WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Unless you or someone else has proof of how 64bit architecture is utilised on an iPhone we can't really comment if it's a gimmick or not. Regardless of the RAM.

As for Android or any other OS, it comes down to how the OS works.

The whole point of a 64bit architecture was to address more than 4gb of memory .....right ? That's what I'm assuming here that in order to get the benefits of a 64bit architecture.
I think its more of "I'm just prepping my os to 64bit incase I do put more than 4gb of ram in a iphone "

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm also contemplating giving away my L920 with case and possibly the wireless charging plate with it. I don't mind wireless charging but it's neither here nor there.

Doesn't the 1+1 have qi wireless charging ....or is that another phone o.o?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh hey its that one girl I talked about earlier this year with the red 920 :p
sent from my rare green linux 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The whole point of a 64bit architecture was to address more than 4gb of memory .....right ? That's what I'm assuming here that in order to get the benefits of a 64bit architecture.
I think its more of "I'm just prepping my os to 64bit incase I do put more than 4gb of ram in a iphone "

So this misconception needs to end here.

A 32 bit CPU can support more than 4GB of RAM. The limitation is based on the OS, not the CPU.

The reason you go between 32 or 64 bit computing has little to do with the RAM issue. 64 bit systems are far more efficient because you can run two 32 bit processes at the same time. The allowance of more RAM per process allows for smoother operation of dual processes. A lot depends on the OS and how it's set up however. That's why my comment was about the OS rather than the actual CPU.

64 bit processing is purely based on OS performance and how it optimizes processes within the OS. If it's not set up correctly you won't see any benefit.

That's why having a 64 bit processor is not a gimmick if done right.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Might be for some

Didn't say it wasn't. :p

My wife encounters funny things with LinkedIn profiles all the time with people having 10 to 20 year old photos on their profiles. She finds it rather annoying that people feel they need to have a younger photo on their profile and dishonest.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to Cosmo's, a food buffet chain in the UK. Looking forward to trying lots of different things tonight!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Can't quote since It wont let me.
Anyways i knew it was never CPU based hence the more ram comment. My problem isn't with CPU. It's with many saying we need it regardless if it's done right or wrong . How do I know apple implementation is spot on or just a gimmick? I could question it can't I?
Also don't the apps have to optimized to run on x64.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Can't quote since It wont let me.
Anyways i knew it was never CPU based hence the more ram comment. My problem isn't with CPU. It's with many saying we need it regardless if it's done right or wrong . How do I know apple implementation is spot on or just a gimmick? I could question it can't I?
Also don't the apps have to optimized to run on x64.

No. Most apps are 32 bit based and 32 bit programs can run on 64 bit processors. If the OS is set up correctly, as I pointed out, it will be more optimized.

Most Windows programs are 32 bit still.

You don't know if it's optimized, which is my point, so saying it's a gimmick is incorrect. Simple fact is, you don't know. As for RAM, it doen't really matter as most apps, aside from games, don't use much RAM. Again, OS optimization.

Normally it is games and other graphic intensive programs that will use 64 bit processors fully.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh no wonder why its thin :p

It isn't thin. The Z Ultra is thin. It feels a little thinner than a 1520 because of the gentle sloping it the back...but they're about the same.

I would have a clue since I now own all 3...

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So this misconception needs to end here.

A 32 bit CPU can support more than 4GB of RAM. The limitation is based on the OS, not the CPU.

The reason you go between 32 or 64 bit computing has little to do with the RAM issue. 64 bit systems are far more efficient because you can run two 32 bit processes at the same time. The allowance of more RAM per process allows for smoother operation of dual processes. A lot depends on the OS and how it's set up however. That's why my comment was about the OS rather than the actual CPU.

64 bit processing is purely based on OS performance and how it optimizes processes within the OS. If it's not set up correctly you won't see any benefit.

That's why having a 64 bit processor is not a gimmick if done right.

Better chip set and better tweaked OS = better battery life, since many knuckleheaded consumers want skinny phone with super batteries.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It isn't thin. The Z Ultra is thin. It feels a little thinner than a 1520 because of the gentle sloping it the back...but they're about the same.

I would have a clue since I now own all 3...

And here is the proof. The 925 still takes good pictures...and I was reminded as to how useless the WPC app can be...cannot upload pictures directly easily. Meanwhile on the 1+1, I snap, click and post...SMH...

WP_20141110_10_25_23_Pro.jpgWP_20141110_10_26_29_Pro.jpgWP_20141110_10_26_51_Pro.jpgWP_20141110_10_28_02_Pro.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Shout out to MobileNations for improving the WPC site. Uploading pictures are now a breeze...used to be such an ***-pain. Maybe I will use the mobile site a bit more instead of the Android app or Jay's app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077