WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We are talking about MSFT here...s810 are the 64bit chips.

Yes and there will be many who would say 64bit chips are a waste of time on a phone and that it's just a gimmick to have it. Then they'll continue with saying that WP doesn't need high end specs...

Then those same people complain there's no flagships...

Sigh. This whole WP thing and mobiles in general is a depressing topic.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Yes and there will be many who would say 64bit chips are a waste of time on a phone and that it's just a gimmick to have it. Then they'll continue with saying that WP doesn't need high end specs...

Then those same people complain there's no flagships...

Sigh. This whole WP thing and mobiles in general is a depressing topic.
The arguments for 64 bit being a gimmick apply to iPhone rightfully. 64 bit chips in a phone with 1gb ram are nothing more than a gimick. Now if the phone has 4gb or more then it could serve a purpose.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The arguments for 64 bit being a gimmick apply to iPhone rightfully. 64 bit chips in a phone with 1gb ram are nothing more than a gimick. Now if the phone has 4gb or more then it could serve a purpose.

I think the only reason why the iPhone doesn't have more RAM is because Apple can use it for an 'upgrade' later. I'm sure it will come.

Saying that, I think they probably utilise the chip well in their OS.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I think the only reason why the iPhone doesn't have more RAM is because Apple can use it for an 'upgrade' later. I'm sure it will come.

IPhones doesn't have more ram due to ego problems.
I here rest my post.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Still seems like a gimmick to me ..now ....on Apple devices ....I would like to see it on android first to see if it's really useful or not

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Quite a nice day today. Getting frustrating deadlines at work but hey that's Monday for you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Still seems like a gimmick to me ..now ....on Apple devices ....I would like to see it on android first to see if it's really useful or not

Unless you or someone else has proof of how 64bit architecture is utilised on an iPhone we can't really comment if it's a gimmick or not. Regardless of the RAM.

As for Android or any other OS, it comes down to how the OS works.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Those wanting something more than a low or mid range phone. There's a few of us wanting a flagship. We're ready for an upgrade. Unfortunately there's nothing.

This is what happens when you buy a phone on 2 year contract.

I normally use a phone for a year, buy a new one after that, sometimes keep the old one as a secondary phone.

I have a habit of using multiple phones. I won't say I'm not bored, but again as I said earlier I get bored with a new device on first day itself.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is what happens when you buy a phone on 2 year contract.

I normally use a phone for a year, buy a new one after that, sometimes keep the old one as a secondary phone.

I have a habit of using multiple phones. I won't say I'm not bored, but again as I said earlier I get bored with a new device on first day itself.

I don't have a contract. I bought my phone outright. There is simply no phone that interests me. That's my issue. I'm not alone.

I bought an Android tablet to help some but I'm at a point where the L920 is irritating me so I need to do something.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I don't have a contract. I bought my phone outright. There is simply no phone that interests me. That's my issue. I'm not alone.

I bought an Android tablet to help some but I'm at a point where the L920 is irritating me so I need to do something.

Hmmm, 920 is too old, I understand.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's the case with me too

That's why I'm currently considering a 1+1 to get by. It's cheap and it's good for a gap filler while I sort out what I want and will have a good resale value while it's still by invite only. That's of course if I decide to sell it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm also contemplating giving away my L920 with case and possibly the wireless charging plate with it. I don't mind wireless charging but it's neither here nor there.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Todays world.
Sent from my dark knight 1320

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141110_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141110_0001.png
    318.6 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20141110_0002.png
    wp_ss_20141110_0002.png
    261 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads