WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

that's the only complaint i have after asking my sister to let me borrow it for a day. the only thing that i dislike is how faint glance is on LCD panels. you see it better with amoled screens

Well said. I'm almost better off with the 930, really.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't know it was called the unicorn...

I didn't realise they took landscape mode off the WC app... hehehe... toilet humour....

Well the 1520 is a bit long in the tooth now. I thought glance had different settings for brightness.

Yup. That's because it has the AWS LTE bands for T-Mobile and the regular LTE bands for AT&T. So I have 3 AWS LTE supported models...the unicorn, the Princess and a OPO.

While people talk about the chip set jump from the 801 to the 805 being minor, the jump from the 800 in both the Z Ultra and 1520 to the 801 in the OPO is serious. I don't feel any warming with yard use on the OPO as I feel with the Z Ultra and so far with the 1520. Yes, it is older tach but MSFT outside the limited release W8 has been rocking older chip sets since 8.0 was launched.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It really should boils down to leadership skills and effectiveness, not merely striving for diversity. Here in the US, history will have a mixed view on Obama...came in like a lion, may end up leaving like a lamb. It would have been tough for a phone to succeed under the terms Obama came in...didn't help he didn't put his foot down firmly in some ways, did court the rich business leaders well enough and that some members of Congress were elected and wasted their time opposing him blindly than helping to move the country forward.

It's early morning. I want trying to imply to have diversity for diversity sake. I just think there are a lot of issues around diversity here, Canada, US and Australia and I'm sure other countries as well.

I feel sorry for Obama and the circumstances he got elected in and then never having a chance to do anything because the other party was more interested in the blame game than doing anything useful. I feel for the US. I really do. The next 10 years could really suck.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's simple calendar app, that's why. Yes, you're right...in real like in don't like to smile a lot. The GF is trying to work on me with that...

I have the same problem. Doesn't help that as you get older your face sags as well. :\

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's simple calendar app, that's why. Yes, you're right...in real like in don't like to smile a lot. The GF is trying to work on me with that...

good stuff... a gf that helps you out :) that alone would make me smile :p..... i hope it works out with the smile thing

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well said. I'm almost better off with the 930, really.

i honestly would of gone with the 930 if i knew 3 things 1) the glance on the 830 wasn't as good as my 810 2) if i knew msft was coming out with a smart band 3) if the 930 had T-Mobile LTE bands
the only time i find glance is useful is at night because its dimmer and dimmer the better. the glance on my 810 was bright

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So unless MS surprises us with some unknown flagship phone that they managed to keep secret I'd say next weeks announcement is going to be quite disappointing for many people.

Of course, announcing and having it for sale are two different things.

Oh, oh!!! US only... :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

i honestly would of gone with the 930 if i knew 3 things 1) the glance on the 830 wasn't as good as my 810 2) if i knew msft was coming out with a smart band 3) if the 930 had T-Mobile LTE bands
the only time i find glance is useful is at night because its dimmer and dimmer the better. the glance on my 810 was bright

The battery on the 930 is small. I'm told that once you start to push it you can get Nexus 5 like performance - not good. If the 1520 ran a little warm on my last night and all I was doing was Xbox Music + IE via WiFi, the 930 might singe me at that rate. I was hopeful that they'd do a unicorn version of the 930 but I guess it would clash with the Icon and they were putting it in less markets than the 830.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The battery on the 930 is small. I'm told that once you start to push it you can get Nexus 5 like performance - not good. If the 1520 ran a little warm on my last night and all I was doing was Xbox Music + IE via WiFi, the 930 might singe me at that rate. I was hopeful that they'd do a unicorn version of the 930 but I guess it would clash with the Icon and they were putting it in less markets than the 830.

Well since I haven't bought the L930 you can guess my opinion of it. People are speculating that the new phone they're announcing is the 1330.

Have I mentioned I don't like the number system?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So now I have an issue... :/

The Moto Droid Maxx (Turbo) is Mexico only with no release dates for anywhere else (how weird). So now I'm a bit stuck what phone to get next. Sigh.

I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen over here...

MIA, thoughts on Nexus 6? Sony Z3? What would you go with? I'm a little lost now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So now I have an issue... :/

The Moto Droid Maxx (Turbo) is Mexico only with no release dates for anywhere else (how weird). So now I'm a bit stuck what phone to get next. Sigh.

I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen over here...

MIA, thoughts on Nexus 6? Sony Z3? What would you go with? I'm a little lost now.

You've got a size issue...lol. If you pick the Nexus 6, might as well have gone with a 1+1, slightly smaller,such cheaper, still very good specs and more internal memory - the 32GB model will be way more expensive than the 64GB OPO for instance.

I would take the Z3 Compact, actually. If you're considering a Z3, it is roughly the same size as the OPO (1+1). Their cameras are a tie, Z3 wins on waterproofing and SD slot; OPO wins on more internal memory, price, and being closer to stock Android.

If you were still fixed on those two, i'd do a Z3 as it is the smaller device. You're still better off waiting an seeing how the N6 looks in person.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Personally, I think OEMs will treat the S805 chip like they did the 800 last year...not really use it and just jump into 64 bits with the 810. MSFT being MSFT will use the 805 predominantly. I suppose they'd be smart to jump to 810 chips too due to their longer release cycles on WP, but they won't do that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You've got a size issue...lol. If you pick the Nexus 6, might as well have gone with a 1+1, slightly smaller,such cheaper, still very good specs and more internal memory - the 32GB model will be way more expensive than the 64GB OPO for instance.

I would take the Z3 Compact, actually. If you're considering a Z3, it is roughly the same size as the OPO (1+1). Their cameras are a tie, Z3 wins on waterproofing and SD slot; OPO wins on more internal memory, price, and being closer to stock Android.

If you were still fixed on those two, i'd do a Z3 as it is the smaller device. You're still better off waiting an seeing how the N6 looks in person.

The problem with the 1+1 is that I'm not sure I can get it over here. I thought it was still by invitation only.

How much does the thing cost anyway? I'd like the latest version if I were to get it. There appears to be different options on the thing.

Still no idea what to do though. :/

I'll have to wait some more. How fun. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

OK so I can buy the 1+1 and the specs look great. Damn thing is cheap too! I can almost buy two of those for the price of the L830....

Invite anyone? :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

MS needs to target marker share, by releasing low/mid ranged devices, its targeting more of developing countries. Don't worry, 925, 1520 successors are coming soon

I'm not worrying. I'm simply not caring any more. Let them target low to mid range if that's what they want to do. Some will stick around, others will leave tired of waiting for a half decent flagship. I'll probably be one of them. I'll come back when WP is more mature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss