WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The new device looks great. It seems to be a successor to the 530. Unfortunately I just bought a 630 for my gran 👵 who had her b'day recently, could have given her this instead had I waited a week more :(. Really wanted the ffc for Skype calling, and the led for torch, both of which are not on the 630.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The problem with the 1+1 is that I'm not sure I can get it over here. I thought it was still by invitation only.

How much does the thing cost anyway? I'd like the latest version if I were to get it. There appears to be different options on the thing.

Still no idea what to do though. :/

I'll have to wait some more. How fun. :/

Yes, it is invite only. But...

Reach out to 99 as he can better answer your shipping questions, price and stuff surrounding the invite if the OPO appeals to you. The sandstone black, 64GB model is what I have and is the most popular. The white one is only 16GB, so you want to stay away from that. They were supposedly offering it in a bamboo back but that fell through and I saw something recent about the yellow one.

But seriously, talk to 99 about it. I'm using mine as an intermezzo (although you can say all my devices are intermezzo) and it is great fit for me.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, it is invite only. But...

Reach out to 99 as he can better answer your shipping questions, price and stuff surrounding the invite if the OPO appeals to you. The sandstone black, 64GB model is what I have and is the most popular. The white one is only 16GB, so you want to stay away from that. They were supposedly offering it in a bamboo back but that fell through and I saw something recent about the yellow one.

But seriously, talk to 99 about it. I'm using mine as an intermezzo (although you can say all my devices are intermezzo) and it is great fit for me.

I'll have a serious thought about it and then email 99.

Is there anything about the 1+1 that you don't like?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll have a serious thought about it and then email 99.

Is there anything about the 1+1 that you don't like?

Other than the stuff I shared with you in that review? Not really. If you're used to dealing with smaller phones, it is an adjustment. The OPO isn't small but it isn't iPhone 6+ kinda awkward. CyanogenMod can be intimidating for some folks...their theme is the default so if you don't like how of looks then switch to holo. Plus you don't have to mess with all the settings to get it how you want unless necessary.

Personally, I love how easy it is root this phone. I did so to back up my data better and I haven't flashed a custom ROM on it because my needs, I don't need to. It is a solid piece of kit for the cash...and has a nice resale value as 99 can tell you because right it is still a little not as easy to get.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's funny this time of day when I leave work. At the train station there are school kids out at the same time. The contrast been them and work people is rather interesting. Large groups of kids vs singles and couples.

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's funny this time of day when I leave work. There are school kids out at the same time. The contrast been then and work people is rather interesting. Large groups vs singles and couples.

What do you mean by that ....I'm not getting you :|

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

The new device looks great. It seems to be a successor to the 530. Unfortunately I just bought a 630 for my gran 👵 who had her b'day recently, could have given her this instead had I waited a week more :(. Really wanted the ffc for Skype calling, and the led for torch, both of which are not on the 630.

Ahh, good to see you back again. 630 is awesome. If it had ffc, it would've been great but still, its a good value for money 💵

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

It's funny this time of day when I leave work. There are school kids out at the same time. The contrast been then and work people is rather interesting. Large groups vs singles and couples.

What are you pointing towards?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I typed it fairly quick as the train was coming in. I did modify what I said however I'll explain.

I was at the train station. While waiting for the train I noticed how different things are between school kids and workers. Workers are typically in singles or couples while the kids are in large groups.

It was just an observation of the contrast between the two groups.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Ahh, good to see you back again. 630 is awesome. If it had ffc, it would've been great but still, its a good value for money ï’µ

Yups. Good price. Did you notice, after going out of stock on some e-retailers, Microsoft has released an ad for Lumia 730 :/ It'll do the same with Lumia 830 & 930, may be. BTW, not much units of 930 have been sold. It's price hasn't fallen even a bit. But, 830's price has reduced by 3k to 4k. And, is snapdeal really giving 6k off on 830?

Is your exam nearing? You do not appear much.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I typed it fairly quick as the train was coming in. I did modify what I said however I'll explain.

I was at the train station. While waiting for the train I noticed how different things are between school kids and workers. Workers are typically in singles or couples while the kids are in large groups.

It was just an observation of the contrast between the two groups.
ohhh that made better sense.... i wonder why that is ...o.o

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Yups. Good price. Did you notice, after going out of stock on some e-retailers, Microsoft has released an ad for Lumia 730 :/ It'll do the same with Lumia 830 & 930, may be. BTW, not much units of 930 have been sold. It's price hasn't fallen even a bit. But, 830's price has reduced by 3k to 4k. And, is snapdeal really giving 6k off on 830?

Is your exam nearing? You do not appear much.

I really don't know whether snapdeal is giving ₹6k off on 830. Also, its said that if you order from snapdeal app for WP, you'll be getting the discount. Not sure if its still valid.
Yes, my exam is coming near, but I'm not studying though. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss