WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. I've got to suffer through another all staff meeting today. And my boss is doing a presentation to boot. Oh Joy.

In WP related news, I've got my screen protectors finally so I'm taking the unicorn out for a run the next two days as my daily driver.

I see the audio for music is ok and that Xbox music still sucks. Sigh...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I've got to suffer through another all staff meeting today. And my boss is doing a presentation to boot. Oh Joy.

In WP related news, I've got my screen protectors finally so I'm taking the unicorn out for a run the next two days as my daily driver.

I see the audio for music is ok and that Xbox music still sucks. Sigh...

Sounds like a fun day... :/

Did you really expect Xbox music to be better? :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm so hating the software I'm using. It's crashed on my four times already and it looks like five is in the works...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

At least to get to use my favorite transit apps again...as much as I like the unicorn, I feel it is a slight downgrade to the Z Ultra. Wish MSFT had pushed some tablet related features like the damn split screen to make use of the real estate.

While the Z Ultra doesn't use the real estate as well either, it just feels like a step slightly back. At least I'm getting a N7 2013 to replace the Z Ultra. I wish it were a Z3 Tablet Compact, but there's no money for that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

At least to get to use my favorite transit apps again...as much as I like the unicorn, I feel it is a slight downgrade to the Z Ultra. Wish MSFT had pushed some tablet related features like the damn split screen to make use of the real estate.

While the Z Ultra doesn't use the real estate as well either, it just feels like a step slightly back. At least I'm getting a N7 2013 to replace the Z Ultra. I wish it were a Z3 Tablet Compact, but there's no money for that.

Aside from the OPO I'm finding all the flagship fairly expensive and none of them have good contracts either... not that I'm keen on a contract. I want to replace my L920 but still stuck what to do. I don't know when either.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Someone posted this interesting article on The Verge - Microsoft?s Android and iOS focus leaves Windows users in the cold | The Verge

I've noticed that many people have been complaining about this type of thing recently but it does beg the question. It also doesn't put WP in a good light.

Will Windows 10 be the saviour everyone is hoping it is? Will people really stick around that long to find out? I know some will but it seems like WP is becoming niche. I've done niche once already. I'm not prepared for another 2-3 years of it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Aside from the OPO I'm finding all the flagship fairly expensive and none of them have good contracts either... not that I'm keen on a contract. I want to replace my L920 but still stuck what to do. I don't know when either.

You wanna buy my OPO? Lol. The only phone out I'd give that up for is the Z3. I'd miss out on the awesome AudioFX, but I'd survive. Love how sexy the Z3 feels in hand. The black looks awesome (at least the t-mo version), but me being me would get it in copper just to be different.

The contract thing is dead to me after the 810 fiasco, so your apprehension is understandable. I'm actually down to two phones now, so I'm good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You wanna buy my OPO? Lol. The only phone out I'd give that up for is the Z3. I'd miss out on the awesome AudioFX, but I'd survive. Love how sexy the Z3 feels in hand. The black looks awesome (at least the t-mo version), but me being me would get it in copper just to be different.

The contract thing is dead to me after the 810 fiasco, so your apprehension is understandable. I'm actually down to two phones now, so I'm good.

So you only have the 1520 and Z Ultra or is it the OPO and 1520?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Someone posted this interesting article on The Verge - Microsoft?s Android and iOS focus leaves Windows users in the cold | The Verge

I've noticed that many people have been complaining about this type of thing recently but it does beg the question. It also doesn't put WP in a good light.

Will Windows 10 be the saviour everyone is hoping it is? Will people really stick around that long to find out? I know some will but it seems like WP is becoming niche. I've done niche once already. I'm not prepared for another 2-3 years of it.

I thought 8.1 was to save us? Wait, I thought 8.0 was to save us? No, I thought 7.5 was to save us.

See what I did there? In the eyes of MSFT, it does t make a difference. What needs to have is equal focus by MSFT on WP and those other two. Bit as we know, $#%! is siloed beyond belief at Redmond. So I'll just kick back with my beautifully imperfect Nokia Lumia device and see what happens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. Time for a new computer for me, at least that is what I'm telling the boss.

Here's a typical example of large corporations. I'm not entirely sure how old my computer is but it's not exactly new. The two people who got the newest most powerful computers (this year) with all the bells and whistles are the two people in my group who don't need them. They even admit they didn't need them.

In the meantime I'm ready to chuck mine out the window. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)