. I think it comes to down "us" who know about phones that give opinions "to our not so knowledgeable peers" to what to buy. if it wasn't for the spec hungry crowd we wouldn't have the cell tech we have. that's why I don't think its what the market want but what we want.

well low end wp run better than low end android but that's just about it . high end androids run as smooth as high end wp
You're talking about Windows Phone 7, and 8, to a certain extent, not 8.1.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What I don't like, but somehow like, about the x30 lineup is that these phones are just placed too close to each other.

The 730 will cannibalize sales of the 830, the 830 is a far better deal than the 930, the 930 just sucks for an upgrade from the 92x line.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

more ram is good don't get more wrong, but I don't think wp lets no more than 6 programs in the background when they are suspended. that's why I think a more optimized os is needed to take advantage of the more ram

the only thing I can think of is some smartphones don't have high end specs and considered high end models. I honestly don't think consumers know about specs its only what they are pushed to buy. I think it comes to down "us" who know about phones that give opinions "to our not so knowledgeable peers" to what to buy. if it wasn't for the spec hungry crowd we wouldn't have the cell tech we have. that's why I don't think its what the market want but what we want.

well low end wp run better than low end android but that's just about it . high end androids run as smooth as high end wp

I'm going to put a quote here.

640 K ought to be enough for anybody - Bill Gates

Now that quote is attributed to him but he never said it and was probably misquoted. However, it does signify my feelings in regards to people's comments on hardware when discussing WP and smartphones.

Here's a typical argument I hear over and over again when it comes to WP.

Person - Why are WP so expensive and low spec'd?
WPFanboy - You don't need high specs to run WP, It's not necessary.
Person - But then why is the x30 device so expensive?
WPFanboy - The x30 device is priced perfectly for the market
Person - But the specs are so low, xxx Android has way better specs but cost xxx less!
WPFanboy - Yeah but xxx Android needs those specs to run smooth. WP runs great on any spec!
Person - But that doesn't justify the price...
WPFanboy - The camera on any x30 device beats anything on Android.

That's generally the argument. I hear it over and over again. I'm a little tired of it to be honest. Lots of people missing the point.

More RAM is more about apps and efficiency of the system rather than just the OS. Having more RAM is better for any system, doesn't matter if it's 'required' or not.

Specs are important and you can say it's the people who understand specs (which a lot of people claim they do but really don't) which drives the market but the simple reality is if you want to do more and do it efficiently then you need the specs to do it. It's really that simple.

WP is getting more complex with the OS and apps. It will need more RAM.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So there is this girl who was waiting for a ride home and I just came back with my food and drink. I was waiting for the bus. I seen her around at school and sometimes on the bus. I never had the courage to talk to her but I did now. I knew she had the 810. So what I did was do what I would do. And say " yes I made it back on time" and she heard me and said "ha the bus never gets here on time for me" knowing she would pull out her phone I asked her " its because of you " and she said " nooooo its because you got here late" then she pulled out her 810 and showed me the time. There I asked her " so what do you think of your 810" she loves it . She likes square brick phones. I showed her my 830 and wants one
Then the bus came and she said " bye enjoy your late bus ride" I said enjoy your waiting outside

Yup that's how it went and no I didn't ask for her number if Mia is going to ask
sent from my rare green linux 830

Good move. You'll get her number next time. Cannot always ask for it the first go around.

Dawn_N_Dusk

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If anything complexity will increase with cross platform not decrease.

o_o!! really? I was thinking it'll be good enough to tackle the problems wp have been facing till now :/ fine. at least there will more apps for my windows 8.1 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)