WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

o_o!! really? I was thinking it'll be good enough to tackle the problems wp have been facing till now :/ fine. at least there will more apps for my windows 8.1 :)

Well it's my opinion only. I have no idea what it's going to mean in general but just thinking of the scaling needed to translate an app from Windows to phone and still make it usable and easy to use will be interesting. I just wonder what this will do for size of apps and so on. I haven't played with W10 or seen any of the videos on it but then they didn't really touch on the cross platform thing.

Still, overall, having more RAM available and a good CPU and space will be a good thing for any phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Well it's my opinion only. I have no idea what it's going to mean in general but just thinking of the scaling needed to translate an app from Windows to phone and still make it usable and easy to use will be interesting. I just wonder what this will do for size of apps and so on. I haven't played with W10 or seen any of the videos on it but then they didn't really touch on the cross platform thing.

Still, overall, having more RAM available and a good CPU and space will be a good thing for any phone.
I agree about having better things for all three. 8GB/512MB isn't acceptable today, and considering that WP devs often suck at optimization, a Q400 isn't enough anymore.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Maybe I'm not into the whole specs thing like other people . I don't think ill get there
sent from my rare green linux 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

But I think there has to a flagship from MSFT soon . I do think the 830 is how mid range phones should be , carry some stuff from high end models , and low end well low end stuff like what we see from the 6xx and down.
I guess MSFT should go crazy with specs next high end phone ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But I think there has to a flagship from MSFT soon . I do think the 830 is how mid range phones should be , carry some stuff from high end models , and low end well low end stuff like what we see from the 6xx and down.
I guess MSFT should go crazy with specs next high end phone ;)

You and everyone else looking for a real replacement for the L920.

It appears however their first release as MS is going to be mid range however...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You and everyone else looking for a real replacement for the L920.

It appears however their first release as MS is going to be mid range however...

I'm guessing they(msft) are hoping the 830 will be a good stop gap to appease some consumers for the lack of new wp in the market .

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm guessing they(msft) are hoping the 830 will be a good stop gap to appease some consumers for the lack of new wp in the market .

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Not sure who they're appeasing. There seems to be this idea that the L930 is good enough and the L830 is for those who don't want a L930. Not sure I get the logic as myself.

L930 seems to be liked by some, mostly for the design. I don't see anything great about it other than that. The hardware is OK but that's about it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe I'm not into the whole specs thing like other people . I don't think ill get there

The problem with specs is that most people don't know what's good specs and what's bad specs. That is the main issue.

Some people like flashy specs, that's not what I want, new is nice but not always best. I want 100% grunt, nothing else is really necessary aside from a good camera. I'm quite happy with a HD screen and HD video recording. Good battery is my number one priority now.

Except for the L1520 there's nothing else with a good battery from WP currently. It's too big for my purposes. Though some people can get good life out of their phones somehow.

If MS or some other OEM can produce something that ticks the boxes I'll stick with WP as it mostly suits my needs. Currently there's nothing.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not sure who they're appeasing. There seems to be this idea that the L930 is good enough and the L830 is for those who don't want a L930. Not sure I get the logic as myself.

L930 seems to be liked by some, mostly for the design. I don't see anything great about it other than that. The hardware is OK but that's about it.

i think it is :p I'm not interested in the 930 but the 830 was on my radar and fits the bill :)
though the 930 would be perfect if it had an SD card slot and a SD805

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

i think it is :p I'm not interested in the 930 but the 830 was on my radar and fits the bill :)
though the 930 would be perfect if it had an SD card slot and a SD805

Now you have had the 830 for a while, what are your pros and cons?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Now you have had the 830 for a while, what are your pros and cons?
hmmm if i had to say the pros is that the 720p screen looks awesome on my 5in phone. the battety life is just like my 810( lasts me all day doing the same things and more)
- build quality is very good and it feels like its uni body with no creaks or bends.
- the camera is better than my 810s camera and is fast at taking pictures with it ( i bet due to denim )

cons
the screen isnt as bright as my 810
i think amoled looks better than LCD on this phone
the camera button and power button don't feel as tactile as my 810
whites aren't white compared to my sisters 1520.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

the only thing i would do to make the 830 the best phone for me is change the LCD to amoled , raise the power button more.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

the only thing i would do to make the 830 the best phone for me is change the LCD to amoled , raise the power button more.

You actually raise a really good point here. Whenever I've looked at the 830 in the shops I really didn't like the change in the side buttons to be plastic and the same colour as the rest of the phone. On my 920 Nokia had the buttons be more tactile and a different colour to the rest of the phone. I didn't get the same confidence in pressing them on the new phones.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You actually raise a really good point here. Whenever I've looked at the 830 in the shops I really didn't like the change in the side buttons to be plastic and the same colour as the rest of the phone. On my 920 Nokia had the buttons be more tactile and a different colour to the rest of the phone. I didn't get the same confidence in pressing them on the new phones.
the moment i pressed the power and camera button on my 830 i knew they were a little off. i got used to it but im not a fan of how flush they are with the phone. makes me think that the buttons might get stuck one day

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

heheheh looks like todays topic with my teacher and a student is the surface pro 3 ;)... hehehe good stuff :D
they are also saying how awesome it would be to have them here at school

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So philosophy is done, history on the plan for tomorrow.
And one interesting thing, the list of 100 richest Slovenians was published today. And the richest are founders of Outfit7(husband and wife), the creators of Talking Tom :). They were on the right place at the right time :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So philosophy is done, history on the plan for tomorrow.
And one interesting thing, the list of 100 richest Slovenians was published today. And the richest are founders of Outfit7(husband and wife), the creators of Talking Tom :). They were on the right place at the right time :)

i like history :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss